Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > SatNav/Entertainment screen
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

rangeroverhead

United Kingdom 
SatNav/Entertainment screen

Hi.

Just wondering what the satnav/ TV screen is like on the new Range Rover sport as I've heard it's really slow?

Post #469726 Thu Aug 06 2015 8:53pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

It's not the best out there BUT would that seriously stop you from buying what is the best 4x4 out there today? Smile

Post #469760 Fri Aug 07 2015 8:56am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I really don't understand what the issue is with "slow" infotainment screens, I've owned 9 previous Land Rover products with them and they are well up to the job. Surely if you want a BMW system or an Audi system then you buy an Audi or a BMW?
The fact that it takes 2 microseconds longer to perform a calculation or select a new channel than it does in an Audi or BMW is worthless compared to what the rest of the car offers. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Fri Aug 07 2015 6:46pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #469770 Fri Aug 07 2015 12:39pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Renaco

Germany 

same as Tim for me.

We own and drive a lot of other products, I am absolutely fine with the LR System in dayliy use. Quick and simple. Invest 1 hour to test and then just drive.

Infotainment is important, but not as important as the press and the marketing suggesting us. Dont forget, you got a Smartphone, Tablets and others to play Online.

For me it is key to get a car with all essntial driving functions working as it suits me and a simple and good navigation. This I get in the LR products.

Post #469782 Fri Aug 07 2015 2:39pm
aks

United Kingdom 

My older BMWs had slower systems than my current F10. It can be a little frustrating, a bit like using an old computer, but how often do you really need to fiddle with infotainment? I too was concerned, mainly about the functionality rather than speed, but consider the overall experience of a car first.

On BMW I like:
* google maps integration for example, it's easy to send addresses to the car from a computer
* USB connectivity for music - I think RRS has this too, but I haven't confirmed
* copy music in to the cars HDD, RRS has a limit of 10 CD, whereas I must have 30 or more on my BMW and still have lots of space to add more (space being the limiting factor)
* short cut buttons on the dash are very helpful
* address book integration with my smartphone (iPhone) - I think RRS has this too
* app integration to locate the car, remote lock/check, etc
* physical buttons around iDrive selector wheel - I use them all the time for changing sources
* voice control for phone book, works well most of the time

Less relevant or useless
* online assistant, like directory enquiries, I've used it once or twice in 5 years
* web browser, use when stationary - pointless with today's smartphones

The RRS InControl/Secure looks to me to be a good step forwards.

Bottom line, RRS has most if not all of the key requirements, so I don't rate the system as a blocker (even if I might moan a bit if I get one). Tony

Post #469851 Sat Aug 08 2015 11:04am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1