RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > IID tool beta testing on the L494 & option adding TV etc
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

robbo770

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White
IID tool beta testing on the L494 & option adding TV etc

Well Pat and the team have been busy and so far all is going to plan,

I have been able to enable the TV function, just need to get remaining cables and the retrofit will be completed as I have done in several other Land Rover / Range Rover models before.

Just to show how easy this is, you need to insert into the fibre most circuit one extra leg as shown here after the dab unit, and the wiring is the same power wire and same earth point as the Dab unit.

The rest is stand alone wiring, with a custom video out to the Rear entertainment module ( RSE) as the audio is supplied via the most fibre circuit mentioned above. Power and earth wire clearly shown, the dab and TV module are listed as the same solder point connection in the harness (SP)

As I have the forward alert and adaptive cruise and 360 parking assist most of the additional sensors etc are already fitted onto my car. Therefore I am awaiting to find out what remains missing to get these systems fully functional but this is where I have got so far with my car spec

The fitting of the Lane departure system is coming along, I have the dashboard switch fitted, just need to find the last missing part of the system but the option is fully selectable, it just won't go active in the drivers options menu now in the dash menus Thumbs Up

The activation of Traffic sign recongition also has successfully been made visible in the dash menu, again all I need is the missing hardware or software and it will be up and running Thumbs Up

Also now have the option to select adaptive headlight fitted, which currently I only have Xenon signature ones, again need the AFS module fitted and two high end headlights to change up the spec Thumbs Up

Have had a browse of the full latest menu selection, and a possible BHP upgrade maybe possible as the cars year can be amended also!, this then may allow the official LR 2015 engine map which has significant more torque to be able to be loaded even at the dealers as the year dictates the engine map for the car.... Something for further investigation at a later date once warranty is expired Idea Rolling Eyes Razz None currently

Gone
rejected RRS autobi Dynamic MY14.5 (Peter Vardy 👎)
D3 XXV full conversion
4.2 SC FFRR
4.4 FFRR
Freelander 1

Post #463729 Thu Jun 04 2015 3:43am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Robbie

Location: Waiting for my old avatar to be allowed back... we miss her!

United Kingdom 

Fine work Rob. Cool

I understand that the VIN is used for the engine map, rather than the vehicle year setting, so this may not be a simple tweak.

Thumbs Up Land Rover - Turning Drivers into Mechanics Since 1948

How To - Battery & Quiescent Current Drain Testing

Free Fault Code Reading For Established Members:
Defender, FL2, D3, D4, Evoque, RRS & FFRR

Post #463733 Thu Jun 04 2015 8:02am
JSR2014

England 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

Looking forward to info on the TSR! 2014.5 Mariana Black 5.0 Supercharged V8 Autobiography

Post #463736 Thu Jun 04 2015 9:11am
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Great work but do you think it's a good idea to be sharing these updates here when we have people who work at Land Rover on these forums Wink Surely they will work to find ways to stop this amazing discovery you are working to....food for thought Whistle

Post #463737 Thu Jun 04 2015 9:14am
Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

Good work Robbo Thumbs Up Bodsys Brake Bible
Software Updates Contact me
RRS Timed Heat/Remote kits - Contact me
BAS Engine Re-maps/ EGR Blank EuIII and EuIV
Clock On The Dash/ SNOTM /3Flash / BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes read\ Gearbox Reset
See it HERE

Post #463739 Thu Jun 04 2015 9:53am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
robbo770

RRSman wrote:
Great work but do you think it's a good idea to be sharing these updates here when we have people who work at Land Rover on these forums Wink Surely they will work to find ways to stop this amazing discovery you are working to....food for thought Whistle

If that was the case LR would have shut the lot of us keen owners down years ago.

It is the like of this that can make purchasing X vehicle attractive if upgrades can then be bought and fitted.

Sourcing of the parts is the hard bit when motors like these as so rare in the breakers, this then means new part purchases for the upgrades which in the end is more money into LR supporting there existence

I have not done the most transformations of cars, colin from BBS has that claim in my opinion, with plenty of others, Flack, bodsy etc. Coming up behind

If we can help the owners have the car be everything they want then the owner will be more likely to speak highly of the LR product.

Either way LR benefit Thumbs Up

Additionally as most owners on here whom had the pleasure of dealing with Pete from Land Rover, they are very approachable, if you are showing how good their product is, sometimes they even get involved, I am sure the reason Special Vechicle Operations exists is due to the amount of over finch and high end models based on the LR standard run models.

Land Rover still warranty these cars when they come in for servicing due to the fact it heightens their market exposure, so obviously if they did the same they then would get additional coverage, hence the SVR was born Thumbs Up None currently

Gone
D3 XXV full conversion
4.2 SC FFRR
4.4 FFRR
Freelander 1

Post #463743 Thu Jun 04 2015 10:08am
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Fair play if you think that way Smile I for one support what you are doing 100% and wait for the results. I have had many BMW's coded to add features for free via the OBD by a very helpful chap on a BMW forum who did this as a hobby!

Post #463753 Thu Jun 04 2015 11:41am
big pimp

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

i read your posts with a smile on my face - love clever people like you! MY10 HSE 3.0 TDV6 : Santorini Black : Ebony Interior w/Anigre wood : Privacy Glass (total) : Sunroof : Sidesteps : Hybrid TV : Detachable Tow Kit : Spare Wheel Cover : 22" Dished Supersports

Post #463883 Fri Jun 05 2015 9:06pm
Disco_Mikey

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

RRSman wrote:

They already have, with park heating on the L494 Big Cry

Post #463884 Fri Jun 05 2015 9:10pm
robbo770

Depends Mike,

I have and am working with pat on this as I have it, but there are three settings and currently it can't read properly on my car which has timed and remote heat function Shocked None currently

Gone
D3 XXV full conversion
4.2 SC FFRR
4.4 FFRR
Freelander 1

Post #463885 Fri Jun 05 2015 9:15pm
dreynolds10

United Kingdom 

Good work Robbo. I was waiting to see how long it would be before you dug into the depths of the L494 and I wait with excited anticipation to see what mods are possible.

Good to see the same skilful folks lurking in this forum that have (and still do) frequent disco3... It gives us laymen lots of scope (and confidence) to mod/maintain our own vehicles.

Keep up the good work.

Post #463974 Sun Jun 07 2015 5:30pm
kljw

Scotland 
Park Heating

Hi
Have you managed to activate the Park Heater as yet? I have an IID Tool for my MY15 RRS AB. there are a few issues with the software at the moment that Pat and the Team are sorting, but would be good to know if you have achieved this as its the one option I would like at this time.

Keith

Post #464983 Thu Jun 18 2015 7:53am
robbo770

The iiD tool can certainly activated the mode, there is three type of settings though, currently working with GAP on this as I have both remote and timed heating on my car, but the tool is not reading the setting correctly.

However even if it does enable it in your car cc'd, there is several components in the timed system you would have to go and buy and fit to get it to work Thumbs Up

Not just a simple plug and play if the RRS2 was not built with the control system from factory being installed None currently

Gone
D3 XXV full conversion
4.2 SC FFRR
4.4 FFRR
Freelander 1

Post #464985 Thu Jun 18 2015 8:01am
kljw

Scotland 

Rob
1. what other bits are required?
2. have sent you a PM on another subject you may be able to help with.

Keith

Post #464992 Thu Jun 18 2015 8:45am
Maidenmania

United Kingdom 

A little off topic but I have a HSE on order and I have bought a set of illuminated tread plates....is the wiring already there to just plug them in on a HSE or will it take a bit more work? 2008 Factory HST- Sold
Arrived 2016 HSE carpathian grey

Post #465030 Thu Jun 18 2015 6:28pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>