RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Dealership Feedback > Why do they lie?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Paulcp

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Atacama Sand
Why do they lie?

Well i've just about calmed down after our RRS was in for some warranty work this week

It's an ongoing problem that the dealership hasn't resolved. They picked up the car on Weds morning, by 5.45pm I hadn't heard anything so I called them (since it was clear they wouldn't be calling me) to be told they were still doing diagnostics so it wouldn't be ready that day. Following morning I ask for an update. - "we need to change a valve"
5.30pm heard nothing so I called again to be told "it's almost done but we can't return it tonight"
I get it back this morning and later in the day had the chance to review the files from the onboard camera.

Findings, it was parked up at 10.02am Weds morning & the next time it moved was 11.09am Thurs morning. Service manager wasn't in this afternoon but guess whose paying him a visit on Monday morning😎😎😎 Can't wait to hear his explanation!

When I get there I will also invite the sales guy who we dealt with 2 years ago so he can see why he will not be getting any repeat business

Land Rover, you need to sort out your dealers, you may be able to sell every car you can make now but over time your crap dealer network will get what they deserve!

Post #473546 Fri Sep 18 2015 9:43pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

As it was warranty work the dealership will naturally be billing all the hard work that they did on your car to LR............... I'm sure that LR would be delighted to learn that one of their dealerships has been defrauding them with invoices for warranty work that they haven't actually done.................... Might also be worth asking for the Dealer Principal and General manager to be present so that the most senior management at the dealership are aware what their juniors are getting up to......... 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #473547 Fri Sep 18 2015 9:48pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
foxtrotzulu

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

I'm not sure there is the slightest evidence of fraud. All it sounds like to me is that they were busy with other stuff and simply thought it would be better to pretend they had started work on it rather than admit they hadn't touched it yet. LR might be unimpressed that a dealer isn't looking after the punters very well, but I can't see them getting massively over excited.

Of course, the dealer shouldn't have lied to you, but assuming they had provide a nice courtesy car then the question is whether you were massively inconvenienced by the delay or not.

Post #473550 Fri Sep 18 2015 10:46pm
Paulcp

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Atacama Sand

This is the 3rd time in 6 months that they have demonstrated the contempt they hold towards customers. My gripe with them is their total reluctance to communicate effectively and then to continually lie when they are forced to communicate.

1. Service in April, booked 5 weeks in advance and at 5.30pm the evening before it was due in I get a call asking if they can reschedule it. I refuse so they say they don't have a courtesy car available (despite it being booked for 5 weeks). I tell them I am dropping it off at 9.00am as first requested so they had better sort a courtesy car fast. When I get there I find another couple having a massive row with the service personnel. Seems they had arrived to pick up their car to be told it wasn't ready and they had not been informed in advance.
Anyhow, they give me a demo car and say my car will be ready at 5.00pm for collection and that it "is a big service which takes 3 hours" I arrive a little early at 4.50 pm to be told it won't be ready until 6.00pm (I live 45min drive from the dealership). Whist sat in the waiting area I could connect my iPhone to the on board camera. It shows that the car didn't move from the spot it was parked in until 4.30pm so they had ample time to call me to alert me to the fact that it would be late in finishing. When the service manager was confronted with this he just shrugged his shoulders and said they'd been busy. He then couldn't explain how the supposed big 3 hour service had been completed in under 90 minutes!!!

2. 3 weeks ago they had the car to rectify a Restricted Performance problem. Never said they would need the car for more than one day, no courtesy calls from them to give an update at the end of the first day when we were expecting it back. All the chasing done by me & finally they tell me they've changed a valve, the CSV valve. Took 3 days before we get it back only to find that the next long journey we go on the Restrcted Performance comes up again. This time I hadn't left the camera connected so I couldn't comment on when they may have started the job

3. This week, as per the opening post

On the subject of courtesy cars
1. They are never of the same standard as the one purchased from them. Not a problem if just for the day but also, when you are not informed that they will have the car for more than the day how are you supposed to plan your movements for the second day onwards. They just assume you are happy to hang around waiting for them
2. The one this week that was delivered hadn't been cleaned for more than a month looking at the amount of ground on dirt & the interior was a complete tip. I felt I needed a shower after being in it!

The RRS will be changed next year but I'm doubtful if it will be replaced by another LR vehicle. If it is it certainly won't be via this dealership

Post #473568 Sat Sep 19 2015 9:21am
DrRob

United Kingdom 

Find a good Indy Whistle Visitor from fullfatrr.com
* GONE. 2012 RR Sport HSE SDV6 Orkney Grey. Now being piloted by RRSTDV8
* Current: 2011 4.4 TDV8 Full Fat. Amazing piece of kit.
* Current. 1974 Lightweight 2.25L petrol. Old skool
* GONE. Freelander GS TD4 Manual MY2013. Orkney Grey with privacy, cold and clearview packs, armrests (a must!) and a spoiler.
* GONE. Range Rover Classic '93 200Tdi Factory fit
* 1949 80" in family since 1975

Post #473569 Sat Sep 19 2015 9:31am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1