RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > ACC Forward Alert - what causes the failure ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

TDV8_AutoB

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Alaska White
ACC Forward Alert - what causes the failure ?

Hi,

After a bit of wisdom from the masses with experience please.......

Bottom line question is "What causes the ACC / Forward Alert to report that it's blocked ?" Is it x% of failed returned pulses, or something else ??

Some days I can drive for hundreds of miles with no problems, other days it shuts down within minutes, but will allow to be re-selected many minutes later, only to fail minutes later again.

I've had the car dirty, in heavy rain working fine for hours - and also failing quickly on clear days with a clean car. It's failed on the same stretch of road with the same traffic conditions and worked fine the next day on the same road road with same traffic conditions. Every time it fails an engine restart will turn it back on again immediately.

There doesn't seem to be any common reason.

I've not had the bumper off yet to inspect the radar unit, may do this.

Does anyone know of the re-callibration process needed ????

Thanks in advance

David

Post #471184 Thu Aug 27 2015 12:17pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

My experience with it on a 2007 RRS TDV8 was that it would shut down on slushy/ snowy days which was a pain as there was no way to have conventional cruise when the adaptive stopped on a long motorway haul. As it isn't the snow season yet the only thing I could think of that might cause it to give the blocked message might be getting a lot of squashed flies on the sensor. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #471191 Thu Aug 27 2015 2:57pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
TDV8_AutoB

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Alaska White

Thanks Tim - that's the thing, it'll fail when the car is clean AND work when it's clean - it'll fail when it's dirty AND work when it's dirty. It'll work when it's raining and fail when it's raining. It'll work following a tractor at 25mph and fail following a tractor the next day.

When it fails, I can wait sometimes seconds to turn it back on (through the menu) other times it can be 10-20 minutes before it's allowed to be turned back on.

Can't seem to work out anything common - so starting to think it's calibration - someone once said there's a calibration routine for it that takes a while but can't seem to find detail.

Post #471194 Thu Aug 27 2015 3:32pm
shakeapaw

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

mine did exactly the same, until the gearbox blew Censored
rebuilt gearbox over 18 months ago, and not had the issue since, the autobox man said one of the speed sensors is taken from the gearbox and if that gives a false reading it shuts the system down 07,TDV8,Black, Black Heated leather all round, Rear Entertainment with Headpones & Remote, TV, DVD, Pure Dab Digital Radio, Sidesteps, Adaptive Headlights, sunroof, now working fuel burning heater Smile)))

Post #471755 Wed Sep 02 2015 6:10pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1