RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > Carpathian Grey
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 8 12345678>

Mr Singh

Carpathian Grey

I have a deposit down for a MY16 RRS HSE Dynamic in Santorini Black with a Stealth Pack.

Went to a Stealer a couple of days ago and saw a Causeway Grey with Stealth Pack and it looked amazing!

As you all probably know, Causeway Grey has been delisted for MY16 and replaced with Carpathian Grey. Has anyone seen Carpathian Grey in the flesh? Or do any of you know how it will compare to the outgoing Causeway Grey?

I think the Stealth Pack gets a bit lost on Santorini, but would rather be safe and order that unless anyone can confirm how dark the new Carpathian Grey is.

I'd rather wait for MY16 than find a MY15.5

Also has the Ebony/Pimento as shown in the paper catalogue been delisted too, as I can only see full red seats on the configurator. Thanks.

Post #465038 Thu Jun 18 2015 8:44pm
Fletcher

England 

I think it's the same colour , just renamed . The old colour looked brown/green on the web site , now it looks dark grey . Just a renaming / rebranding exercise from land rover . I might be wrong though .

Post #465051 Thu Jun 18 2015 9:54pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

I ordered Carpathian Grey. Been trying to see it in flesh too. 2-3 weeks ago I phoned the dealer to ask if they had a sample of Carpathian Grey in the showroom. Receptionist asked around and confirmed they had it (not a car but just a colour sample). Went in the following weekend only to be told "No sir it is a new colour and we haven't received it yet" Censored

Don't know how it compares to Causeway but from pictures Carpathian looks like a very dark grey - certainly darker than Corris. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #465053 Thu Jun 18 2015 10:06pm
Mr Singh

Thanks for the replies. I had a look at the Carpathian Grey sample and to me it looked slightly lighter than the Causeway Grey sample.

But when I put the Causeway Grey sample next to a RRS in causeway Grey that didn't match either. Such a shame no one in a Land Rover showroom can confirm what it will be like.

Did you go for Stealth Pack too @fkarim ?

Post #465058 Thu Jun 18 2015 10:59pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Nope. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone

Post #465060 Thu Jun 18 2015 11:18pm
adonisp

Cyprus 

I was thinking to order RRS A/B Dynamic in Carpathian but I ordered in Santorini Black because I am not brave enough to order a color without see it in real or just a photo. However I have the option to change color before the end of the month which is the deadline.

Before 1 month I sent an email to the manufacturer of LR asking to send me a real photo of the Carpathian grey because it is a new color and I can not find anything in the internet. They informed me that ''Unfortunately, we do not have the facility to send the photographs as requested I can but refer you to the brochures available within the Land Rover retailer network or alternatively via the Land Rover website''

I can not understand how they want us to order something without see it first in real Evil or Very Mad
I saw the causeway gray in real and I like it but Carpathian gray is different color, I compared the samples that they have in the showroom of the dealer.

Post #465092 Fri Jun 19 2015 11:25am
Triumph_Dave

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I have a HSE Dynamic MY16 on order in Carpathian grey. The dealers now have sample colours. Its much darker than Corris grey. Its one of those colours that changes shade in natural or artificial light, so best to take the sample outside to view the real colour, also in some directions it looks grey and in others almost black.. Our old RRS was Santorini Black, which was a great colour, but a nightmare to keep clean and also showed every slight scratch. I am hoping the Carpathian grey will be a little better.

dave

Post #465097 Fri Jun 19 2015 1:41pm
Mr Singh

I don't like the Corris Grey - too light. If Carpathian is as you say and near Black in some lights then might go for that as it allows the Stealth Pack to stand out. Will go and see if I can have a look at the swatch outside.

Shame really that there is no information or better pictures of Carpathian out there. Configurator makes Santorini look Grey!

Post #465113 Fri Jun 19 2015 3:32pm
Fletcher

England 

Just seen the carpaithian grey colour sample at the dealers , showroom lights , in the shade and outside in the sun . It's just slightly lighter than causeway grey not a lot just a bit lighter .

Post #465287 Sun Jun 21 2015 2:57pm
Mr Singh

Thanks Fletcher. Popped into another dealer today and they reckon Land Rover have just renamed the colour and they have been told that it will be more or less exactly the same.

But comparing the swatches definitely does look slightly lighter!

Saw a Havana with Stealth Pack on today and looked pretty good. So think I will risk it and go with the Carpathian Grey as Stealth on Santorini does get lost a bit.

Post #465497 Tue Jun 23 2015 8:33pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Singh saab white le la With Stealth Pack it looks fattey chuk amazing Mr. Green

(Spoke in Punjabi!)

Post #465519 Tue Jun 23 2015 11:55pm
Mr Singh

RRSMan - nah yaar, chitti di gal ni baan di lol.

Think it's gotta be the Carpathian Grey!

Post #465633 Wed Jun 24 2015 10:12pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Thumbs Up

Good luck with it all bro

Post #465636 Wed Jun 24 2015 10:36pm
Mr Singh

Thanks bro! Now undecided about the seats! Trying to decide between black or pimento.

Post #465861 Fri Jun 26 2015 10:36pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Finally got to see Carpathian Grey sample at the dealer and compared to some other colours today.

Carpathian with Corris Grey, Barossa and Mariana Black:

Click image to enlarge

Next to Waitomo Grey:
Click image to enlarge

Against a Corris Grey Discovery Sport:
Click image to enlarge

Compared to my Orkney Grey RRS1 in cloudy conditions:
Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

It is very dark. I put it against a Black RRS2 and there wasn't a huge difference. It is a very nice colour and I like it but I am having second thoughts because:
1. I ordered Santorini black roof with sliding pano. There isn't much of a "contrast" between Carpathian and Santorini.
2. It may be very high maintenance. I am not into car cleaning and take mine to a car wash (that uses snow foam, 2 bucket method etc. so very time consuming) every few weeks. I don't have time to do that every weekend.

I am now considering 2 options:
1. Change to Corris Grey (my original choice before Carpathian was added). Compromise on colour but solves both "problems".
2. Stay with Carpathian but get a light contrast roof or even body coloured roof. I get my preferred colour but cleaning/maintenance still an issue. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top

Post #466601 Sun Jul 05 2015 5:28pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 8 12345678>