RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Anyone got cooled seats?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

mikef

United Kingdom 
Anyone got cooled seats?

During the recent warm spell, I've had a chance to use the cooling option on my seats and I have to say that I'm far from impressed. I've had cooled seats on a number of different cars including a L332 FFRR and those on my L494 are the least effective by a long way. I can barely feel any cooling effect at all particularly through the backrest even when set at max output and yes I have got the seats set up for cooling through both the seat base and the backrest

Before I take the car back to my stealer, I was wondering if anyone else had any opinions on the cooled seats in the L494?

Post #467262 Sat Jul 11 2015 10:52pm
Nowaytk

England 

Sounds like the same as mine, I did mention to my dealer that they weren't working as I thought they should, especially the backrest, only to be told that they compared it to another, found it the same, so conclude that it's working how it should Rolling Eyes . 2015 HSE SDV6 Scotia Grey, ebony / lunar, colour coded, deployable steps, TV, sliding pano and a few other bits. Now gone
2018 Velar R-Dynamic HSE sdv6 silicon silver

Post #467264 Sun Jul 12 2015 4:06am
Farmer Chalk

I've got them and think they're brilliant....especially on that last Heatwave Wednesday....had to drive to Liverpool and back to Kent in the same day.... They were just the right temperature....mine is a 15MY but they take 5 minutes or so to be fully cooled to feel the full effect....

Post #467265 Sun Jul 12 2015 5:39am
garrycol

Australia 

What a bunch of sooks Laughing Live where it does get really hot and refrigerated seats are still not needed.

An extravagance that is not needed even when the outside temp is sitting on 45c. Just turn the A/c up. 07MY RRS TDV6
Arctic Frost
Aspen Interior

Post #467266 Sun Jul 12 2015 5:50am
harrygh60

England 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

Agree Garrycol Turn the temperature down on climate control. Real cool thing too do when outside temp really hot itisme

Post #467278 Sun Jul 12 2015 8:27am
mikef

United Kingdom 

Nowaytk wrote:
Sounds like the same as mine, I did mention to my dealer that they weren't working as I thought they should, especially the backrest, only to be told that they compared it to another, found it the same, so conclude that it's working how it should Rolling Eyes .

Thats what I feared

"They all do that, sir"

Post #467303 Sun Jul 12 2015 12:05pm
darrenmcneill

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Tonga Green

I keep my heated seats on low all year round, even through the heatwave! Helps with an aching back.

I just have the air con on chilled, car is like a fridge. Thumbs Up 2006 HSE for Sale - £7,499 (Manchester)
http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic46383.html

Post #467334 Sun Jul 12 2015 6:44pm
robbo770

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

I had them and got them on the FFRR loner, work well, but takes about 5 to get in to full chill mod!

If you can not feel a cold back yours are U/S None currently

Gone
rejected RRS autobi Dynamic MY14.5 (Peter Vardy 👎)
D3 XXV full conversion
4.2 SC FFRR
4.4 FFRR
Freelander 1

Post #467337 Sun Jul 12 2015 6:56pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Stuart

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
Re: Anyone got cooled seats?

mikef wrote:
During the recent warm spell, I've had a chance to use the cooling option on my seats and I have to say that I'm far from impressed. I've had cooled seats on a number of different cars including a L332 FFRR and those on my L494 are the least effective by a long way. I can barely feel any cooling effect at all particularly through the backrest even when set at max output and yes I have got the seats set up for cooling through both the seat base and the backrest

Before I take the car back to my stealer, I was wondering if anyone else had any opinions on the cooled seats in the L494?

#FirstWorldProblems Get a 2005-2009 RRS (FAH500210) sat nav/dash mat here - the one that wasn't there when you bought the car.

Spiffing wheel centre caps available

Post #467367 Sun Jul 12 2015 11:53pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1