Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > For Sale & Wanted > [Wanted] Wanted - Some advice before buying
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

nottinghamdan

United Kingdom 
[Wanted] Wanted - Some advice before buying

Hi Guys,

Im not sure if this breaks the rules of posting, and I want to respect the forum rules.

Looking at buying my first RRS, after it being my dream car for a while.

Can anyone give an advice on this car on AutoTrader? Iver done a Car Reg check, and its only appearing as a Range Rover on the results and not a Range Rover Sport.

From what I can see, it clearly looks like a Sport, but the check is off-putting.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/used-cars/land...ars-twt001

Thoughts?

Post #462174 Mon May 18 2015 11:50am
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

If you go to DVLA website and do a Vehicle/Reg No. check you should be able to find basic vehicle details.

Cheers
Col

Post #462185 Mon May 18 2015 12:37pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

Its definitely a Sport. Looks OK, with additional toys. Thumbs Up
I would just double check that the Timing belt was changed as per service schedule which is 7 years or 105,000 miles. So it should have been done before now. If no evidence of that, then you needs to put £6-700 aside for timing and fuel pump belts. Thumbs Up Bodsys Brake Bible
Software Updates Contact me
RRS Timed Heat/Remote kits - Contact me
BAS Engine Re-maps/ EGR Blank EuIII and EuIV
Clock On The Dash/ SNOTM /3Flash / BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes read\ Gearbox Reset
See it HERE

Post #462187 Mon May 18 2015 12:42pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
orangevanman

United Kingdom 

Hi dan, i am also in notts. Its defo a sport mate and it looks ok. Have a look on here as what to look for when buying as theres some useful tips. In the pics it looks like the suspension is raised, lower it and raise it again to make sure it all works correctly as the compressor pump can go on these. As said before check the cam belts been done. listen out for knocking from the front end when on test drive.
I have the same wheels on mine and they are 22"s as well. Rides a bit harder but not too noticable.
Also the door repeaters have been changed to clear ones which is the mod a lot of ppl do first.
If you do buy it then youll need to check to see if the sat nav disc has been updated as it will be a 2006 one.
Thats very easy to do and i think the current one is 2012. i have just changed mine and it took bout 15 mins all in so i have all the new roads etc. Land rover want £180 for the disc i got mine from ebay and its a good one for £20.
Also check the electronic handbrake is working ok.
Check the boot well for the tow ball (if its there its a bonus)
Look out for warning lights on the dash also. These warning lights can come on even if you fart on the wrong part of the seat. Laughing

all in all if it feels and looks ok and the paper work checks out then the choice is yours. Believe me you wont regret buying one. Just had another look at the pics and i am not sure what the grille and the tailgate emblems are (they look a bit like Hawke ones) but not too sure

Post #462202 Mon May 18 2015 2:26pm
nottinghamdan

United Kingdom 

Thanks for the advice guys.

Going to hopefully see it in the morning.

Really hoping its as nice as it is in the pictures, as Ive seena few the past week and some people really do not take care of their RRS but still want good money for them when selling.

Post #462211 Mon May 18 2015 4:25pm
nottinghamdan

United Kingdom 

Some excellent advice here - Thank you!

Do you know of any good garages in Notts for servicing and for any possible work that needs to be carried out? Be it immediately or in the long run.

Im also guessing by your comment that the 22" wheels are non standard. Would you suggest advising the insurance company about these? They wouldn't need to know about the PS2 in the glovebox either would they? I suppose it could be classed as a Mod?

orangevanman wrote:
Hi dan, i am also in notts. Its defo a sport mate and it looks ok. Have a look on here as what to look for when buying as theres some useful tips. In the pics it looks like the suspension is raised, lower it and raise it again to make sure it all works correctly as the compressor pump can go on these. As said before check the cam belts been done. listen out for knocking from the front end when on test drive.
I have the same wheels on mine and they are 22"s as well. Rides a bit harder but not too noticable.
Also the door repeaters have been changed to clear ones which is the mod a lot of ppl do first.
If you do buy it then youll need to check to see if the sat nav disc has been updated as it will be a 2006 one.
Thats very easy to do and i think the current one is 2012. i have just changed mine and it took bout 15 mins all in so i have all the new roads etc. Land rover want £180 for the disc i got mine from ebay and its a good one for £20.
Also check the electronic handbrake is working ok.
Check the boot well for the tow ball (if its there its a bonus)
Look out for warning lights on the dash also. These warning lights can come on even if you fart on the wrong part of the seat. Laughing

all in all if it feels and looks ok and the paper work checks out then the choice is yours. Believe me you wont regret buying one. Just had another look at the pics and i am not sure what the grille and the tailgate emblems are (they look a bit like Hawke ones) but not too sure

Post #462215 Mon May 18 2015 4:38pm
eddiek62

Scotland 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

You can have my TDV8 for that - a year younger and less miles - and just serviced a week ago!! In the for sale below this post.

Post #462255 Mon May 18 2015 9:15pm
riverblanche

United Kingdom 

Hi,
sounds about £3K to much to me Shocked unless they are wanting to re-coup the money spent on the wheels
(wise to advise the insurance company it would only give them a reason to not pay out Big Cry )
Any car you buy will come with some wheels Laughing so it just depends how much you value those particular ones, I would be more bothered about the quality of the tyres

good luck with your search/viewing Thumbs Up

Post #462277 Mon May 18 2015 10:22pm
BKHK

Australia 

Service History, Service History then say it again. At those miles it needs to have a full history or you could be topping up the mortgage. If you can fine newer with lower miles and standard wheels, go for it. It looks clean though.

Post #462287 Mon May 18 2015 11:05pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

eddiek62's TDV8 looks like a better deal to me! L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso
RRS TDV6 HSE Lux (MY2011)... Nara Bronze / Arabica - now gone!

Post #462292 Mon May 18 2015 11:15pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1