RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > LR dealers!!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

United Kingdom 
LR dealers!!!

Our RRS is due to go to build next week, have been trying to contact the dealer to check all is on schedule. Usual thing, leave a message and they never get back, totally rubbish customer service when spending that much money.

By coincedance Jaguar have just sent me the latest video on the F Pace, prices and full tech spec will be out on the 14 Sept. If it looks good I may tell LR to stuff the RRS where the sun don't shine, but the problem is I will still have to drive round in a nasty rattley Evoque until next summer.

Tony 2018 MY19 HSE Dynamic, Santorini, Ebony/Ivory, Sliding pano, Adaptive cruise, Black wheels. Arrived 3rd September 2018
2015 MY16 HSE Dynamic, Santorini, ebony/cirrus, sliding pano, cameras, black wheels - Arrived 1 October 2015

Post #471985 Fri Sep 04 2015 3:41pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mikeyross

United Kingdom 

Hi Tony
I'm not sure where you are, but I'm suffering the same thing ...
I send emails, leave messages, repeat them all and still can't get any sense out of them. Perhaps these vehicles just sell themselves, so the customer is unimportant ...
My build date is (as far as I know) Sept 11th. HSE Dynamic, santorini black, pano roof etc. I wouldn't consider telling them to shove it, but I am seriously fed up with the terrible service I'm getting.
Mike

Post #471987 Fri Sep 04 2015 3:57pm
Fletcher

England 

Contact Pete on here in the customer service thread . He can contact the dealer and sort out any issues . Or pop In and ask to speak to the sales manager .

Last edited by Fletcher on Sun Sep 13 2015 9:43am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #471988 Fri Sep 04 2015 4:06pm

United Kingdom 

I may pm Pete, calling in at the dealer is not an option, they are 125 miles away! 2018 MY19 HSE Dynamic, Santorini, Ebony/Ivory, Sliding pano, Adaptive cruise, Black wheels. Arrived 3rd September 2018
2015 MY16 HSE Dynamic, Santorini, ebony/cirrus, sliding pano, cameras, black wheels - Arrived 1 October 2015

Post #471991 Fri Sep 04 2015 4:18pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mikeyross

United Kingdom 

I think they heard me ...
I just got a call back and a decent update on what's happening. The car isn't in build yet, but should be in a few days. It should be with me by the end of the month. It will have been five months from the order being placed, but feels like five years!

Post #471992 Fri Sep 04 2015 4:21pm

United Kingdom 

mikeyross wrote:
Hi Tony
I'm not sure where you are, but I'm suffering the same thing ...
I send emails, leave messages, repeat them all and still can't get any sense out of them. Perhaps these vehicles just sell themselves, so the customer is unimportant ...
My build date is (as far as I know) Sept 11th. HSE Dynamic, santorini black, pano roof etc. I wouldn't consider telling them to shove it, but I am seriously fed up with the terrible service I'm getting.
Mike

Hi Mike, opposite end of the world to you!

I have had LR's for 15 years now but after the current very bad experience with an Evoque any brand loyalty has been used up. Before we ordered the RRS we borrowed the HSE demo car for a week and took it home to try on our roads - we are in the wilds 125 miles from our nearest dealer. It proved to be really smooth, enough power and the ecconomy not far off the Evoques but it seemed a bit rolly-polly in the corners, so we streached the pension and went for the Dynamic. However, at what its costing I will be on a short fuse with bad service or any faults.

Tony 2018 MY19 HSE Dynamic, Santorini, Ebony/Ivory, Sliding pano, Adaptive cruise, Black wheels. Arrived 3rd September 2018

Post #471993 Fri Sep 04 2015 4:27pm
mikeyross

United Kingdom 

Well, let's hope that neither of us have any of the bad stuff and both vehicles arrive by the end of the month! You can look forward to that long drive home when you pick it up ...

Post #471998 Fri Sep 04 2015 4:50pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I know where Tony has to go to buy his cars, and yes it is a long way from his house but this is the same for many living in the more far flung parts of the UK. The local dealerships in these places have a shocking attitude to their customers and forget that we have the choice to a) go to another dealership at the other end of the country or b) buy a different marque. I used to buy my Land Rovers from my local dealership (ie the closest as I have the choice of 5 others within 2 hours drive and a further 3 within 3 hoirs drive). Since a salesman told me that I wouldn't really want the white TDv8 HSE that I was about to order I have never bought another Land Rover from them. I suggested that they get one in a see what happened they did and they sold lots of them! I now buy my cars in the London area and have always been treated just how a customer should be by both the dealers I have used. Customer has been No1 and I have always been kept right up to date with progress of my order. Even when paying full list price for a car I have felt the customer service level to be well worth the cost of the tankful of diesel and the day's drive it takes to get to the dealerships from here. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #472000 Fri Sep 04 2015 5:00pm

United Kingdom 

Tim, Buying a car in London was a bad experience for me. As you know, in April we set off to London to collect a very nice lightly used F Type, instead of getting to London I ended up in hospital, by the time they had told me I would live!! the F Type had been sold to someone else. 2018 MY19 HSE Dynamic, Santorini, Ebony/Ivory, Sliding pano, Adaptive cruise, Black wheels. Arrived 3rd September 2018

Post #472001 Fri Sep 04 2015 5:06pm
Tim in Scotland

I wouldn't say that your illness was the fault of the dealer but I'm a little surprised that they sold the car on without advising or asking you first. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #472004 Fri Sep 04 2015 5:12pm

United Kingdom 

Tim, was not the dealers fault, wife had told them we could not conclude the sale that weekend as she did not know if I was going to be OK. Dealer did return our deposit without issue to be fair to them.

Unfortunately we can't find another F Type to that price or spec and the Evoques value has dropped like a stone since April. The maths in April allowed us to buy the F Type and have enough left over for an ex-demo Audi A3 quattro or similar for the shopping and when it snows. There are now a few low miles ex-demo AWD F Types for sale but at a price we could not afford the second car. Not sure how, if at all the Jag AWD system would cope with bad road conditions. Still there is always the Lottery! 2018 MY19 HSE Dynamic, Santorini, Ebony/Ivory, Sliding pano, Adaptive cruise, Black wheels. Arrived 3rd September 2018

Post #472008 Fri Sep 04 2015 5:44pm
Tim in Scotland

The wet road / snowy weather question was one reason why I didn't go down the AWD F Type route as no dealer could say how good (or otherwise) it might be, I have the Defender to do the really tough stuff but it's not a substitute for the long distance cruiser that either the F Type, Evoque or RRS are, although I'm pretty sure that a drive to London in the F Type wouldn't be quite as comfortable as in the Evoque and RRS and would possibly require a set of ear plugs to elimate earache from the booming exhaust, but it would certainly be a blast on my usual 16 mile run into Stirling! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #472016 Fri Sep 04 2015 6:11pm

United Kingdom 

I talked to one sales guy who had been down to Gaydon to drive AWD, it was on a damp track and claimed it was exceptional compared with the rear drive version - but what do salesmen know. I think it would still need a set of winter tyres to be driveable in bad conditions.

We had an F out for a day and no problems with the noisy exhaust, music after the road noise, clatter and rattles of the Evoque and the ride was better than the Evoque. But, for long distance driving the RRS is in a class way above. 2018 MY19 HSE Dynamic, Santorini, Ebony/Ivory, Sliding pano, Adaptive cruise, Black wheels. Arrived 3rd September 2018

Post #472020 Fri Sep 04 2015 6:25pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1