RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Suspension Pump
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Richchad

United Kingdom 
Suspension Pump

Since changing a rear wheel on my Sport the suspension pump seems to run for a while everytime I start and when I lower and raise the car.

I never used to hear the pump before...

Any ideas? Arrived - RRSport 2016 HSE SDV6 HSE
Loire Blue/Ivory leather Privacy Glass

Gone - RRSPORT 2010 TDV6 HSE
Stornaway/Ebony Premium leather with Lunar stitching, Heated Steering Wheel and Privacy Glass.

Gone - RRSPORT TDV6 HSE
Buckingham Blue/Ivory, Privacy Glass, Tasmods Sills, Supercharged Black Badges all round, Grille & Vents, plus RRSport Sticker & Brolly of course.

Post #473867 Tue Sep 22 2015 12:01pm
garrycol

Australia 

The air compressor is supposed to run as you describe.

Was it the wheel changed the rear passenger - if so I fear you may have placed the jack under the air compressor rather than the correct position under the chassis. If so you have damaged the air compressor mount.

Garry 07MY RRS TDV6
Arctic Frost
Aspen Interior

Post #473876 Tue Sep 22 2015 1:32pm
Richchad

United Kingdom 

Thanks garrycol, it was indeed the rear passenger wheel, I thought I had put the jack in the correct place as it had a small hole in which to locate the jack, although it did make a clonk noise and I gave up with the jack.

I managed to inflate the tyre as it sems like a slow puncture but as quite worn I am having both rear tyres replaced this afternoon.

Looks like I might need to take it into my dealer to get it checked out, hope it isn't too expensive to fix if it is damaged... Mad Arrived - RRSport 2016 HSE SDV6 HSE

Stornaway/Ebony Premium leather with Lunar stitching, Heated Steering Wheel and Privacy Glass.

Gone - RRSPORT TDV6 HSE
Buckingham Blue/Ivory, Privacy Glass, Tasmods Sills, Supercharged Black Badges all round, Grille & Vents, plus RRSport Sticker & Brolly of course.

Post #473877 Tue Sep 22 2015 1:46pm
Lost for Words

United Kingdom 

Were you using the OE jack? If so, DON'T if you value your limbs... Thumbs Up Visiting from DISCO3.CO.UK
2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Auto HSE Zambezi Silver

Post #473878 Tue Sep 22 2015 1:50pm
garrycol

Australia 

Richchad wrote:
Thanks garrycol, it was indeed the rear passenger wheel, I thought I had put the jack in the correct place as it had a small hole in which to locate the jack, although it did make a clonk noise and I gave up with the jack.

How did I know? A couple of years back I did exactly the same thing - had a flat rear passenger tyre and in my rush put the jack under the air compressor - yes there is a hole like the one in the chassis. The compressor was ok but the mount got shattered and had to be replaced.

Like you, I could never hear the air compressor run but after the jacking incident it was audible - even with a new bracket I still hear it running.

garry 07MY RRS TDV6
Arctic Frost
Aspen Interior

Post #473885 Tue Sep 22 2015 2:27pm
Richchad

United Kingdom 

It seems like a poor design not making it clear where the Jacking point is, especially as it very difficult to see under the car anyway.

I have arranged to take the car in tomorrow, guy said they need to check if just bracket or damage to compressor as well.

All sounds rather expensive and not covered by my warranty... Mad Arrived - RRSport 2016 HSE SDV6 HSE

Gone - RRSPORT TDV6 HSE

Post #473888 Tue Sep 22 2015 3:01pm
Richchad

United Kingdom 

Garage checked it out this morning, looks like no damage to compressor but needs new case and bracket.
£335... to supply and fit.. Expensive mistake to make.. Mad Arrived - RRSport 2016 HSE SDV6 HSE

Gone - RRSPORT TDV6 HSE

Post #473967 Wed Sep 23 2015 11:50am
garrycol

Australia 

Case should be alright - might just need a clean out. new bracket is cheap and if you know what your doing installation not such an issue - however if you haven't done it before the out of the way position of the mounting bolts can be a bit taxing.

Not sure of pricing over there but seems a bit expensive to me - an Independent or a Stealer? 07MY RRS TDV6
Arctic Frost
Aspen Interior

Post #473974 Wed Sep 23 2015 12:36pm
Richchad

United Kingdom 

Yes I thought it was a bit expensive and yes it is at my dealer.

I have no way of knowing if the case is okay without looking and then would not be sure.

I did think about doing it myself, I would have done a few years ago but don't fancy scrabbling about under the car at nearly 70.

I also thought about an independant but don't know any locally that I feel I could trust so guess I will just have to bite the bullet and pay up. Crying or Very sad Arrived - RRSport 2016 HSE SDV6 HSE

Gone - RRSPORT TDV6 HSE

Post #473987 Wed Sep 23 2015 1:52pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1