Had it detailed GTechniq
Upgrades ICE Audison

Good
The drive, lighter and agile
Interior, light comfortable with Pan roof
Fuel consumption good
Pleasing to the eye generally

The Bad
The Media control system is poor. Slow and from the ark. For example, shuts off after short time when engine off, so if listening without car running, need to restart every 5 mins. No way round this.
Don't get me started on the phone interface.
Gloss black exterior panels already look like ice rinks
Terrible Stereo, hence upgrade to Audison
Heat seating....quicker to start a small fire under the seat.
Centre console deeper than a wheelie bin, so to retrieve something is an elbow deep lucky dip.

I like it though. Better image then the property developer's wet dream, offered by previous model. Classy and generally well received. Not German, and you can tell, but getting there.

Post #460954 Sat May 02 2015 7:10am
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

Not German is a huge plus point.

Getting there? I certainly hope not. 

Post #460957 Sat May 02 2015 8:05am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Completely agree about the seat heater controls - it wasn't a step forward, more of a leap backwards. BUT if we didn't have it that way how would LR done the much demanded (by former Audi owners I suspect so blame them) syncronised zone control of the climate control? I had no problems with the dual control system, I'm the only person in the car 95% of the time so am not worried about the temperature of the passenger side. Mind you when I do have a passenger it is one thing less that they can fiddle with as I drive along if the controls are linked! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #460960 Sat May 02 2015 8:37am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Chrisr1806

England 

My 2014 model seats warm up very quickly indeed, yes it's a bit of a pain to turn them on but you soon get used to it. Interface is rather slow but a new version is on the way for new cars, so for me that's a good thing. The Piano Black trim doesn't look to great now but I'd still choose it again. I find the stereo perfectly adequate.

All minor niggles IMO, and overall a truly brilliant car. I don't fancy a boring German car that I would fall asleep driving, the faults make the car a little more interesting! Laughing Arrived: MY16 A/B SDV6 in Aruba, Ivory interior, piano black trim, black panoramic roof, spare wheel, blind spot monitoring, mudlaps and more... Twisted Evil

Gone but not forgotten:
2014 RRS2 SDV6 HSE in Loire Blue
2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE in Santorini Black

Post #460969 Sat May 02 2015 10:25am
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Well of course the stereo shuts down after a few minutes to protect the battery and allow you to restart the engine. Other modern cars do this including both my 911s. Lead acid batteries are not designed to provide significant power for long periods without being charged, if that is what is required, a fuel cell is needed.

I agree the user interface is a bit slow but it's quicker than it was in my Evoque so I'm happy. If you have the base stereo system, I expect it's under powered and uses lower quality parts. If you care at all about sound quality, you need the basic Meridian system. The signature system I have in mine is by a long way the best audio system I have ever heard in a car.

Piano black is a nightmare, textured metal is good as is the carbon fibre in the SVR where the carbon weave disguises any scratches.

As for the controls for the heated seats and so on, you either buy into the button reducing ideas or you don't. I sat in a fully optioned Porsche Macan this week and was astounded by how many buttons there are.

Like you, I am two months into mine and love it. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #460980 Sat May 02 2015 12:32pm
Robbo66

The Cayenne Turbo Diesel I drive knocks spots of it dynamically, but the image is as appalling as the look of it.

Unlike some who will worship whatever they've just bought, in an effort to justify their purchase.....I prefer to take the more independent view.

This Cayennes running gear with the aesthetic appeal of the RRS would have been ideal.

Good, but no cigar.

Post #460981 Sat May 02 2015 1:08pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I also don't find anything wrong with the media interface or the audio - my last three cars have had the HK Logic 7 or the 825w Meridian Surround sound system. What I find odd is that on a £70k car LR sees fit to fit a lesser system than on their £54k cars, but I have had no problems with the cheapo 380w system in my RRS - if I want the full on surround sound concert hall experience I go to a concert hall, the 380w Meridian does me fine for listening to DAB Radio. I also don't have any issues with the navigation system, but then I have only ever owned Land Rover products since 1996 and the demo Audi's and BM's I have tested didn't have anything at all in the way of standard fit Nav when I was looking at them to replace an L322 FFRR that did. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #461000 Sat May 02 2015 4:56pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Robbo66

DRDILL wrote:
So you are implying that my opinion that differs from yours is because i worship my purchase? Wow what a statement.
I gave my honest opinion on the media interface and i like it, i do not have any issues with it at all.
FYI there is a few things i dont like on mine, but unless i have a car bespoke made for me i dont think i will find a car that is perfect for me.

No, I'm not. You've assumed this immediately as is usual form by some on a forum.

I had an RS4 before this, and the interface was far better. You could also listen to music whilst stationary, key in, and the whole system would not shut down ...as is the case with every other car I've owned. This does, and is as annoying as the system is archaic.

As regards 'bespoke' , I'm simply suggesting that a number of design elements could have been improved on, which are many.
I'd forgotten the sloshing in the fuel tank too, but someone else mentioned this.

Please don't think that by highlighting certain issues, I'm in some way attacking you personally, your choice of car, favourite colour , favourite band or any future choices in life. I'm not. I'm offering my opinion on the car.

No car is perfect, including this one, but I am lucky enough to be able to afford one....first world issues eh.

Post #461002 Sat May 02 2015 5:13pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1