RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > No , really , that is it now .
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 5 <12345>

Dave777

United Kingdom 

I have told them to touch mine as little as possible and no stickers too. Every new car I have bought I have said no stickers, never once have they actually not put them on!

Mine is being detailed but the detailers are so busy that I cannot book it in immediately as I have no confirmed date sadly.

Is anyone putting a shaped rear number plate on to fill the gap fully? MY16 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography in Aleutian silver, stealth pack and toys.

Post #466621 Sun Jul 05 2015 6:29pm
Fletcher

England 

Thanks , you've just reminded me to take the retention certificate in next week . Really happy with carpanthian after seeing the pics on that thread .

Post #466632 Sun Jul 05 2015 7:58pm
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

I had stressed to the dealership that I didn't want the registration plates screwed to the car. When the dealership prepared my car for delivery they guy tasked with fitting the plates had to forethought to get the sales guy to phone and ask whether I wanted the plates mounted to the plinth, or straight to the bumper.

I think mounted straight on the bumper looks better:

Click image to enlarge

Trouble I have now is the front plate is delaminating and discolouring between the front clear sheet and reflective backing. Confused

At least I get the car back tomorrow hopefully looking like (it should have been when) new.

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  

Post #466644 Sun Jul 05 2015 8:38pm
Dave777

United Kingdom 

Thanks for the reminder.

I forgot to say don't screw them on too. MY16 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography in Aleutian silver, stealth pack and toys.

Post #466651 Sun Jul 05 2015 9:46pm
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

This is the delaminating plate:

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  

Post #466759 Mon Jul 06 2015 10:06pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

I had a Ferrari once with stick-on plates and when the dealer removed them to replace a delaminating plate, the paint came off with the plate. Thankfully, the RR paint process seems better so that when they replaced the crooked plate after I bought the car, it came off easily though the dealer had glued and screwed which I thought was overkill. I got them to stick the replacement only. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #466771 Tue Jul 07 2015 4:23am
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

At least the dealer stickers can be removed, best though if you do it sooner rather than later. There's a dealer, Guy Salmon I think it is, who like to put their name on the back of the car in stick-on letters which I imagine are a pain to remove.

Worst - and I've seen it a lot in the U.S. - is where they actually paint the dealer name close to the brand label so that it reads "Fred Bloggs Ford" or some such. There's a VW dealer near Cambridge, Vindis I think, who used to think it clever to do the same. Mark

Post #466772 Tue Jul 07 2015 4:31am
TST717

Scotland 

I was in a position a few months back ,trying out the FFRR & the AB sport with a view to change from my 09 TDV8 HSE...( great machine until it started playing up with a few niggles) ....
Anyway ..... I couldn't see the value of £82 k in the AB....and the rear seat finish on the demo model put me right off!!
I could convince myself that it was worth it ....
The FFRR I liked was £105k.. So I am now the delighted owner of an 850n/m -385bhp 4.2V8 Cayenne S diesel with all the toys that one could have on a car .....I haven't driven it yet though , it's sat in my garage until I can drive it!! But the spec is just what I was looking for and paid less than the price of an AB..... The interior is nicer also IMHO of course ....

Pity the RRS is away though ,can't keep them all ... Can you ??😎😎😉😉

Ps ...I can still stay on here can't I? .......I could be back !!
TST TDV8 HSE....Gone but not forgotten ....class act
Cayenne S diesel.....850n/m....385bhp....the danglies ...
SL55 AMG

Post #466809 Tue Jul 07 2015 12:42pm
TST717

Scotland 

By the way ..Phil ... That number plate is class..... Delaminating or not !!..

If it has to come off to replace ... Heat it with a hairdryer then use fishing line to Cut it off like a cheese cutter !! No loss of paint that way!!

TST TDV8 HSE....Gone but not forgotten ....class act
SL55 AMG

Post #466810 Tue Jul 07 2015 12:44pm
TST717

Scotland 

fletch...OP....

997 Turbo White ... I remember you from 911UK.....also Mark N and Bradders on here were there also!!!

TST..... TDV8 HSE....Gone but not forgotten ....class act
SL55 AMG

Post #466812 Tue Jul 07 2015 12:47pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

However good the Cayenne is - though I felt sick riding in the back of one - the looks just don't do it for me. The jelly-mould curves and the pointy nose, not for me.

Still, other people think differently and I think the Cayenne diesel is their biggest selling model variant across all ranges. Just shows that all this stuff about the car having an engine from the spiritual home of Porsche in Stuttgart Zuffenhausen is so much baloney and most drivers just don't care. In fact, the Cayenne is mostly made in Slovakia and the diesel engine comes from Audi. Mark

Post #466816 Tue Jul 07 2015 1:05pm
Fletcher

England 

Hi, nice to be remembered . Yes car was black but profile pic was white , well remembered .
I think I heard somewhere you can use dental floss like a cheese wire to cut stickers off .

Post #466853 Tue Jul 07 2015 7:00pm
Fletcher

England 

Passed the point of no return !

Post #467252 Sat Jul 11 2015 8:42pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Thumbs Up I think mine is 14th. Had I not had 2 good Sports (touch wood!), I would be considering cancelling after reading some recent problems and experiences reported here. Now all I am thinking is "black roof or not" Laughing Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #467253 Sat Jul 11 2015 9:05pm
Bobajobbob

United Kingdom 

Reading some of the comments on here and I'll be amazed if I can drive my new RRS away from the dealer without it conking out. It feels like I'm buying a 1980s Rover for the price of a Bentley. I just hope it is only the unsatisfied punters who congregate in internet forums.

Post #467255 Sat Jul 11 2015 9:14pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 5 <12345>