Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > ARC Valve Block
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

JSR2014

England 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black
ARC Valve Block

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know what the ARC valve block does? Got the car back with the following report, also, weirdly I can't find this technical bulletin on TOPIX?

So here is the text from the technicians report (it has made the noise a few times over the weekend but its certainly improved).

Quote:
Noise from rear - road tested, heard squeak from n/s of vehicle. Firstly, cleaned & lubricated front drive shaft gaitors, tested & noise was still present. Carried out further investigation & found noise to be coming from ARC valve block. Carried out replacement of valve block & dynamic response fluid reservoir as reccomended under technical bulletin LTB00625v5
 2014.5 Mariana Black 5.0 Supercharged V8 Autobiography

Post #466675 Mon Jul 06 2015 8:49am
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

I believe there is a valve that controls the flow of hydraulic fluid between the left and right front roll bars to counteract the rolling when cornering. This valve can stick (happened in my last Sport) and when does the active roll control stops working, giving rise to a warning message on the dash. You certainly notice the difference in handling too. 

Post #466680 Mon Jul 06 2015 9:08am
JSR2014

Thank you.

Very odd. I had no light on the dash, the only difference in the handling is that its got slightly worse.....and the steering has become heavier as well.

The noise seemed to be coming from the rear of the car, however from all the googling and TOPIX searching (I have now found the bulletin by searching using the reference) it seems to be a fix for "knocking at the front suspension" which is not the issue.

I have also noticed increased induction noise and a reduction in power.... any ideas?

Sad 2014.5 Mariana Black 5.0 Supercharged V8 Autobiography

Post #466681 Mon Jul 06 2015 9:13am
JSR2014

Also,

What is interesting is my fuel economy has dropped significantly.....the attached graph will give you an indication.

Now, some of that is because the previous tanks had motorway miles in them, this one had 150 miles of motorway so it does seem a little bit odd, I mean I bought the supercharged so I'm not worried about low MPG, but a drop like that is rather significant IMHO as I'd expect it to be consistent (give or take 10%).

Post #466694 Mon Jul 06 2015 10:28am
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

Haven't noticed this recently (although not had the car much recently) but I know on my old Sport's the engine made a different sound, almost as if there was a fan running, when started from cold. I wodner whether there is an air-feed into the exhaust on start-up to reduce emissions, and this has stuck open?

ETA: http://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery...air-11849/

Although this playing up would throw a light. 

Last edited by philmw on Mon Jul 06 2015 10:47am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #466695 Mon Jul 06 2015 10:40am
JSR2014

I was thinking of giving it one more tank to see if the consumption will settle back to where it needs to be, and then if not it sounds like its back to the dealers.

One assumption I am making is that they reset the ECU (trip computers etc were cleared and the clock was 4 minutes slow when I got it back) so maybe its still "learning" or something?

Would be suprised if this affected the power though, its going to be nigh on impossible to prove as its mid range as well as acceleration....it might just be my bum dyno was expecting more from it after the Auris loan car Wink 2014.5 Mariana Black 5.0 Supercharged V8 Autobiography

Post #466697 Mon Jul 06 2015 10:45am
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

I'm interested that you only put 75 litres or so in at a time. Is this because you stop for fuel as soon as the fuel level low warning comes on? The tank capacity is 105 litres but even if I let it run until the range is close to zero, I've never managed to put more than 90 litres in at a time which suggests the fuel gauge is very pessimistic. Interesting that fuel is so expensive in your part of the world too or maybe you use motorway service areas!

Does sound like there is something wrong though with the mixture being over-rich which in turn suggests a sensor or ECU learning problem as you say. Difficult to see how you can only get 16 mpg when half the tank full was on a motorway. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #466770 Tue Jul 07 2015 4:14am
JSR2014

Hi Mark,

I generally refill when the range drops below 10 miles, agreed that the needle is pessimistic, funnily enough I was looking at the tank capacity last night as I thought that this was low.

I was wondering if some of the capacity was being used by the baffles they've had to introduce to stop the tank slapping noise?

Will keep you updated. 2014.5 Mariana Black 5.0 Supercharged V8 Autobiography

Post #466822 Tue Jul 07 2015 2:23pm
JSR2014

Looks like it was a learning issue, economy seems to have gone back to normal!

Post #467109 Fri Jul 10 2015 9:11am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1