RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > RRS2 day out in Central Scotland anyone?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
RRS2 day out in Central Scotland anyone?

In 2008 I ran a joint RRS and Disco3 forums driving day around the old General Wade's roads in Stirlingshire and southern Perthshire. We started from the Moto Services at J9 on the M9/M8 and headed off to the Wallace Monument via the backroads to Crieff then Glen Turret (didn't stop at the Famoud Grouse distillery) up some winding back roads to the Hydro dam above the Distlilery then over the back roads through the Sma'Glen on to Amulree, over the single track road to Kenmore/Loch Tay where we had a lunch stop on the banks of Loch Tay then up ito Fearnan and into Glen Lyon and across to the back roads for afternoon tea before descending into Killin where then we split up to go home via various routes south and east. We were blessed with a lovely day and even found a nice spot to have a wee bit of an offroad drive and play with super-extended suspension mode for those who wanted to give it a go. It was along drive but good fun and although only 2 RRS (me and another) pitched up there was a nice turnout of D3's, a couple of Defenders and a TDv8 FFRR "commercial"............. yes I kid you not a VAT busting van version of a FFRR (at the time a member here also had a commercial version of an RRS S/C)

Was thinking that if there is interest to run a Grand Day Out, then sometime in September if there isn't a Green Road Run on at either SLROC or the SGRC. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #463516 Mon Jun 01 2015 11:05pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
eddkawasaki

United Kingdom 

I might be up for that Tim depending on my work rota.

Post #463527 Tue Jun 02 2015 7:51am
kljw

Scotland 

Tim
count me in.

Keith

Post #465761 Thu Jun 25 2015 10:21pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1