RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Forward Facing Camera factory standard fitting?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Carlo

Forward Facing Camera factory standard fitting?

Dealer has said that all cars are now fitted with a forward facing camera behind rear view mirror, mine does not seem to do anything, bought car second hand and the lane departure button below boot open/close does nothing.

Dealer thinks a software download will get lane departure and traffic sign recognition working, anyone else got this camera?
64 plate autobiography sdv6

Post #460873 Thu Apr 30 2015 6:18pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I have a 2015MY HSE Dynamic, no roadsign recognition option (I had it on the Evqoue that I had prior to the RRS) and definitely no forward facing camera. The only fitting on the back on my RVM is the sensor for the auto-on headlights. My Evoque definitely had a camera behind there as well as the sensor. BTW the camera alos works the Lane Departure system so you may have a steering wheel that vibrates when you go out of a lane or cross any white lines marking the sides of the road too, you will have an icon in the dash when it is operational. IIRC you can have the Lane Departure without the Roadsign Recognition. The roadsign recognition is one of the few things I miss from my last Evoque too (along with the heated steering wheel!) 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #460885 Thu Apr 30 2015 8:23pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
TDV8AB

I'm pretty sure lane departure warning uses the cameras fitted in the wing mirrors to monitor the lane.

Cameras are not fitted as standard to the RVM, just the light and rain sensor.

High beam assist gets a camera but not the same one as the 'full works' traffic sign recognition one.

Post #460887 Thu Apr 30 2015 9:20pm
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

Both use the same forward facing camera mounted in the mirror. I think. 

Post #460889 Thu Apr 30 2015 9:56pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Yes, the surround camera option is not a pre-req to lane departure and traffic sign recognition which come as a pair.

I haven't worked out how the auto headlamp dip works; it's not just a simple light detector because it is not fooled by things like light reflected back from road signs. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #460894 Fri May 01 2015 9:22am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Mark I found the autodipping headlights could get confused sometimes, have you had any experience of this? I liked them but sometimes on the country roads I drive they would auto-dip for an oncoming car long after I would have dipped but then they would not come up to full beam again and I would have to over-ride the system. I did like it, as I also liked the roadsign recognition - after the first motorway trip I switched the lane departure warning off though - on country roads with lots of overtaking oportunities I didn't like to be told I was wandering across the white line when I was doing it intenionally, however I did like the fact that it could pick up the verge/kerb where the local council has painted a solid white line along the road edge, even in the Evoque it was good to know sometimes that you might have strayed too close to the edge of the tarred road 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #460898 Fri May 01 2015 10:15am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1