RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Fuji white but cant decide on the interior colour help !!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

GJW1

United Kingdom 
Fuji white but cant decide on the interior colour help !!

Hi All,
So ive placed an order for A Fuji white with pan roof and contrast black roof on the autobiography.

I had originally chosen Ebony/Ivory with Ebony Headlining but after some thought I finally ordered it with Ebony/Lunar and Ebony Headlining.

I thought Ebony on its own was going to be to dark even with the pan roof hence choosing the Ebony/Lunar to break up the colour.

Does someone have these combinations on there car and has some pics and advise on them please.

My heart says change it to Ebony / Ivory but my head with the kids says Stick with Ebony/Lunar and I don't want to make the wrong choice on my first new car..

Regards
Gaz

Post #462331 Tue May 19 2015 1:17pm
Carlo

Check out earlier thread on autobiography interior, pics of Fuji white with ebony/ivory interior

Post #462600 Thu May 21 2015 9:53pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

First, with the pano roof, the car is not dark, so you don't need to have ivory to lighten the interior. Second, I personally think ivory and white is a terrible combination. I think trying to match interior and exterior colours doesn't work which is why Firenze with pimento looks awful.

Third, the ebony/lunar looks like a mis-match of leather parts, some sort of manufacturing defect. I would go for plain ebony with a white car. I think that with the sole exception of black on black, a contrast between inside and out works best. The AB option to have not one but three interior colours makes it look like some grotesque WI quilting effort.

Think also about a body coloured pan roof. I had a black roof on my Evoque so it was all black above the waistline (such as yours will be) but on my RRS I went for body coloured which creates the floating roof effect which you lose by having it all black.

All IMHO of course and YMMV. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #462749 Sun May 24 2015 2:35am
bigHSE

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Orkney Grey

Looking into getting a the new RRS myself, and have thought about Fuji white with the red and black interior, it's my favourite interior in comparison to others personally. 2012 RRS Autobiography 3.0SDV6 (Present)
2006 RRS HSE 2.7TDV6 (Gone)

Post #462811 Sun May 24 2015 6:42pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ExpatPom

Australia 2013 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Fuji White

Haven't seen this car in the flesh but I think it looks pretty good in the pic: http://www.carsales.com.au/demo/details/La...216/?Cr=48 MY15.5 Fuji White, SDV8 HSE Dyn Stealth Pack
Gone: MY14 Fuji White, 3.0 TDV6 SE
Gone: MY10 Stornoway Grey, 3.0 TDV6

Post #463006 Wed May 27 2015 11:49am
GJW1

United Kingdom 

Thanks for the replies it's the autobiography I've got on order so ebony / ivory looks a lot better than how that car looks in the link most white cars for sale seems to have the ebony and ivory but the other half doesn't like it and wants the ebony / lunar still confused but does the ivory get dirty and stain easily for anyone who has kids and has a couple of year old car ?

The wait is killing me already and car isn't due until the middle of September, this is my first new car and making the right choice so far as got me from a 70k hse to a 85k autobiography and still not 100% I don't want to make changes.

Is it just me or does everyone get the feeling you want to keep making sure it's right and questioning your decisions ?

As for upgrades I added

Soft close doors
Blind spot monitor
Larger water bottle
7 seats
Deployable side steps
21" 505 wheels which look simular to the 22s which I love but cant have on my build but can order and fit afterwards which to me is silly so may be looking for some 22s to fit.

Considering the following upgrades

Rear screens for the kids although £1500 for screens seems steep when kids use there iPads mainly these days.
Head up display I didn't like it at first on the demo car I had as I found it distracting but when you get used to it it's good so unsure about it still

Personal opinions please I know everyone is different but advice from people who are going through the process or been through it might help me conclude my choices

Post #463115 Thu May 28 2015 5:02pm
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

HUD is great.
Soft door close is good, but it WINDS ME UP when people shut the door themselves. As for anyone slamming the door Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Saw a Stealth Pack Fuji white with Santorini roof car today with Pimento interior. Looked very nice. 

Post #463118 Thu May 28 2015 5:40pm
Fletcher

England 

Wack the lot on there , I did . I'm with you on the check and double check , I have to pop back to clarify about the head lining as we wanted black so had the option ticked and now the ebony / ebony interior has it as standard , I think . Also I would prefer the gloss back 21" alloys rather than the silver ones but have 22" Kahn cosworth in gloss black to be fitted after purchase .
Well done on your order . Thumbs Up

Post #463122 Thu May 28 2015 6:17pm
GJW1

United Kingdom 

philmw wrote:
HUD is great.
Soft door close is good, but it WINDS ME UP when people shut the door themselves. As for anyone slamming the door Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Saw a Stealth Pack Fuji white with Santorini roof car today with Pimento interior. Looked very nice.

They don't close themselves do they ? Great if they do but I thought they just pull tigh closed when you pull them to gently ?

Post #463217 Fri May 29 2015 8:09pm
Carlo

Yep a bit hit and miss, mine were already on as second hand, not sure worth £500 odd

Post #463228 Fri May 29 2015 10:45pm
andman

Andorra 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

I went for Fuji .... Ivory Ebony on an AB with contrast roof and piano finish inside.....

My instincts told me not to go for white and Ivory... but imo it really works well in the flesh and i'm really happy I didn't go

with Lunar

Not a pic of my car btw...

My car's 7 months old and the only issue i've got is dye transfer, despite having the seats protected with Gtecnique...

My 3 year old daughter hasn't stained the seats at all....theres a protector round the base of her seat...

What did you plump for in the end

2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's
2013 Porsche Boxster S 3.4
2014 Audi A3 S line Quattro
---------------------------------

Post #463314 Sun May 31 2015 8:02am
andman

Andorra 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

I asked the same question about Ivory seats on the general forum ....when I was spec'ing up you can see the replies here from

people who have a had a few years good use out of Ivory....

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic33317.html 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's
2013 Porsche Boxster S 3.4
2014 Audi A3 S line Quattro
---------------------------------

Post #463318 Sun May 31 2015 8:13am
GJW1

United Kingdom 

andman wrote:

What did you plump for in the end

I still have my order in Ebony/Lunar the other half really doesn't like the Ebony/Ivory so although I like it I think ill have to stick with the Ebony/Lunar unless I just do what I want with my own spec Smile

Post #463491 Mon Jun 01 2015 7:51pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

I think your other half knows best. Laughing Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #463525 Tue Jun 02 2015 6:23am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1