RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Passenger Side Mirror (UK)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Biggles

England 
Passenger Side Mirror (UK)

Has anybody had trouble with this mirror.
I can set the mirror perfectly well for my self but my partner can not get the mirror to adjust enough for her to see the rear of the car.
My delear response was that we will have to live with it as land rover can't make cars that suit every body size.
My reaction to this was why have adjustable steering, seats and mirrors at all then.
I have noticed that on the Land Rover GTR site thier is a service bulletin for Mirrors, has any body got access to this site. If so I would appreciate a copy of the document, if it relates to this problem. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #2486 Tue Sep 20 2005 9:58am
nickp

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zambezi Silver

Hi Biggles

I have also questioned this as the mirror seems to stick out at a weird angle compared with the drivers side. I was told this is how it is and nothing can be done . I am still questioning it .

Post #2490 Tue Sep 20 2005 10:22am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Biggles

England 

Listed below are the selections for a RRS the two I am most inyerested in are highlited in bold.
Bear in mind I have had no engine running issues but would like to know of any problems out inthe great wide world.

Link to GTR Site Below.

http://www.landrover.com/gb/en/Owners/Owne...erview.htm

Selection Results
Service Bulletins-LS - Range Rover Sport-All Years-Technical Bulletins

Range Rover Sport - Nameplate Paint Deterioration. To subscribe to view this document click here
Reference: LS501-002 (1) Folder: 501 - Body System

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Range Rover Sport - Visibility from Side Mirror To subscribe to view this document click here
Reference: LS501-001 (1) Folder: 501 - Body System

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Range Rover Sport - Infotainment System Fault Diagnosis Information To subscribe to view this document click here
Reference: LS415-001 (1) Folder: 415 - Entertainment System

Range Rover Sport - Parking Distance System Intermittent Operation To subscribe to view this document click here
Reference: LS413-001 (1) Folder: 413 - Instrument Panel

Range Rover Sport - Difficulty in Opening Fuel Filler Flap To subscribe to view this document click here
Reference: LS310-001 (1) Folder: 310 - Fuel System

Range Rover Sport - Diesel Only - Engine Running Issues To subscribe to view this document click here
Reference: LS303-001 (1) Folder: 303 - Engine System

Range Rover Sport - Steering Gear Noise To subscribe to view this document click here
Reference: LS211-001 (1) Folder: 211 - Steering System

Range Rover Sport - Electronic Park Brake Warning Lamp Illuminated To subscribe to view this document click here
Reference: LS206-001 (1) Folder: 206 - Brake System

Range Rover Sport - Suspension Noise To subscribe to view this document click here
Reference: LS204-002 (1) Folder: 204 - Suspension Systems

Range Rover Sport - 20 Inch Wheel Installation To subscribe to view this document click here
Reference: LS204-001v2 (2) Folder: 204 - Suspension Systems

Range Rover Sport (LS) - Distribution - Special tool To subscribe to view this document click here
Reference: LS100-004 (1) Folder: 100 - General Information

Range Rover Sport (LS) - Distribution - Special tool To subscribe to view this document click here
Reference: LS100-003 (1) Folder: 100 - General Information

Range Rover Sport - Special Tool Notification To subscribe to view this document click here
Reference: LS100-002 (1) Folder: 100 - General Information

Range Rover Sport - Special Tool Notification To subscribe to view this document click here
Reference: LS100-001 (1) Folder: 100 - General Information

Page 1 of 1

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #2492 Tue Sep 20 2005 10:53am
MDP

United Kingdom 

I too would agree that the passenger mirror sticks out at an awfull angle, even when i'm driving. My wife struggled to get the correct set up for her at all.
Will report back if get any satisfactory results. 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #2493 Tue Sep 20 2005 11:50am
Biggles

England 

I have just subscribed to the GTR site and it appears that land rover offer a fix for this problem. I am in the process of trying to contact my dealer and speak to him regarding it (it is apparently not the way it is, as he has told me). It's a shame that we must find out the fixes to the problems ourselves and how easy is it for us to do. My own dealer must not own a pc with internet connection and be able to afford to subscribe to their own brand technical web pages. Laughing Laughing
I am at work at the moment but will post this document tonight when I return home. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #2495 Tue Sep 20 2005 12:57pm
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

Keep the faith everyone, if only the dealerships were made up of people like us, things may be different. Mine is struggling to return a phone call at the moment, yet alone any problems I may get in the future.... L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #2496 Tue Sep 20 2005 1:54pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Biggles wrote:

I am at work at the moment but will post this document tonight when I return home.

I take it this doc is on how to cure the passenger wing mirror ( glass ) issue ?...... Hope so... well done Biggles Smile 

Post #2500 Tue Sep 20 2005 2:15pm
Biggles

England 

Posted below is the bulletin for the passenger mirror fix.
I have photos to go with it but I am struggling to pst the document as is from the web. Any help in the right direction would go down well.

Technical Service Bulletin
No.LS501-001
30 March 2005

Subject/Concern : Range Rover Sport - Visibility from Side Mirror

Models :
Range Rover Sport (LS) Vin range : 5A900109 Onwards

Markets : All

Section : 501-09

Summary :
A customer may report a concern of an inability to adjust the passenger door mirror to the desired inboard view along the passenger side of the vehicle when the driver seat is in the fully forward position, even when the door mirror is adjusted fully inboard.

Cause : Insufficient inboard travel of the passenger side door mirror when driver seat is fully forward.
Action : Should a customer express concern regarding the above, refer to the Service Procedure detailed in this bulletin.

Parts Required :
Description Part Number Quantity
Spacer - RH Mirror (LHD Vehicle) CSZ500010 1
Spacer - LH Mirror (RHD Vehicle) CSZ500020 1

NOTE : Repair procedures are under constant review, and therefore times are subject to change; those quoted here must be taken as guidance only. Always refer to DDW to obtain the latest repair time.

Labour Time :
Operation Description Operation No. Time
Install spacer to passenger door mirror - 0.10 76.11.89/66 0.10 hours

Repair/Claim Coding :
Causal Part : CRB502341PMA
ACES Condition Code : 07
Defect Code : 9P1A

Service Procedure
1 . Remove the passenger side door mirror glass. For additional information, refer to Global Technical Reference (GTR) Discovery 3/LR3 Workshop Manual Section 501-09, Exterior Mirror Glass. (currently the Range Rover Sport workshop manual does not include a section for removing the mirror glass, please refer to the Discovery 3 manual section as the mirror glass remove/install process is identical)
2 . NOTE : The graphics in this bulletin detail the passenger side mirror of a RHD vehicle. For LHD vehicles the process is identical for the passenger side mirror.

Using a T10 Torx bit remove the screw from center of mirror motor.

3 . Insert a trim fork behind the motor and gentle lever the motor to release the retaining clips from main casting.

4 . NOTE : Do not disconnect the motor electrical connector.

Position the motor assembly aside.
5 . Install the plastic spacer onto the main casting.

6 . Position the motor under the inboard clip on the main casting and push the motor into position.

7 . Install the retaining screw and tighten to a maximum torque of 1.2Nm.
8 . Install the mirror glass. For additional information, refer to Global Technical Reference (GTR) Discovery 3/LR3 Workshop Manual Section 501-09, Exterior Mirror Glass.

©2005 LandRover Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #2517 Tue Sep 20 2005 9:57pm
nickp

Biggles , thanks for that information. if you have access to the GTR site is there a bulletin refering to Diesel Engine running issues? I am interested to know what this is about.

Post #2518 Tue Sep 20 2005 10:03pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Biggles

England 
Derv Engine Running Issues

Technical Service Bulletin
No.LS303-001
26 August 2005

Subject/Concern : Range Rover Sport - Diesel Only - Engine Running Issues

Models :
Range Rover Sport (LS) Vin range : Automatic LS911508, LS919943 and LS919944 (three vehicles only), and from Automatic 6A916211 Onwards

Markets : All

Section : 303-00

Summary :
This bulletin is for information only, to inform Authorized Repairers that from the VINs quoted, the vehicle Electronic Control Unit (ECU) and engine harnesses have now changed from gold terminals to tin terminals. When replacing parts all the terminals must match.

Refer to the attached table to match components.

NOTE : Part numbers are correct at time of issue and are subject to supersessions. When replacing any parts ensure that all three items are matched.

Engine ECU (number on ECU) Engine Bay Harness Label Number Engine Harness ID Number
Automatic Prior VIN 916210 - NNN500560 YMB502913, YMB503302, YMB501125, YMB501135, YMB503312, YMB503322, YMB501185, YMB501195 4H2Q 9H589 AT (Part Number 1351812)
Automatic From VIN 916211 - NNN500570 YMB505540, YMB505550, YMB505560, YMB505570, YMB505580, YMB505590, YMB505600, YMB505610 6H2Q 9H589 AC (Part Number 1387757)

Service Information
Location of engine bay harness label number and engine harness ID number

1 . Engine harness ID number.

2 . Engine bay harness label number.

©2005 LandRover Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #2519 Tue Sep 20 2005 10:08pm
Biggles

England 

Hope this info helps,
It cost me six pound to subscribe for one day one model Smile .
It will certainly help me to put my dealer straight about the mirror if I can ever get through to him. Looks like its time for the showroom to be full of customers and me shouting about the poor service and communication I recieve. Shocked Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #2520 Tue Sep 20 2005 10:13pm
nickp

Biggles thanks . It seems to me that Dealers don't seem to know half as much as we do from the information we pick up on this forum and the Disco 3 one. I have suggested to my dealer that they check out these sites to see what customers think of their products. Thanks again.

Post #2522 Tue Sep 20 2005 10:20pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Biggles/NickP,

Cheers guys, I too will be dashing into my dealer this week with the info from this forum/GTR site. to get mirror fixed before my wife threatens to commit harry carry.

I did some time ago mention this forum to LR as a good source of information/feedback, but I guess it fell on deaf ears.

Why do we need to subscribe/pay to the GTR site? Would'nt it be better to verify people/owners by requesting your reg/chasis no. as part of registration/ access?.........I mean, fancy having to pay to learn how to repair/correct their mistakes............ only a thought.

Keep up the good work Biggles.

Thanks

Martin 

Post #2530 Wed Sep 21 2005 9:44am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

nickp wrote:
Biggles thanks . It seems to me that Dealers don't seem to know half as much as we do from the information we pick up on this forum and the Disco 3 one. I have suggested to my dealer that they check out these sites to see what customers think of their products. Thanks again.

Yeah, unfortunately 'twas ever thus with car dealers. I think as the visibility of this forum increases we may be lucky enough to count a number of LR employees as forum members (assuming there are no dealer staff here already) - when I used to use BM3W/BM5W I know there were a few dealer employees on that forum, sales guys, service personnel etc. They're useful people to have in membership.

Cheers
Steve 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #2531 Wed Sep 21 2005 10:16am
Biggles

England 

Biggles wrote:
It will certainly help me to put my dealer straight about the mirror if I can ever get through to him. Looks like its time for the showroom to be full of customers and me shouting about the poor service and communication I recieve. Shocked

I'm getting really pi**ed with my dealer called him myself yesterday after waiting three days for them to call me only to be told somebody will definatley call back.
When I told him I had searched the web to find a cure for the mirror problem he still denied that it was his problem to fix and that i should take the paper work from the download to prove it was official land rover paper work.
Talk about ignorant. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #2586 Thu Sep 22 2005 8:44am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>