RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Did your dealer throw in any freebies when car bought new?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Bobajobbob

United Kingdom 
Did your dealer throw in any freebies when car bought new?

Hi I just wondered what level of freebies I can push for with the dealer I am currently talking to. Given that I am looking at dropping over £70k on a car I would expect a fair few accessories or servicing to be thrown in for free. So far the offers have been less than forthcoming and I wondered if this is normal or whether I should speak to other dealers?

Not that I really care about a few quid here or there but I have to say the whole dealer experience so far with Land Rover has been pretty disappointing given the money I am throwing their way. I certainly expected a little more butt kissing and effort to please me.

Is this normal?

Post #465175 Sat Jun 20 2015 7:32am
SkyWalker

Netherlands 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Freebee“s? They don“t make a difference.

More important is to get a decent discount.

Two months ago, I bought my wife the new 2015 Volvo XC60.

After 2 weeks of negotiating, I bought the car with an 21 % discount.

And it was not a stock car, just completely configured and later produced according my requirements.

Further more, he trowed in for some 250 euros accessories.

Thumbs Up SW

Sometimes it is not enough to do our best;
sometimes we must do what is required.

Adriatic Blue 2005 RRS HSE 2.7 TDV6
Now: 2016 RRS HSE DYNAMIC 3.0 TDV6

Post #465176 Sat Jun 20 2015 7:56am
Bobajobbob

United Kingdom 

Thanks the lot for this. Much appreciated. Does anyone have similar experience with a RRS or other Land Rover vehicle?

Post #465177 Sat Jun 20 2015 7:58am
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Laughing sorry if this sounds rude or arrogant but a discount on a Volvo XC60 has no relevance to a discount on a RRS which has lead times of around 6 months and where dealers have more customers than cars they can sell!

To get back on topic no one on these forums has negotiated a discount on a RRS - the max people have had is to have things like accessories, service pack and autoglym lifeshine etc thrown in for free but as for a discount on the car no bloody way!

Post #465186 Sat Jun 20 2015 8:53am
Hobster

United Kingdom 

I had 3 differernt dealers experiences:

1 said nothing, no discount, no freebies. Simply said "we don't need to. You either want the car or not."

The next, played with the finance rate a bit and offered the 5 yr service pack thrown in.

The last couldnt add anything in but did the best rate on finance resulting in lower monthlys.

The other variable was when they can get you into a car! Some have 7 month waits, some are nearer 3.

It's all a balance of priorities and finding a dealer and a deal you are happy with. Don't get hung up on what others are getting or you are missing out on. Be happy and enjoy your car. MY16 SDV6 AB Dynamic Stealth
Previous: R8 V10, S3, R8 V8, RS6 Saloon, FFRR AB (L322), RS6 Avant, Lancia Integrale Evo 2, Mk2 Golf GTI

Last edited by Hobster on Sat Jun 20 2015 11:54am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #465187 Sat Jun 20 2015 9:07am
Fletcher

England 

No discounts but they will throw in extras for free. The bit that makes me laugh is when the dealers ring you back , you try and let them down gently telling them you had a better deal from another dealer and they say " oh we probably could have matched that deal if you had given us the chance "
I gave you the chance when I walked into the dealership .
Go with the dealer you like the best , the one you trust and the one that you think will be most helpful if you have a problem , the rest is only numbers .

Post #465191 Sat Jun 20 2015 9:38am
SkyWalker

Netherlands 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Ok, to be more specifically on RRS topic:

In 2012 (last time I considered a new RRS), after picking up my RRS from a yearly check, the sales rep offered me to trade in my RRS.
They had 5 new RRS in stock, each loaded with good options, official price around 76.000 euro and he made me a really good offer.

Two days later, he called me at home, offering the car for even less: 59.000 euro.

Sorry, did I mention, this was in Barcelona?
Here with the crises and all, car sales are still very slow!
Standard discount thumb of rule is 15%. I you are a go-getter, more than 20% is not difficult.
Perhaps it is an idea to buy you RRS in Spain, during you holidays and pick it up during your next and drive it home.
With all the custom taxes, it could still be very interesting.

Thumbs Up SW

Sometimes it is not enough to do our best;
sometimes we must do what is required.

Adriatic Blue 2005 RRS HSE 2.7 TDV6
Now: 2016 RRS HSE DYNAMIC 3.0 TDV6

Post #465207 Sat Jun 20 2015 12:10pm
mikef

United Kingdom 

My stealer was very polite but refused to give me a single penny off my new RRS or any extras. They can sell every new RRS they can get at full list. To be fair they were fairly generous on their p/x value for my previous L322 FFRR

Post #465210 Sat Jun 20 2015 12:31pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Not a rrs but just done deal on DS so just to compare Thumbs Up

Dealers offered less for my mint MY13 rrs than wbac and no discount off new MY16 DS. Worst dealer offer was £32k and best £36k Evil or Very Mad

Took £36500 from Internet buyer and wbac now offering £36850 today but already gone Crying or Very sad

When I tried with no px they offered mats and mudflaps but no discount Rolling Eyes

In the end I ordered from ukcarbroker with £1600 discount and it's being supplied from a LR Dealer. Broadspeed offered £1200 discount Shocked

Dealers cited waiting lists etc but I'm expecting delivery 1st week of September and that's launch date Cool Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Last edited by muddywheels on Fri Jun 26 2015 10:44am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #465215 Sat Jun 20 2015 12:53pm
GJW1

United Kingdom 

I was offered no discount on a 85k car not even a discount on the dealer fitting charge of the deployable side step even with no px

The only thing I could get was the 5 year service plan if I took finance on the whole car or as little as a 10k balance but I rejected that as don't want to get into the finance game the quote was 6.9%

5 month wait from order to delivery roughly at my dealer.

Post #465217 Sat Jun 20 2015 2:53pm
Bobajobbob

United Kingdom 

Thanks for all the replies. It gives a little perspective and I'll frame my negotiation appropriately. I've always been a firm believer in "if you don't ask then you don't get" and I'm definitely not too proud to haggle but its always good to know what is and isn't possible.

Post #465223 Sat Jun 20 2015 4:00pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

2 points: if people just walked out of the showroom and went to BMW or Audi then LR dealers would be offering lots of incentive deals.
I would be interested to hear the views of those of you who are in sales and manufacturering/exports how you feel about customers coming to buy your products and won't buy without a discount. It's all supply and demand and at the moment there is huge demand ( until Land Rover's old black dog of breaking down cars and poor quality assembly returns) and a small supply. Do you like selling your products at a marked down price? 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #465232 Sat Jun 20 2015 6:56pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
chemistry guy

Belgium 

I got a very fast delivery of less then 3 months, no discount Rolling Eyes MY2015 RRS SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Corris Grey, Santorini Black Roof, Ebony/Pimento interior, 22 inch Hawke Chayton

Post #465295 Sun Jun 21 2015 4:13pm
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

Paid full price (+SVO extra) for the SVR, and was happy to do so. Indeed ordered before prices were mentioned and didn't know whether it was going to be 100k or 200k.

Dealer gave me a box set of CDs, a USB stick containing photographs they had taken, and Land Rover tyre valve covers. And scratches/swirl marks on every panel, which they now won't fix after having the car for over two weeks in fear of making them worse.

Still, some **** keyed the car along its length whilst rightly parked in a disabled space yesterday, so it's not only the dealership who are against me. 

Post #465303 Sun Jun 21 2015 5:37pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

That's shocking Shocked Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #465305 Sun Jun 21 2015 5:46pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>