Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > parking sensor issues
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Martin0711

United Kingdom 
parking sensor issues

Range rover sport 2006

Well after having inoperative parking sensors for some time, i bit the bullet and decided to get the finger out and get them sorted. So removed both front and rear bumpers, replaced all parking sensors including applying silicon grease into all connections to prevent water ingress. I checked continuity in all the multi plugs back to the main wiring harness, with no faults being found. Refitted the bumpers, connected the multi plugs and fired the car up only to hear the bloody dreaded 3 second tone !!!!! so there is still a fault present. Fitted a new parking sensor module in the boot, fired the car up and still the 3 second tone !!!!

Does anyone have any ideas what could possibly be at fault ?? as I'm pulling my hair out.

Martin

Post #464282 Wed Jun 10 2015 11:06pm
Pufftmw

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I gave up and removed the fuse - no tone Smile

Post #464292 Thu Jun 11 2015 9:24am
PAS

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

mine didn't work,replaced harness from molti-plug to sensors,sorted it,the actual harness gets water ingress too,known for it so I was told

Post #464302 Thu Jun 11 2015 1:49pm
deejay

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Arctic Frost

Just had same problem and did everything you have done. I had no front or rear sensors working so tested rear harness first and all good on continuity then tested 12v supply to rear harness [brown wire on mine] I was only getting between 0.9 and 1.3 volts so when I unplugged front harness I was getting 12v at rear. Tested front harness for continuity all good tested front harness supply voltage 12v all good so I am now scratching head a bit. All my parking sensors were new or nearly new!! Plugged front harness back into sensors and I got a dead short between black and brown wires +ve and Neg Pins 1 and 3 on sensors. One nearly new sensor had a direct short circuit so I replaced that and still had fault so I switched my multi meter to the Continuity Buzzer and got a tone for a fraction of a second between +ve and neg on another nearly new sensor I replaced that and hey presto ,front and rears are working again. So if you have continuity audio buzzer on your multi meter try what I have, also the sensors I bought were cheap Ebay ones which with hindsight may not be the best.

Post #464344 Thu Jun 11 2015 8:45pm
vam17hel

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Don't remove the fuse marked parking sensor system and tyre pressure monitor as i tried this and got a car that would not start limited gears message on dash display and F came up in sport shift display put fuse back and it started and run up the road reset gearbox thank god Confused

Post #464681 Mon Jun 15 2015 7:45pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1