RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > Jaguar deserter
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

wilf

Jaguar deserter

Well, having got all confused and made this announcement to the FFRR forum, I think I am now in the right place!

Newby here, signed for a 3.0 D HSE plus rather a long list of options yesterday.

Haven't been in a 4X4 myself for some years, although we have always had one in the family - wife currently tools around in a rather spiffy white Evoque.

I have been a Jaguar driver (S type then two XFs, currently an XFS portfolio) for many years, but the emphasis on 4cyl engines in the next XF has turned me away from them - 6 cylinders minimum!

I am a bit of a petrolhead, hobby car is currently a '74 Stag, which just now is running sweetly, as a result of 3 years of fettling. Before that it was a 7 litre Cobra replica, hardly any difference in performance then!

Anyway - lease on the XF runs out mid Dec, so order placed yesterday for the MY16 RRS to take over from then, hope to learn a lot from you knowledgeable folks in the meantime. It will be a long 6 months.......... MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #463343 Sun May 31 2015 11:23am
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Welcome Bow down

This is a great place to ask questions and share problems with a wealth of information amongst the members - usually more than the dealers Whistle

You will be hounded to post pics when it arrives so don't forget Thumbs Up Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #463344 Sun May 31 2015 11:27am
Fletcher

England 

Welcome wilf , show us a few pics of the stag , I have a few tr6' s in a barn ready for rebuild one day .

Post #463349 Sun May 31 2015 12:24pm
Dave777

United Kingdom 

Hi, you have found the right place.

Do have a look at whether a lower specced Autobiography is a better buy instead of a high spec HSE? I did the same as you and changed and was pleased I did. It did not cost much more at all due to the higher residual. i.e. you get some money back for some of the standard options Very Happy

Post #463358 Sun May 31 2015 2:18pm
wilf

Fletcher - a couple of Stag pics for you in the gallery.

Dave777 - I did look at that, but the options I settled on seem still mainly to also be options in AB spec, too, apart from the upgraded ICE. The lease quotes I got didn't warrant moving to the AB. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #463394 Sun May 31 2015 8:18pm
Fletcher

England 

Great looking car , thanks .

Post #463399 Sun May 31 2015 9:17pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1