RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > On the verge of ordering no. 2... (now ordered)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

Chrisr1806

England 
On the verge of ordering no. 2... (now ordered)

Well after some consideration I've decided to go ahead with the next RRS, it'll be similar to the current one but in a different colour and a few different options.

Been looking at Aruba and whilst playing with the configurator, I came up with this;

http://rules.config.landrover.com/jdxl/en_...yoff.html#

I'll need to see the colour in person but from the pictures I've seen it looks promising, and once the car arrives I may look into getting the mirrors and grilles painted black to match the roof.

I haven't placed the order yet but am planning to in the next few weeks,

Would appreciate some other views please. Thanks. Thumbs Up Arrived: MY16 A/B SDV6 in Aruba, Ivory interior, piano black trim, black panoramic roof, spare wheel, blind spot monitoring, mudlaps and more... Twisted Evil

Gone but not forgotten:
2014 RRS2 SDV6 HSE in Loire Blue
2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE in Santorini Black

Last edited by Chrisr1806 on Sat Oct 10 2015 6:26pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #473208 Mon Sep 14 2015 9:39pm
rigsby

England 

Looks lovely Chris, it was a close call for me between the Indus and the Aruba Thumbs Up MY16 AUTOBIOGRAPHY Indus silver with some toys

2012 3.0 SDV6 Luxury gone, but a great motor

Post #473210 Mon Sep 14 2015 9:49pm
Fletcher

England 

I think the classic colours like that need the completely standard classic look , that means a body coloured roof , sorry to disappoint .
Not sure of the owner but there are pics of really nice classic looking blue one in the 65 plate thread .
Edit. mattmars.

Post #473216 Mon Sep 14 2015 9:57pm
Chrisr1806

England 

Thanks rigsby, I have been looking at Indus too, yours looks lovely. Thumbs Up

Thanks for your input Fletcher, I understand what you mean regarding the "classic colours". I do too but my current one is Loire and as much as I love it it's time for a change.

I'll keep you all posted. Arrived: MY16 A/B SDV6 in Aruba, Ivory interior, piano black trim, black panoramic roof, spare wheel, blind spot monitoring, mudlaps and more... Twisted Evil

Gone but not forgotten:

Post #473225 Mon Sep 14 2015 10:13pm
Autobiography

Would seriously consider ordering the Meridian sound system. It looks like LR reduced it to 250W on the HSE when, AFAIK, it used to be 380W and sounds terrible. HSE Dynamic will also have a better residual if you can get to that.

Post #473234 Tue Sep 15 2015 7:36am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

The standard ICE on other Range Rovers has also been reduced from the 380 to the 250 system................. standby for another price hike.

Btw for those interested the F-Pace website has been updated and you can now build and order your car on the web. Prices match Evoque's but there is a larger range of engines ranging from a weedy version of the 2.0l Ingenium diesel through to the higher powered V6 S/C petrol. I tried speccing one last night and the price can end up at RRS HSE levels quite quickly
http://www.jaguar.co.uk/jaguar-range/f-pace/index.html 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #473242 Tue Sep 15 2015 8:29am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mikeyross

United Kingdom 

Looks good, Chris ... That colour is excellent in pictures, at least. Your interior choices are pretty much the same as mine, I think the roof and body coloured bits are the right way to go ...

Post #473243 Tue Sep 15 2015 8:33am
Chrisr1806

England 

Interesting about the sound system, will look at upgrading it. The standard HSE one in the current car is fine but I wouldn't want a lower quality one. Another £1000 gone. Rolling Eyes

I've been looking at the HSE D and I cant really warrant an extra £4k for bigger wheels and the dynamic mode. Out of the options I want aren't standard on it anyway. I think HSE with a few options is the way to go for me.

Thanks mikeyross, it loks like an interesting combo. I just need to see Aruba first before making the final decision. Arrived: MY16 A/B SDV6 in Aruba, Ivory interior, piano black trim, black panoramic roof, spare wheel, blind spot monitoring, mudlaps and more... Twisted Evil

Gone but not forgotten:

Post #473253 Tue Sep 15 2015 10:12am
Fletcher

England 

Claw £800 back by changing the roof to body colour and lose the privacy glass . Sorry to go on about it , I guess I'm old school rr .

Post #473261 Tue Sep 15 2015 10:38am

United Kingdom 

[quote="Tim in Scotland"]The standard ICE on other Range Rovers has also been reduced from the 380 to the 250 system................. standby for another price hike.

I have just checked mine on Topix, I have aquired the VIN although the useless dealer has not bothered to tell me it was built last Wednesday. To the point, vehicle summary quotes 'Lo line audio system 400w'.

Did not bother speccing up the audio, have the 850w system in the Evoque and cannot tell the difference over the 380w system in the previous Evoque. Where I live there is no DAB signal and I can only get 3 or 4 FM channels. 2018 MY19 HSE Dynamic, Santorini, Ebony/Ivory, Sliding pano, Adaptive cruise, Black wheels. Arrived 3rd September 2018
2015 MY16 HSE Dynamic, Santorini, ebony/cirrus, sliding pano, cameras, black wheels - Arrived 1 October 2015

Post #473270 Tue Sep 15 2015 12:54pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I have the standard 380w system in my HSE D and as I very very rarely listen to anything other than the radio it is fine for my needs, usually I listen to the spoken voice but when I listen to digitally recorded music it is also fine for me. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #473273 Tue Sep 15 2015 1:21pm
Chrisr1806

England 

Fletcher wrote:
Claw £800 back by changing the roof to body colour and lose the privacy glass . Sorry to go on about it , I guess I'm old school rr .

That's fine, I'm not keen on the "drug dealer" look anyway. Whistle Silver wheels will be staying, can't bare black ones. But I think the roof and privacy will work well and still look classy. Thumbs Up

How do I found out what sound system is in my car? If it's the 250w It's fine for my needs. Arrived: MY16 A/B SDV6 in Aruba, Ivory interior, piano black trim, black panoramic roof, spare wheel, blind spot monitoring, mudlaps and more... Twisted Evil

Gone but not forgotten:

Post #473275 Tue Sep 15 2015 1:47pm

United Kingdom 

I have gone for all black, where I live a 'drugs bust' is catching someone with a packet of paracetamols! Just lucky to live in the sticks.

To find what spec sound system you have just put your VIN into Topix and it will come up with the full build spec. You will need to register for Topix but its free for the basic vehicle info. 2018 MY19 HSE Dynamic, Santorini, Ebony/Ivory, Sliding pano, Adaptive cruise, Black wheels. Arrived 3rd September 2018
2015 MY16 HSE Dynamic, Santorini, ebony/cirrus, sliding pano, cameras, black wheels - Arrived 1 October 2015

Post #473276 Tue Sep 15 2015 2:05pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

@Chrisr1806, looks like a nice spec. I would add:
- Load through rear seats. RRS2 boot feels small so any capacity increase may be useful (unless you have the middle rear seat occupied all the time).
- Reverse traffic detection. Only £100 on top of blind spot monitoring and closing vehicle sensing.
- Extra large additional washer bottle and dual sunvisors are only £80 in total and you aren't compromising anything else by getting these.
- Service plan is a no brainer but you're probably planning on getting it for free.

Edit: Just thinking about your current and future colour choices: I was interested in Loire but wife wasn't keen. She wanted Aruba and although I like it I preferred a darker colour more Smile Also, all 3 of our Sports had light interiors (Almond, Ivory/Brown, Ivory/Ebony). Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #473284 Tue Sep 15 2015 2:58pm
Chrisr1806

England 

I'll have a look into the reverse traffic detection. I assume you have it on your car and recommend it?

Yes I forgot about the larger washer bottle, will add that to the spec as got it on the current car.

Will look into the service plan and see if I can get it for free along with mudflaps. Twisted Evil

Never had a car in silver/gold before, they've all been red, blue and black. I'm looking forward to a change even though I am still very happy with the Loire/Ivory combo. Arrived: MY16 A/B SDV6 in Aruba, Ivory interior, piano black trim, black panoramic roof, spare wheel, blind spot monitoring, mudlaps and more... Twisted Evil

Gone but not forgotten:

Post #473287 Tue Sep 15 2015 3:27pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>