RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Spoiled by unsolved issue
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

ironada

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey
Spoiled by unsolved issue

Can anyone help? My HSE Black has a 'whirring' noise from what appears to be the front left wheel. To explain though, previously, in an effort to solve this issue, it went in to Grange Land Rover (formerly T H White) in Swindon and had a bearing replaced. However the noise is still there and it is totally spoiling what was a fabulous vehicle. I took it back in last week for them to have another look but, having checked everything, they found nothing. The only answers (they said) was that it could be misaligned (they suggested a 4 wheel alignment) or perhaps the tyres are causing it (they said such 'tyre noises' are a common problem on RRS's, when the tyres became slightly chamfered on the shoulders - bull s***? Their inspection reported that the tyres are all fine in terms of tread and general order. To my mind, it certainly seems to be mechanical - it is an obvious 'rotational' whirring noise (a bit like a worn bearing or transmission grind....) and doesn't seem to be associated with tyre roar of any sort. It is driving me mad and I would rather not pay the large sum associated with a 4 wheel alignment just to be told that's not it! So back to the first sentence - has anyone had a similar experience and can anyone help? Thanks in advance. HSE Black - Orkney Grey, ivory leather, privacy glass, tow bar. GBNF - Discover 4 XS Nara Bronze (11); Discovery 3 HSE, Zermatt Silver (57); Discovery 3 HSE, Buckingham Blue (55); Volvo V70 Titanium SE (53); Audi A4 1.9 TDI SE, Denim Blue (02); Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 6, Black (99-V); VW Corrado VR6, Red (92-K); Toyota MR2, Racing Green (94-M); Nissan Sunny GTI, Red (92-K); Mk1 Toyota MR2 T-bar, Red (89-G); Citroen AX GT, Red (87-E); Talbot Horizon, Snot Green (83-A, I think).

Post #462035 Sat May 16 2015 7:49am
tailormadefun

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Zermatt Silver

What speed does this occur at? Is it from pull away? Or is it at high speed or low speeds?

Post #462036 Sat May 16 2015 8:11am
ironada

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Generally lower speeds, coasting down to 30 for example. Less noticeable under acceleration. HSE Black - Orkney Grey, ivory leather, privacy glass, tow bar. GBNF - Discover 4 XS Nara Bronze (11); Discovery 3 HSE, Zermatt Silver (57); Discovery 3 HSE, Buckingham Blue (55); Volvo V70 Titanium SE (53); Audi A4 1.9 TDI SE, Denim Blue (02); Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 6, Black (99-V); VW Corrado VR6, Red (92-K); Toyota MR2, Racing Green (94-M); Nissan Sunny GTI, Red (92-K); Mk1 Toyota MR2 T-bar, Red (89-G); Citroen AX GT, Red (87-E); Talbot Horizon, Snot Green (83-A, I think).

Post #462070 Sat May 16 2015 9:01pm
shakeapaw

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

I would suggest you get the other wheel bearing replaced, as if one has worn out, the other one wont be far behind, this is just a suggestion and in no way can I claim it will solve the problem, but i had something similar, and so replaced them both 07,TDV8,Black, Black Heated leather all round, Rear Entertainment with Headpones & Remote, TV, DVD, Pure Dab Digital Radio, Sidesteps, Adaptive Headlights, sunroof, now working fuel burning heater Smile)))

Post #462103 Sun May 17 2015 1:27pm
Camelrock

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Tangiers Orange

Diff bearing and the noise is transmitting along the drive shaft so making you think is in the wheel ? 2008 G4 RRSport TDV8 current
2009 TDCi 90 current
2018 Discovery 5 HSE lux current
1994 Dakar current

Post #462114 Sun May 17 2015 4:41pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1