RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Sun roof leaking
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

RRS 1977

2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black
Sun roof leaking

Hi can anyone help I have a leak in my sunroof and it leaks through the interior light I have a rrs 4.2 the drain holes look clear ! And advice would be grateful

Post #460833 Thu Apr 30 2015 12:48pm
thebigstamp

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Siberian Silver

Odds on its the front drain holes. remove the grills on the wings and with the sunroof open pour water along the front where the water exits are. Have someone watch for the water draining out the outlets which can be found in the now open space where the grills are. You may have to remove a small bit of sponge which sits in there...

Mine had water dripping but not what it should. So I trimmed the outlets back and a good flow of water began to drain out.

They might be blocked with a bit of rubbish. If so use a length of curtain wire and slowly push it through the drain holes in the front corners of the sunroof. Don't push to hard as it will only end up breaking the joint. after a few pushes you should clear the channels....... Job done

Post #462521 Wed May 20 2015 9:27pm
aldomaximillian

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Hey. Had the same problem last month on my RRS.

If you open the sunroof fully, stand on your seats and put your head through the roof, (facing forward), you will see a hole on the far left and the far right of the sunroof. They are a bit difficult to see so get your phone torch on there and you should be able to see where they are.

Pour a little water near each of the hole and see if the water drains. What ever hole doesn't drain, thats the one thats blocked. Might be one or both of them. My right one was blocked.

Then grab a flexible rubber hose or pipe. I had an 8mm (anything bigger doesn't fit) rubber hose lying around the house. I stuck that in the hole as far as i could and then blew through the other end of the hose. Couple of try's and there was a small popping noise. The water started to drain out instantly.

Usually dirt and water mix and block the holes causing rain water to pour into the car though either the interior light, or either ends of the roof lining.

Hope that helps. Let me know how it goes.

Post #462982 Wed May 27 2015 1:09am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1