RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > In Car Electronics > RRS audio wiring diagram - audio crashing
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

14jbs

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
RRS audio wiring diagram - audio crashing

I have had recent problems with my audio system rebooting and crashing altogether overnight with my 2008 RRS TDv6. I was told by two service companies that I needed a new audio system. I opted for a s/h one which I found had the same fault. The people that I bought it from said that their experience is that there is corrosion of the earth wiring within the loom, and it is very difficult to locate.

Corrosion may be due a recommendation of an RACQ guy who responded to a flat battery prior to my problem. He pointed out that I had corrosion on the terminals and I should pour on a solution of baking soda, which I did.

However, I now realise that there are two or three wiring looms alongside the battery which may well have earth wires affected by the solution of baking powder. I see that there are about three green (earth?) wires plugged into the audio head unit. Maybe I can bypass them?

So to fix the problem I need a wiring diagram of the audio system. Does anyone have one please?

Post #463310 Sun May 31 2015 2:05am
14jbs

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I still have a problem with my 2008 RR TDV6 8 speaker Harman/Kardon audio system crashing and am desperate for assistance please.

To repeat - if turn on the car the audio system does not work. However, if I reboot the audio system by removing and replacing the fuse whilst the engine is running, the radio and CD player resets. I can then use both the radio and the CD player until I turn the car off. Then if I leave it for a while, such as overnight, the audio system crashes and the clock stops at the time that I open the car, or if unlocked, when I put the key in the ignition.

If I do not remove the fuse when the car is idle, the "dead" audio system must still be drawing power because the battery goes flat after a couple of days if not used.

I was advised by the local Landrover service center that I needed new audio head unit - costing around $3,000 which I was loath to do, so I replaced the audio head with a s/h one from Rover Triumph breakers, and I still had the problem. I sent that audio head back, they tested it in another vehicle and it was pronounced to be OK.

They again told me that they had come across around 20 RR Sports with the same problem and their auto electrician had to dismantle most of the wiring loom to find and fix the fault. They repeated that there were about five earth wires joined within the loom that they find to be corroded and causing the problem. Unfortunately they could not point me to any specific place in the loom to find the fault.

I do not want to mess with the loom, and so if I can I would like to run new earths from the audio head and if necessary the amplifier, but need a wiring diagram to help me work out where to run them from. Problem could be the wiring to the head or to the amplifier I suppose.

H E L P !!!

Post #467084 Fri Jul 10 2015 4:41am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1