RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Vibration
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Stecla

England 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey
Vibration

Hi guys - a few weeks ago my rear prop shaft went so it was replaced. Also, had the arb bushes done.taken the car on drive across motorway today, and it's very crashy, almost like it has no suspension. Getting a lot of vibration through the wheel,and it's giving me a headache driving it. It seems to have turned into a bone shaker.

Any ideas at all. Could it be linked to when the propshaft went and it vibrated largely through the car?

Cheers, Steve 2010 TDV8

Post #497199 Sat May 28 2016 11:57am
Stecla

Sorry, I forgot to add. Has quite significant judder when braking at speed. 2010 TDV8

Post #497203 Sat May 28 2016 12:18pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Check the wheel nuts are tight. I had a similar vibration recently - very severe shudder through the car - and it turned out to be a wheel with loose nuts. No idea how they get loose though. If yours has recently had work done then they might need tightening. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #497224 Sat May 28 2016 8:45pm
Stecla

Thanks. I will check them this morning. I had a mechanic take it out. He said it feels vague and wollowy, and crashes through every bump (which has at least confirmed its not just in my head). It's like there is nothing suppressing the bumps in the road and it certainly isn't driving as one of these should. I'll take it back into Rovertune next week. At this rate, I'll be getting shares in the place, and being honest I'm tempted to cut my losses and get rid of the car. In 25 years my cars have never been in a garage apart from servicing. I've had this 11 months and it's been in 4 times! 2010 TDV8

Post #497256 Sun May 29 2016 8:02am
Stecla

As an update to this, I had the car back at rovertune and they kept it a day or two. Couldn't find anything wrong but balanced the rears again and said everything ok.

I have then taken to Newbury 4*4 who took it out on a drive and said seems ok. He reckons that since the arc unit has been replaced it may be driving a bit firmer (male of that what you will).

Anyway, I bought a new set of alloys yesterday (some red edition ones). The car vibrates through the wheel much less now, and the guys showed me my old wheels that were bent.

The ride still seems to crash on certain surfaces though. I'm starting to think it's in my head, and that maybe it was like this all the time but I don't think it was. I know our roads are terrible but the car will glide over one bump and then crash though the next. Is nearly always worse at low speed, as on motorway it becomes better. The car is struggling a bit to raise the suspension (no issues lowering), and outside the car at idle this morning I could hear air 'pfft' every 30 seconds or so.

I really don't remember it being like this prior to the ,mechanical work from last couple of months. Anyone else got similar or any thoughts on cause? 2010 TDV8

Post #498532 Sun Jun 12 2016 6:25pm
Stecla

To correct, the air 'pfft' comes from driver rear wheel area and happens every 10 seconds. Failing compressor, or is that normal? Would that have any impact on the ride quality issues I've had at all?

Thanks,
Steve 2010 TDV8

Post #498535 Sun Jun 12 2016 7:25pm
Stecla

Anyone got any thoughts at all?

Had it in at newbury 4*4 for the front brakes to be done. He heard the air and reckons it may be the ace pump pulsing. Could there be an issue if the system wasn't bled properly when my rear arc unit was replaced?

Would that in turn cause the ride to go harsh? 2010 TDV8

Post #499051 Mon Jun 20 2016 7:08am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1