RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > 2013 AB to 2015 AB
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

peanutbob

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver
2013 AB to 2015 AB

A few thoughts after having transferred after 19 months from a 2013 Autobiography to a 2015 model last Wednesday and having done 100 miles so far. In no particular order :

1/ In Control app is very nice. The ability to check on your car remotely, location, alarmed or not/windows/sun roof etc open or not - I often forget whether I've left the roof open or closed etc. The average mpg figures differ quite substantially ref the App and the car readout. At present, in its early stages the car says 25.7 mpg and the app 30.7 mpg. I suspect the latter is correct because having averaged 30.8 mpg in the prior vehicle, the fuel guage is not decreasing that swiftly. How the two are being calculated and reporting 5mpg difference wiser people than myself will advise!
2/ The rear tray 'gap' is much reduced, only slightly visible on the corners by looking at it from bumper height.
3/ I had 22" wheels before...not by preference, but I purchased it already ex LR showroom with these fitted. I was pretty happy with the ride quality (much better than RRS 1 with 21" wheels). But the new car has 21" wheels as standard with 45 profile tyres. What an improvement ...the wheels look great, especially in the flesh so to speak, and the ride comfort far better than I anticipated. Tyres are now Pirelli Verde from Cross Contis. Major, major improvement. No point in paying extra for 22" wheels. Tyre noise substantially reduced.
4/ Interior : seems to be a reduction in engine noise under gentle motoring, but a slightly different engine note (more like a Disco 4) under acceleration. Ebony/Pimento combo looks very expensive....almost like you've spent an extra few grand to get this.
5/ Remote park heat - £1k extra..but to press a button and have the webasto heater fire up before you get in the car is rather nice. Apparently, it can also cool the car, but I guess that's just turning fans on, rather than air con....so maybe less effective. One thing I'm not sure about, is that in the manual, it says if aux heater is used to warm engine then it will not heat the cabin...So if the exterior temp drops to circa 5 deg, does the aux heater default to warming the engine...I'm not sure.
6/ Blind spot monitoring - extra : I like this. There's been a few times on motorways when cars have crept up on the blind side and you dont see them until the last moment. Good for abroad also as works on boths mirrors. A1 safety aid.
7/ 2 extra buttons overhead - one to contact Land Rover Assist, and the other for Emergency Services.
8/ Mudflaps all round- extra. Rained all day today, and rear of car kept much cleaner. A1 fitment imo.
9/ Piano black interior - extra....a mark already from putting my I phone on the cover over the cup holders.

All in all, I am quite swiftly impressed.

Edit : on another note, on the 2013 car, the brake dust settled far more on the rear wheels rather than the front. Someone replied to my mention of this last year, that this was due to dynamic torque vectoring (or whatever it's called, as he had a Jag that did the same). However, on the 2015 car brake dust is settling far more on the front wheels, and non existent on the rears, and I have been using it generally in dynamic mode.

Post #461020 Sat May 02 2015 9:55pm
Disco

United Kingdom 
Fuel burning heater.

From Topix.

warms the engine to aid starting. Engine warming occurs if the ambient air temperature is -20 °C (-4 °F) or below.

Above that it heats the cabin.

And this as well.

engine starting. Once the FFBH coolant temperature is above a suitable threshold the blower is switched on and passenger compartment heating commenced.

So you will get both engine and cabin heating.

Post #461044 Sun May 03 2015 10:12am
peanutbob

Many thanks for the info... Thumbs Up

Post #461064 Sun May 03 2015 1:38pm
Chrisr1806

England 

Great write up, hopefully my upgrade from a 2014.5 to a 2016.5 next year will be a significant upgrade too.

Enjoy. Arrived: MY16 A/B SDV6 in Aruba, Ivory interior, piano black trim, black panoramic roof, spare wheel, blind spot monitoring, mudlaps and more... Twisted Evil

Gone but not forgotten:
2014 RRS2 SDV6 HSE in Loire Blue
2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE in Santorini Black

Post #461076 Sun May 03 2015 7:59pm
peanutbob

Addendum

Fuel sloshing noise still evident when tank over 1/2 full Shocked Rather suprised this hasn't been addressed yet!

Post #461273 Tue May 05 2015 11:12pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1