Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Lazy Locking Sunroof
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black
Lazy Locking Sunroof

Hi

Anybody know if it is possible to enable Closing Sunroof when pressing Locking Button on Key Fob, Windows Close ok but not the Sunroof have tried different things in CCF Files but no difference so not sure it can be done, or does anyone have a car with a Sunroof that actualy close along with the Windows? the car is a 12plate Autobiography.

Cheers
Col

Post #462052 Sat May 16 2015 4:07pm
Col

All Sorted just me being a d*** I changed the setting in the CCF files and the Sunroof was already open so although it changed the setting I'm guessing it didn't recognize the change, so operated the Sunroof a couple of times and now all good, closes with the Windows via either Fob or Door Handle Buttons. Thumbs Up

Cheers
Col

Post #462053 Sat May 16 2015 4:32pm
Freshmaker

United States 2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Buckingham Blue

Hi Col,

I'm also looking for solution to open and close the sunroof via the key fob for my 2011 RRS also. I tried changing the CCF settings and didn't seem to work. Can you let me know the steps you took to make it work and also the CCF setting you changed?

Thanks in advance

Post #462129 Sun May 17 2015 9:00pm
Col

The Sunroof did open and close a couple of times then stopped again. Spoke to two different Dealers and they have both said you cannot close the Sunroof via the Remote Control Locking Button as they were not designed to on at least the 10-13 year car's, mine is a 2012 but 2013 year model according to topix.

This is fine but why did it operate a couple of times when I was playing about with it. Well I have now worked it out when I was playing because I had the windows open and actually switched the car off by leaning through the window without opening the door, and hey presto sunroof closed nothing to do with changing anything in the CCF files.

So basically I have now worked out that if you switch the ignition off and open the door it immediately drops power to the sunroof module hence why the sunroof will not close via the remote or handle button although it still allows windows to close.

All I need to do now is work out away to enable the sunroof to retain the power supply when the door is opened, wondered if could be done via a relay and the interior light somehow as that powers up when you open the door. Alternatively find a good auto electrician to do it for me. Any Offers Laughing

Why on earth would you design something which allows you to close all the windows, lock the car and walk away leaving the sunroof wide open. Wouldn't be so bad if it just bleeped to tell you it was still open. But then let's face it security does not appear to be top of L/R priority list.

Apologies for long winded post or if we've bored anybody to tears.

Cheers
Col

Post #462469 Wed May 20 2015 4:44pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1