RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > Its coming!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>

eddkawasaki

United Kingdom 
Its coming!

I feel like a kid at Christmas! I called the dealer today, my car was built last weekend and is "on call" now should be with them early next week, fingers crossed I'll be picking it up next Saturday. Its gonna be a long week I think.

Post #462577 Thu May 21 2015 7:31pm
eddkawasaki

United Kingdom 
Its there!

delivery tomorrow. Only problem is, they have not ordered a contrast roof on it Sad
Its going to have the roof resprayed when i go away for work in a couple of weeks..

Post #463461 Mon Jun 01 2015 5:43pm
Fletcher

England 

Wow , I think I will go mental if they get anything wrong on my order , the money you pay and the time it takes from order to delivery there should be no mistakes .

Post #463473 Mon Jun 01 2015 6:36pm
eddkawasaki

United Kingdom 

It has been made quite clear to them that if the respray is not as per a factory finish i will be rejecting it.

Post #463490 Mon Jun 01 2015 8:51pm
Fletcher

England 

I have every sympathy with you and you predicament , it's the stuff of nightmares for me . Good luck and I hope it works out ok for you .

Post #463494 Mon Jun 01 2015 9:06pm
Solihull1

United Kingdom 

Eddkawasaki... My dealer did something similar. I considered the re-paint option but given it will never be a factory finish when done in a body shop I was not willing to take the chance... It would have bugged me forever...knowing they do not remove windows, sunroof, trims, etc and rely in masking. Take a look at an RRS in the body colour you are after with the body coloured roof and see if you can accept it and come to an agreement with the dealer on the way forward. Always your call but at least you would know you have a factory finish.

Post #463500 Mon Jun 01 2015 9:32pm
eddkawasaki

United Kingdom 

Thanks for the replies chaps, i was irate on Sunday when my VIN started working in topix and i noticed "body coloured roof" on the list. after i calmed down and phoned them today. they have admitted that they have to make it as per factory but i will discuss it with them when i collect it tomorrow and see if they are going to remove all the seals and roof etc.

I'm open to the option of ordering a new one and trading the red roof one in provided I'm not gonna loose out too much if at all. but like i say i will talk to them tomorrow. I've waited nearly 6 months for the car and already lost £4k on my trade in after the 1st order went through to build with the wrong spec on it so i really want the car now and if i had to order again how would i resist hitting the svr button

Post #463505 Mon Jun 01 2015 10:11pm
Solihull1

United Kingdom 

Good luck and am sure you will come to the right decision for you. Let us know how you get on.

Post #463506 Mon Jun 01 2015 10:18pm
eddkawasaki

United Kingdom 

will do. you never know i might love it with the body coloured roof.

Post #463507 Mon Jun 01 2015 10:23pm
sterling01

Scotland 

Wait till you see it and then tell them you are rejecting it and you want the correct car ordered from the factory. If you do this the dealer stands to lose a fortune as they cant sell it to someone else as a new car. It will be registered, so they can only sell it as used. They pretty much lose a large chunk of the VAT content.

I did this a number of years ago buying a brand new car from a main dealer. Although it was on my order, they had forgot to add digital climate control when they placed the order with the factory. This was a factory only £250 option. I was at the dealership at 6:30pm to collect. All senior management were gone. I told the salesman I was rejecting the car and walked out and went home. He did try his best to keep me there. The next day, the dealership principal called and offered me 10% off the car, 2 year service plan, 2 year AA and a top of the range 6 disc CD changer. (This was in the days when a radio/cassette was the norm). The car had air con and manual dials to adjust, the digital version was just a gimmick. Deal done, I saved a tidy sum. Current - 2014 Range Rover Sport HSE SDV6
Gone - 2017 Audi A8 Sport
Gone - 2007 Range Rover Sport HSE TDV8 - Great car.

Post #463510 Mon Jun 01 2015 10:29pm
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

Yes, this ^^^^^

Personally I think body coloured looks better than contrast, but irrespective it's your car and your order. Unless they are to remove all the glass and all the trim and paint properly (which I very much doubt they will!), which of course won't involve the same level of baking, then you're in the position of accepting second best, living with it, or dumping it and waiting another eon.

If it were me, I'd be furious and probably end up living with it. But boy would I milk it for all I can. Free servicing for XXXX years (it costs the dealership almost nothing). Or you could push for a guaranteed trade-in value now for a swap in XX months when they deliver the car you ordered. 

Post #463512 Mon Jun 01 2015 10:43pm
eddkawasaki

United Kingdom 

Phil, having slept on it again I'm thinking the later is the way to go. I will discuss guaranteed trade in value today. I'm already getting the 5 year service plan for free. I do need some accessories though Laughing

Post #463526 Tue Jun 02 2015 7:42am
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

I agree with Phil that the body coloured roof looks great, that floating roof effect, especially if the colour you've chosen is a significant contrast to black. So red, white, blue Smile will be great, dark grey less so.

Painting the roof is going to be a hassle and you will always have the feeling it's not "ex-factory". So I too would go down the route of getting something off the car, some accessories or whatever. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #463530 Tue Jun 02 2015 9:13am
eddkawasaki

United Kingdom 

Its firenze red so quite a contrast to the black. I need to see how the red roof sits with the stealth pack first but You guys are both right I would never be happy knowing that it had been resprayed. my new preference would be to secure a decent trade in value for it and reorder today.

5 hours to go....

I've just been playing with the configurator and i will have to factor in that the new one would be an my16 that has the option of an ebony/ebony or ebony/lunar/pimento interior if i went that route.

Post #463534 Tue Jun 02 2015 10:28am
RRSman

United Kingdom 

My Fuji White RRS HSE was a rejected car too - I was lucky to be offered the car as a cancelled order at list price in Feb this year and I took delivery of the car on the 1st March this year (15 reg). The car was rejected as the dealer forgot to add a black roof. I too wanted a car with a black roof so the next day had the roof vinyl wrapped in gloss black and it looks perfect Very Happy Matches the pillars etc just fine. No one who has seen the car has yet realised that its a wrap and not paint.

I got a car without waiting for 6 months and I got the black roof too - happy times Smile

There are some very very good professional wrapping companies out there I used Yiannimize. I would push for a huge discount or walk away - if you get the discount go down the wrap route rather than paint as it can always be reversed at anytime. The quality of wraps has come a very very long way in the last few years.

Post #463536 Tue Jun 02 2015 10:39am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>