RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > No , really , that is it now .
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 5 12345>

Fletcher

England 
No , really , that is it now .

Two hours in with the dealer checking and rechecking , shoot me if I come back in before it arrives .
The new car is ordered , final spec chosen , build date end of August for delivery early September . Funny part is the build date is the same date the new baby is due , good job the hand over day doesn't clash , could be quit awkward leaving the wife in the delivery suite while I pop out to the dealership .

2016 range rover sport 3.0 diesel hse dynamic
Carpanthian grey
Ebony/ebony
5+2 seats
Incontrol pack
Incontrol remote premium
Incontrol apps
Incontrol wifi
Ebony premium headlining
Premium audio system
Electric deployable towbar
Auto hi beam assist
Auto dimming exterior mirrors
Leather heated steering wheel
60/40 fold through
Cooled /heated front & rear seats
4 way air con
Washer bottle
Head up display
Fixed panoramic roof
Solar windscreen
Configurable ambient lighting
Soft close doors
Leather edge mats
Surround camera system
Park assist
Dual sun visors
Rear entertainment
Mud flaps
Boot tray
5 yr service pack
Life shine polish pack (booked in for a possible paint correction detail and hard wax in first week )
22" kahn cosworth wheels in gloss black to match grills (to be fitted once we have left the showroom)

If you chaps could do the decent thing and not mention any other options you think I need I will be eternally great full . Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #461710 Sun May 10 2015 8:49pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

1. Blind spot monitoring with closing vehicle sensing - great safety feature.
2. Privacy glass - protects the little ones from bright sun to a certain extent.
3. Remote park heat with timed climate - very useful, I added to my current car and wouldn't be without it unless it could be controlled using the app which LRCS confirmed to me isn't going to be the case sadly.

And no, I didn't misunderstand you. Sorry Laughing Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #461711 Sun May 10 2015 9:13pm
Fletcher

England 

Thanks, I'm not keen on the look of the tinted windows , the park heat was never used on my last car , but the blind spot thing will niggle me now so I will get on the landrover web site and investigate . Ps my wife says thanks too ( I think that's what she said ) Rolling with laughter

Last edited by Fletcher on Sun May 10 2015 9:38pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #461712 Sun May 10 2015 9:26pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

I wasn't referring to the lane departure thingie. Blind spot monitoring & closing vehicle sensing are different options to lane departure warning. So you got more features to investigate Wink

PS: You're both welcome. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #461713 Sun May 10 2015 9:35pm
Fletcher

England 

Sorry I just corrected that in my reply . The wife has put her foot down now . Now more toys allowed , until I buy her something nice . Thumbs Up

Post #461714 Sun May 10 2015 9:40pm
SkyWalker

Netherlands 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

[quote 2. Privacy glass - protects the little ones from bright sun to a certain extent. [/quote]

Privacy glass is not for looks, it´s just by far the best option you can buy for your little one.

As well as for your wife, in case of breast feeding on the run.

Think about it. SW

Sometimes it is not enough to do our best;
sometimes we must do what is required.

Adriatic Blue 2005 RRS HSE 2.7 TDV6
Now: 2016 RRS HSE DYNAMIC 3.0 TDV6

Post #461715 Sun May 10 2015 9:49pm
Fletcher

England 

Not sure how to reply as it would make you chaps laugh but I could end up with a slap . Rolling with laughter

Post #461716 Sun May 10 2015 10:07pm
never ready

United Kingdom 

Car sounds good, active cruise control is worth a consideration. Maybe switch it for the park assist, I've used mine about 6 times twice with success three times it cancelled part way through and the last time it hit my neighbours car while it was swinging the front in Big Cry . Try and get a look at the ambient light in the dark, its only the led's under the arm rest.

Post #461719 Sun May 10 2015 11:09pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

I would forget InControl Apps, in my opinion it's a waste of money, only works with a very restricted range of applications and, worst of all, crowds out the rich screen home screen. That whole technological area is changing and those of us with it will be left high and dry, I have no doubt.

That's a long options list which will get you next to nothing back at resale if that is important to you. You might want to compare the car specified first as an Autobiography with more as standard and fewer add-ons.

I like the adaptive cruise control, makes for very relaxed driving on a busy motorway.

I haven't dared use the park assist yet, huge car, vulnerable wheels, no thanks. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #461721 Mon May 11 2015 4:34am
Dave777

United Kingdom 

Like Mark says I had a well specced HSE and changed it for an Autobiography. A load of my options were then included for the residuals and only cost £40 ish more.

Post #461723 Mon May 11 2015 8:53am
never ready

United Kingdom 

I think they are right, my HSE dynamic came in at £80k after ticking all the boxes, I wish now that I had gone for an AB

Post #461724 Mon May 11 2015 9:43am
Dave777

United Kingdom 

So glad I changed mine. Well worth it. Delayed for a MY16 and dealer said PCP cost may go down as residuals are holding up well.

Post #461733 Mon May 11 2015 11:23am
Fletcher

England 

Hi all , thanks for input. Resale is not a big worry as we will keep it for a few years as a family runner , I'm not that bothered about the ab as a car , the original concept was great but I feel they have kept the name as a sales gimmick but you've lost the individual build as it was , it's moved to svo now . ( hope that makes sense )
The colour we picked matches the grained plastic quite well so no need for painted bumper bits , the front seats don't match the 6 and 7 seats as well as the hse does . The cost is approximately another £5,000 .
I would rather put that money towards my next toy, I have plans for a 458 in the near future.
All comments great fully received, roll on September
Thumbs Up

Post #461778 Mon May 11 2015 8:47pm
Carlo

At that price an ab is far better value and can go fot the two tone seats that look the business, along with the very tactile headlining!
And a nicer paint job on bottom sills!

Post #463231 Fri May 29 2015 11:57pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Sounds like the OP was looking to us to endorse his choice but I still think it's better to start with an AB than go with an HSE optioned up to the eyeballs. If you're keeping the car for a long time (though looking at your history, I doubt you will), all the more reason to get and enjoy the better model. I suspect, though, you will become dissatisfied by whatever you have when the facelift comes out.

The 458 is coming to the end of its production, if it is not already there, but £5000 will not go very far at all towards buying or maintaining one. I budget about that per year to maintain my lesser car.

Post #463235 Sat May 30 2015 7:33am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 5 12345>