RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Radio Problem Switching Modes
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Boaz

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Bonatti Grey
Radio Problem Switching Modes

I've had an intermittent problem with my radio. I generally use the Ipod attached to the AUX input via the Belkin charger/adapter. However, when I want to switch to AM Radio to get a traffic update, it won't play AM. It just shows AM, but no sound comes out. If I then switch to FM and back to AM, that usually solves the problem.

However the other day, none of that worked. No matter how much switching between modes I did, I couldn't get sound to come out of AM,FM or AUX. Only the CD worked. Crying or Very sad So I called and made an appointment to take it in for service. The next morning, it had somehow reset itself and was working again. But the no-AM problem described first above still happened. So I dropped it off yesterday. It's there now and they're saying they can't get it to duplicate the problem (of course). Confused They needed to do the 7,500 mile service as well as some other software "service book" items Question , so it's not a total loss. But this is obviously a little frustrating.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem or seen a post about this? I've searched around this forum and others and haven't seen anything that exactly matches this. Thanks. 2006 Bonatti Grey HSE; Ebony Lux Package; Bluetooth; Sat Radio; Rails & Crossbars; Mudflaps; Nitto TerraG's; Matt. 6:33

Post #63930 Fri Oct 27 2006 9:36pm
ryanoz

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

I've read other threads about strange "infotainment" behaviors. They all were similar in that the system fixed itself after a couple days. The "service book" items is probably in reference to the technical bulletins for diagnosing the infotainment problems, which include a hard reset (disconnecting the battery) and software uploads. 

Post #63934 Fri Oct 27 2006 10:46pm
umbertob

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

Although I never experienced the total failure of every input, many times I have had to do the quick switcheroo when trying to tune to AM (KFWB traffic every 10 minutes, of course Very Happy ) from another source, as maybe 1 time out of 20 there is no sound. I blame Bill Gates of course. Never bothered telling the service dept., as it is so sporadic that I don't expect them to be able to duplicate it. Usually a quick ignition recycle clears this and many other occasional infotainment hiccups, which are fondly referred to as "Legendary Land Rover gremlins". Wink 

Post #63935 Sat Oct 28 2006 4:18am
Boaz

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Bonatti Grey

Just got it back from the dealer this evening. He said that part of the service book item was uploading the latest software patches, some of which were related to problems with the audio system. I asked if he had a detail sheet of what problems were addressed specifically, but he didn't have those details.

So far so good. No repeat of the problem yet. We'll see.

**Off Topic**
BTW, the 2007 full size RR isn't on the showroom floor yet. Should be another month they said. I saw the online flash demo, and basically they've just made it more like the RRS, with terrain response and a better navigation system. The sales manager said that the Sport is selling extremely well, and he's glad to see the changes to the full size, since it should help them sell better too. 2006 Bonatti Grey HSE; Ebony Lux Package; Bluetooth; Sat Radio; Rails & Crossbars; Mudflaps; Nitto TerraG's; Matt. 6:33

Post #63938 Sat Oct 28 2006 5:03am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1