Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Finally found the RRS We've been looking for! Advice needed
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

J2D

United Kingdom 
Finally found the RRS We've been looking for! Advice needed

Hi all,

After floating around this forum for the last 3-4 months, getting some very useful information and saving hard, we have finally found the RRS we are after within our budget.

We have put a deposit down and will be viewing it tomorrow.

It's a 2011 Fuji White HSE with a few extras, black and chrome interior with contrasting white stitching.

As it's from a main dealer an under 5 years old, I have been told by the salesman it comes with a full 2 yr warranty (are there different levels of LR warranty? And which one should I be aiming to get including?). I appreciate I will be paying a bit more, but the 2 yr warranty should help balance this out.

Before viewing, I just wanted to get a list of things I need to check and make sure are right before parting with my hard earned money.

So all your helpful advice will be greatly appreciated

Here she is -

http://www.usedvehicles.landrover.co.uk/search#/details/2618149

Thanks in advance

John

Post #462700 Sat May 23 2015 2:34pm
PEACHY

England 

Looks like a very nice unmolested example - all Approved Landrover warranties covering new purchases are the highest cover along with assist - therefore you don't really need to worry about a check list - buy & enjoy - any issues bounce it back to the supplying dealer Thumbs Up

Good luck. 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
17MY Autobiography Dynamic - Corris Grey - WOW.
14MY Autobiography Dynamic - SDV6 - Fuji White Smile
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Orkney Grey - awesome ;(
2005 Java Black - 4.2 V8 Supercharged First Edition- will never be forgotten ;(

Last edited by PEACHY on Tue May 26 2015 7:03am. Edited 2 times in total

Post #462721 Sat May 23 2015 7:55pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
whippetman

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Looks good with MD BACKUP Whistle

Post #462724 Sat May 23 2015 8:07pm
J2D

United Kingdom 

Thanks for your reply Peachy,

Always good knowing it has a main dealer warranty, but is there anything that isn't covered? Common problems or any wear and tear items that may need replacing/fixing, which I can get the dealer to sort before I make the purchase?

Also, the dealer I am purchasing it from isn't my local dealer, if I do have a future issues do I have to take it back to the dealer I purchased it from? Or can I use my local dealer?

John

Post #462738 Sat May 23 2015 10:14pm
codfather

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Santorini Black

Hi there,
A 2 year warranty sounds good, but just to give you an idea of what may or may not be round the corner......
Mine ran faultlessly for 3 years (2010MY)
A month past its 3rd birthday a door lock went(common problem) this would be covered (mine wasn't)
No other problems in that year.
Year 4, needed 3 wishbones replaced due to bushes wearing, cost £700 not covered as it is a wear and tear item, again most suffer this, you can tell by a knocking sound and general looseness when going over potholes
My air suspension compressor packed in, think this would be covered
Handbrake unit packed in ,again it's a common fault and should be covered under warranty
My alternator needed replaced, another £700 job that should be covered.
They are not cheap to run, that's for sure, I am lucky if I get 15000 miles out of my front tyres, and seems to eat brake pads
Would I have another? Sure!! Laughing

Cheers
Dave MY10 TDV6 SE (debadged Wink ), Santorini Black, Flappy paddles, Privacy Glass, 20" Stormers, Mudflaps!

Gone: a comprehensive list of imprezas and a Merc ML AMG

Post #462742 Sat May 23 2015 11:44pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I bought mine from a dealer with LR's Approved Warranty (only 1 year free back then, nice to see it's 2 years now). How good is the warranty? Well, when it ran out I paid to extend it. There isn't really a better warranty available, especially if you factor in the LR Assist that will come with yours (and which can be extended when the warranty is extended in 2 years (assuming you still have it)).

As mentioned, it won't generally cover suspension arm bushes although mine did cover anti-roll bar bushes during the "Approved" stage of the warranty. It will certainly cover the big expensive "oily" bits and a surprisingly large amount of other stuff too.

On the couple of times I needed to call out LR Assist they were excellent. When my turbos blew they didn't send someone to look at it first they just sent a low loader straight away based on my assessment that it was not fixable. They took me home as it was out of hours and then sent another loader the next morning to pick it up and take it to a garage having had it checked by one of their patrols first thing. A replacement car was available that morning too from Enterprise (who came and picked me up). Assist gives you a car for 48 hours and then the warranty takes over - I had the car for several days all as part of the package. And they sourced an Evoque - not some cheap little Aygo or what-have-you.

If only the cars were as reliable as the warranty package...! Whistle 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #462767 Sun May 24 2015 11:47am
itsmeagain

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

Thats a really nice example your going to look at. Current 2010 Range Rover Sport HSE with the usual toys: timed climate, Rosen headrest screens, tow bar with twin electrics, Blackvue HD cam
2008 Seat Leon K1
2012 Audi A1 2.0litre Black Edition TDI
2004 Audi A4 convertible
2004 Audi A2 TDI

Post #462793 Sun May 24 2015 4:41pm
J2D

United Kingdom 

Cheers for the advice and comments guys,

Went to see it and take it out for a test drive today, first RRS I have driven, and fell in love with it straight away! What a machine!

After a few hours we managed to sort a good deal, which included a decent trade in price on my X5, and we are picking it up next Saturday. (Subject to the results of the 165 point check) so Happy days Very Happy

Managed to get a full tank of fuel and 2 new tyres, as the fronts didn't match the back, which apparently they must do when being sold by a main dealer, 2 yrs warranty and 2 yrs assist, and if anything comes back from the 165 point check it will be getting sorted.

I did notice the front brake callipers and rear brake drums had started to rust, and were really noticeable through the wheels, looked horrible. Mentioned this the guy, but after we looked at some of the other RRS's it was apparent that this was normal, and even a 64 plate had the same problem! Shocked Never had this issue on my X5. Is there anything that can be done with these? Can they be rubbed down and painted with smooth Hamerite?

John

Post #462833 Sun May 24 2015 10:49pm
Ian J

United Kingdom 

As someone looking to buy an RRS who's previous car was an X6 I will be interested in a comparison when you've driven it for a while

Post #462845 Mon May 25 2015 8:33am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

J2D wrote:

I did notice the front brake callipers and rear brake drums had started to rust, and were really noticeable through the wheels, looked horrible. Mentioned this the guy, but after we looked at some of the other RRS's it was apparent that this was normal, and even a 64 plate had the same problem! Shocked Never had this issue on my X5. Is there anything that can be done with these? Can they be rubbed down and painted with smooth Hamerite?

John

If you use the search function on the forum you'll find quite a few threads with people painting calipers etc.

Oh, and brand new 2015 RRS apparently suffer from poor caliper painting too. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #462849 Mon May 25 2015 8:51am
myfirstrrs

United Kingdom 

It has a heated steering wheel, that means nothing now but will mean everything on a cold winter's morning.

Post #462854 Mon May 25 2015 9:04am
362bkr

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

Absolutely agree about the heated steering wheel although the way the weather is currently going I'm still using mine some days !

Post #462855 Mon May 25 2015 9:14am
362bkr

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

Ian J wrote:
As someone looking to buy an RRS who's previous car was an X6 I will be interested in a comparison when you've driven it for a while
Once your used to driving a RRS you'll never want to go back to any bmw with those awful run flat tyres ................

Post #462856 Mon May 25 2015 9:17am
PEACHY

England 

Had all my hubs & calipers painted when the Sport was being detailed - had them painted to match the alloys - hubs are a matt silver & the calipers a graphite grey - £150.

Looks the dogs danglers Thumbs Up 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
17MY Autobiography Dynamic - Corris Grey - WOW.
14MY Autobiography Dynamic - SDV6 - Fuji White Smile
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Orkney Grey - awesome ;(
2005 Java Black - 4.2 V8 Supercharged First Edition- will never be forgotten ;(

Post #462858 Mon May 25 2015 9:33am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
J2D

United Kingdom 

Ian J wrote:

Absolutely, im sure i will be a regular on here now I finally own one!

Although from one 15 min drive, I can say they are in a different league from the X5!

John

Post #462875 Mon May 25 2015 12:44pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>