Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > Remote Park Heat / Cool
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

iainm

United Kingdom 
Remote Park Heat / Cool

Hope weekend going well everyone.

Quick question as I can't find the answer from A my dealer has they don't respond to mails now that they have sold me the car and B the online manuals

How do I either cool or heat the car by setting the temperature, or does the car decide itself whether it needs to heat or cool depending on ambient temperature?

Just tried it in the drive with the sun shining and got into a sauna!!!

TIA

Apologies - just noticed, posted in the section...

Post #460502 Sun Apr 26 2015 1:44pm
Hedders007

Hi Iainm,

I too have ordered Park Heating, but delivery not until the Autumn so I can only give an educated guess rather than the facts!

As I understand it, once set up with a desired temperature (say 22 degs) Park Heating should do what is required to achieve this over a twenty minute cycle. It will fire up the fuel powered heater if cold, and turn on fans if warm. It will only work ONCE between each engine start - presumably to safeguard the battery!

Hope someone "in the know" can give more details!

H.

Post #460507 Sun Apr 26 2015 3:03pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

I don't know if L494 is any different from the previous model in this regard (I wouldn't think so) but can share how it works in RRS1. If timed climate or remote climate is activated, in cold weather the auxiliary fuel burning heater fires up and cabin heating comes on. In warm weather, there is no need for aux heater obviously and just the fan or ventilation comes on. In both cases it automatically turns off after 20 mins (or if battery charge level goes below a certain threshold). You have to leave the climate control on auto when turning the car off for timed/remote climate to start as programmed or when the "on" button on the remote pressed. However, I am not sure if tries to achieve the temperature set on climate control dials but based on ambient temperature it knows when to warm the car up and when to ventilate and cool down. Also, if the battery doesn't have a decent amount of charge, it won't work (to preserve energy to be able to start the car). For the aux heater to work, the car needs to have enough fuel (more than a quarter tank I think). Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #460509 Sun Apr 26 2015 4:40pm
iainm

United Kingdom 

Thanks guys for the answers........ appreciate it

Now all I have to decide is whether to paint the sills and bumper corners in Aleutian or have them in gloss black - either way I can't stand the grainy effect mixed with the gloss on the mirrors and the roof.

Post #460555 Mon Apr 27 2015 6:49am
Fletcher

England 

Hi, Do you think park heater might fade out as it cost £1000 but you can do it remotely from your phone with the app thing for £650 or standard fitment on the ab or svr . Remotely sets air con by starting the cars engine .

Post #461650 Sat May 09 2015 8:18pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

I have specified RPH on mine but was thinking the same about cancelling it. Got in touch with Pete @ LR to get details about the proposed new features but he said it won't work like that. Here: http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/post459865.html#459865 Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone

Post #461652 Sat May 09 2015 8:51pm
Willywilson1980

United Kingdom 

Thinking about adding timed climate or remote park heat to my 2012MY HSE. Anyone know which is best and is it worth getting both?

Post #475327 Mon Oct 05 2015 8:03am
Hedders007

It's the same thing! £1,000 well spent!
You can activate the Fuel Burning Heater one of three ways....

Set up Timed Climate on the Infortainment screen,
Activate using the supplied extra Key Fob,
Activate using the smartphone App

Warms up the car when it's cold - brilliant!
Turns on fans only to cool when it's hot - not had a chance to try that yet!

Highly recommended.

H.

Post #475340 Mon Oct 05 2015 8:46am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

On L494 without RPH is it possible to enable the timed park heat like it was in Mk1 RRS or has LR gor smart to that one? 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #475342 Mon Oct 05 2015 8:52am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
fkarim

United Kingdom 

No RPH = No FBH in L494. So yes, they have closed that hole Tim. I added RPH to my order because otherwise you don't get Fuel Burning Heater to aid engine warm up (even when you don't use remote/timed climate). I personally would have struggled to spend £1k just for remote/app/timed climate but when I brought lack of FBH into consideration, it became an easy decision for me. Having experienced how long my previous car took to warm up one sub-zero morning when the FBH decided it was a "rest day", I started to appreciate it a lot more. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top

Post #475343 Mon Oct 05 2015 9:10am
Tim in Scotland

I couldn't have specced it as I bought a car that went into build 2 days after I said I would buy it so had to take it as it was. I have been spoiled with the Evoque where park heat isn't necessary as it has an electric heater that doesn't require any engine heat at all to warm the car, start it up and you have hot air straight away! Also had a heated steering wheel to go with the heated seats so RPH or timed heat wasn't necessary either. I don't know why LR have not added the PTC ceramic heaters to RRS and FFRR too, not even sure if the Disco Sport has one. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #475345 Mon Oct 05 2015 9:45am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Well, now that you've mentioned it, are you sure yours doesn't have the the electric heater? May be they all do which is why LR don't add the FBH as standard.

Btw I wasn't trying to suggest I did something clever by ordering RPH and anyone who hasn't done it "made a mistake" (I understand in your case you didn't even have a choice). There are certain things I now think I should have gone for but realised when it was too late Embarassed Getting 21" diamond turned wheels instead of 20" is the main one. Let's see how long the 21s stay unmarked. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top

Post #475346 Mon Oct 05 2015 10:11am
Tim in Scotland

Big Cry I managed to put a small scuff on the front nearside 22" of mine on Friday......... on my own drive! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #475352 Mon Oct 05 2015 11:46am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1