RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Has anyone ordered a new RRS without the rear privacy glass?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

Bobajobbob

United Kingdom 
Has anyone ordered a new RRS without the rear privacy glass?

I was always intending to get privacy glass in the back of my new RRS but I am having seconds thought after seeing a few cars without it. From a utility point of view I want the kids to be able to watch TV in the back but I definitely think the car looks better without the tinted rear windows.

Opinions?

Post #464562 Sun Jun 14 2015 10:23pm
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

Don't have it on my SVR and think it looks far better without. Did have on my 3 previous Sports. SVR doesn't have RSE, previous Sports did, however, they were hardly ever used. 

Post #464566 Sun Jun 14 2015 10:50pm
Bobajobbob

United Kingdom 

Cheers, do you know whether there is an integrated blind solution as an alternative to tinted windows?

Post #464654 Mon Jun 15 2015 5:15pm
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

I doubt on 364 days in the year you'll need anything. To be honest, I don't think you'll need anything on the sunny day either. 

Post #464668 Mon Jun 15 2015 6:47pm
Fletcher

England 

I feel the car looks so much better without the rear tinted windows , there are blinds in the extras list , fully fitted / shaped to fit properly . Not sure how they attach though . Sunshades rear side and tale gate .

Post #464686 Mon Jun 15 2015 8:06pm
Chrisr1806

England 

I think it looks a lot better with privacy. Arrived: MY16 A/B SDV6 in Aruba, Ivory interior, piano black trim, black panoramic roof, spare wheel, blind spot monitoring, mudlaps and more... Twisted Evil

Gone but not forgotten:
2014 RRS2 SDV6 HSE in Loire Blue
2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE in Santorini Black

Post #464690 Mon Jun 15 2015 8:23pm
wilf

I really like the look of the RRS (and the Evoque come to think of it) with clear glass and black roof and lower body.

The combination makes the glass house "float" as was intended by the designers and reduces the visual bulk of the body to my eyes.

Privacy glass spoils this effect IMHO. But of course my opinion is but one of many! MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #464695 Mon Jun 15 2015 8:43pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

I think your kids will appreciate privacy glass. You already pointed out the issue with using a TV/tablet etc. which is indeed a problem when it is bright outside. It also protects them from the sun without the need to fumble with blinds all the time.

I think it looks better too but that's just a bonus - practicality was enough reason for me. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #464700 Mon Jun 15 2015 8:54pm
mikef

United Kingdom 

I didn't specify privacy glass because I didn't want to look like a drug dealer or 3rd Div footballer. Good decision IMHO because the car looks better without it

Post #464731 Mon Jun 15 2015 10:40pm
Fletcher

England 

The drug dealer/footballer comment is a bit harsh, I feel there must be a better way to blend the front windows in to it , I know they can't be to dark but at the moment it's all black at the back and then nothing on the front , looks like it's only half way through the job , going back in next week when they restock to be finished.

Post #464741 Tue Jun 16 2015 5:24am
fkarim

United Kingdom 

DRDILL wrote:
I have privacy glass and i am not a drug dealer or a footballer, just an ordinary guy working my arse off to afford nice things.

Drug dealers work hard too and it is a very high risk profession Wink In addition to that, "we" provide a lot of happiness (albeit temporary) to many people. ( I figured I must be one as I have had 2 with privacy glass and awaiting 3rd Laughing ). So glad I do/buy things based on what I like/need/want rather than worrying about strangers' perception of me. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #464743 Tue Jun 16 2015 7:07am
JSR2014

England 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

I have the privacy glass and a lot of people mentioned "drug dealer".

However, these same people either don't have kids...or they have those nasty "kiddicare" sun blinds in the back windows to shield their children from the sun.

I know which I prefer, I know which I think look better. My wife was sceptical at first, she now wants privacy glass on her Fiesta, not to look nice but for the functionality with young children.

I guess if you don't have children and dont mind the car heating up like a conservatory then don't have it, in some cases its a matter of taste, in mine it was a requirement (when I bought the car my wife was still learning to drive so the RRS was our baby's only mode of vehicular transport), thank goodness she's now passed!! 2014.5 Mariana Black 5.0 Supercharged V8 Autobiography

Post #464759 Tue Jun 16 2015 9:29am
mikef

United Kingdom 

DRDILL wrote:
just an ordinary guy working my arse off to afford nice things.

With respect I think we're all in that particular boat

Post #464760 Tue Jun 16 2015 9:36am
PauloAmore

Scotland 

JSR2014 wrote:
I have the privacy glass and a lot of people mentioned "drug dealer".

However, these same people either don't have kids...or they have those nasty "kiddicare" sun blinds in the back windows to shield their children from the sun.

I know which I prefer, I know which I think look better. My wife was sceptical at first, she now wants privacy glass on her Fiesta, not to look nice but for the functionality with young children.

I guess if you don't have children and dont mind the car heating up like a conservatory then don't have it, in some cases its a matter of taste, in mine it was a requirement (when I bought the car my wife was still learning to drive so the RRS was our baby's only mode of vehicular transport), thank goodness she's now passed!!

+1 2022 P440e AB

Post #464789 Tue Jun 16 2015 3:40pm
Dave777

United Kingdom 

I am more impressed with a learner or new driver in a 300hp RRS!

Respect Bow down MY16 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography in Aleutian silver, stealth pack and toys.

Post #464792 Tue Jun 16 2015 4:05pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>