RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Anyone hardwired a dashcam in L494?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 7 <1234567>

Hobster

United Kingdom 

Be great if manufacturers started making these as an oem factory option, like parking sensors etc. MY16 SDV6 AB Dynamic Stealth
Previous: R8 V10, S3, R8 V8, RS6 Saloon, FFRR AB (L322), RS6 Avant, Lancia Integrale Evo 2, Mk2 Golf GTI

Post #473016 Sun Sep 13 2015 5:52pm
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

God no. There are enough YouTube road warriors out there already. 

Post #473022 Sun Sep 13 2015 6:36pm
Farmer Chalk

I've been running a Blackvue 650 twin camera set up for several months now... No real problem setting up...the issue I had was trying to feed the camera co ax through the rear tailgate....

Has anyone done it...it looks solid to me.....

A word of warning ....be careful to anyone trying to prise the rubber boot running the wires from the car to the upper tailgate to try and run your cable through there. The clip securing it to the upper roof in the rain channel is frighteningly brittle and easily breaks...short of taking the entire loom out of the boot lid and replacing it this could be stupidly expensive ...

Thank goodness for g clamps and super strong silicone sealant!

Post #473031 Sun Sep 13 2015 7:49pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Violetpiano wrote:
Folks, I don't want to hijack the subject but does anybody know of anybody in Central London who can supply and fit one of these?

Thanks

If I don't find it easy to install in mine I will supply it to you and have a go at fitting also, provided you don't blame me for any damage Laughing

Seriously, I would also consider a professional install as I don't want to break anything. I have already got the kit though and won't replace it until it dies so just install, no supply for me.

I remember some people got these supplied and installed professionally in their RRS1s. Worth searching the forum for this. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #473051 Sun Sep 13 2015 8:59pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

I'm looking this installed too and have just asked the supplier if he would consider a group buy for device and installation. Will post back soon..

Post #473054 Sun Sep 13 2015 9:07pm
Triumph_Dave

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black
Blackvue installation

Good idea ref group buy, my only concern is I suspect the installers are regional and affiliated to the importer through the UK and what experience of the new RRS do the installers have?.. I suspect if you know the car and know what to remove and where to place the cable runs its straight forward, if not look out.. D4 2012 Santorini Black gone
RRS 2013 Santorini HSE Black gone
MY2016 RRS HSE Dynamic arrived September, but will it stay.. maybe not.

Post #473096 Sun Sep 13 2015 11:30pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

The installer/seller is based in Hertfordshire and I think is willing to cover up to 150 miles from his postcode for installation. The best bit is that when I last spoke to him before going away on my Summer holidays he was about to embark on installing this system in his own L494. Am just awaiting an update from him.

Post #473097 Sun Sep 13 2015 11:33pm
Triumph_Dave

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I think I am the wrong side of 150 miles, but I could always go to Hertfordshire.. Very Happy I would be happier with someone that knows the car..

One of the internet dealers that Google brings up is this company in Kent.. but I have zero experience of them
Baros Technology Ltd.
Vine House
Lenham Heath Road
Maidstone
Kent ME17 2BP

Their net site shows fixed installation prices, but as per my previous comments i think its regional, as they want to know the cars location for fitting.

Out of interest has anyone experience of using the rear camera through the privacy glass?? if so is the recorded picture clear?, just wondered if its worth going for the 2 channel system... D4 2012 Santorini Black gone
RRS 2013 Santorini HSE Black gone
MY2016 RRS HSE Dynamic arrived September, but will it stay.. maybe not.

Post #473098 Mon Sep 14 2015 12:25am
fkarim

United Kingdom 

@RRSman it sounds promising if the installer is familiar with L494 - keep us posted. I already have the kit so he may not be able to help me with fitting only but I may find out what to remove, where to access etc. through you friendly people Wink I already know what type of connections I need. Right now my only problem is routing the cable through the A pillar to the front passenger fuse box or from the top of the windscreen into the overhead console.

Philmw has suggested connections/routing by PM but the A pillar problem is still there.

Alternatively, I may consider upgrading to the 2 channel system, in which case will choose supply and install. I have privacy glass and I think the rear camera lens should be able to see the same clarity that I see in my rear view mirror. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone

Post #473102 Mon Sep 14 2015 8:14am
PauloAmore

Scotland 

Hi

I have the blackvue 550 2 channel system.

The power is supplied via a fuse tap (attached to a circuit on the fuse board).
- it's not always on.

My RRS suffers from tracker low battery warnings despite fitting a smart box to ensure that I don't drain the battery.

Anyway, cable is routed to rear window via the roof headlining I think.

Let me know what you need to know.

P 2022 P440e AB

Post #473103 Mon Sep 14 2015 8:21am
fkarim

United Kingdom 

You have a PM PauloAmore Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top

Post #473104 Mon Sep 14 2015 8:30am
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Group buy update; Don't think this will work. He would consider a group buy but only if we all drove down to a common place where he would spend the day fitting the kit to our cars....I'll pass as rather pay a few £ more to have the convenience of having it fitted at my place of work or home in my own time Smile

Post #473114 Mon Sep 14 2015 10:06am
Dave777

United Kingdom 

Me too please Phil as fitting one is a high priority for me. MY16 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography in Aleutian silver, stealth pack and toys.

Post #473127 Mon Sep 14 2015 11:40am
Violetpiano

United Kingdom 

RRSman,

Please do keep us updated - I go to / through Herts quite frequently so happy to visit the supplier / fitter to get mine done Thumbs Up

Jas Current RRS: MY18 SVR
Previous RRS: MY15 RRS 5.0L Autobiography

Post #473128 Mon Sep 14 2015 11:52am

United Kingdom 

Please share any info on fitting, wire conections, cable routes etc. and of course photos would be much appreciated.

As I live around 600 miles from Herts I will be doing the fitting myself. As an ex engineer and having re-built a couple of MGBs I am OK with the mechanics its just connecting into a modern cars electrical system without totally screwing it up which will be the challenge.

Tony 2018 MY19 HSE Dynamic, Santorini, Ebony/Ivory, Sliding pano, Adaptive cruise, Black wheels. Arrived 3rd September 2018
2015 MY16 HSE Dynamic, Santorini, ebony/cirrus, sliding pano, cameras, black wheels - Arrived 1 October 2015

Last edited by 0310 on Mon Sep 14 2015 1:14pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #473131 Mon Sep 14 2015 12:03pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 7 <1234567>