RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Evoque Plus coming soon - strange!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

RRSman

United Kingdom 
Evoque Plus coming soon - strange!

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars...anned-2016

Where does that leave the RRS? I can see many people opt for this over a Sport now....strange move by Land Rover.

Post #459999 Tue Apr 21 2015 1:40pm
jimbg

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Still looks like an ewok!! Thud

You can keep as far as I am concerned. Thumbs Up 2023 P440e SE Dynamic on order -cancelled

2022 HSE Dynamic P400e

2017 Discovery 3.0 HSE Silicon Silver Nimbus interior and a few extra toys SOLD

2013 HSE Black, Orkney Grey, Ebony Seats and Ivory Interior SOLD

2006 HSE

Plus a few other cars inbetween!

Post #460002 Tue Apr 21 2015 2:10pm
Renaco

Germany 

seems thats just an second option/version of the Discovery Sport.
I am sure they will use the same platform, if they will bring this car, as it makes sense to safe costs and get a higher margin out of the big Evoque.

For the small functional SUV the Discovery Sport already sits exacly between Evoque and RRS. Think they can bring the Evoque XL later, if the sales for Discovery Sport are going down, but thats in 2 Years earliest.

I dont think the RRS will loose a lot of sales against the bigger Evoqe, as it is still another "class".

Post #460004 Tue Apr 21 2015 2:17pm
362bkr

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

Im afraid its a NO from me......... Crying or Very sad

Post #460011 Tue Apr 21 2015 2:28pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

It's a big fat no from me too but I just find the whole motive of Land Rover launching this car really odd! Lets hope it looks very different to the RRS so not to dilute the brand image of our lovely cars Thumbs Up

I can still see many jump for this though as a cheaper alternative to the RRS

Post #460013 Tue Apr 21 2015 2:29pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

It is the answer to several questions over on the Evoque Forums

- RRS is way too expensive for many Evoque owners to move up to - especially since the SE model was deleted from the range.

- LR cannot fit any bigger engine in the Evoque than the current 2.2 Td or Si4 Petrol. Quite a few owners have been put off buying again because they want a bit more smoothness and oomph and that can be provided with the Jagaur V6 Supercharged and SDv6 3.0.

- Evoque Plus shares 100% of it's under pinnings and engines with the F-Pace - LR must be worried that Jag will have a car in a new niche that LR doesn't have one in

- Evqoue cannot compete with the Porsche Macan which many claim is a direct rival - the Plus would allow the engines that would allow Evoque to compete with the Macan, at least on power terms. It doesn't stand a hope in hell of competing if LR don't also improve the quality of the bits used to build the Evoque or improve the quality of the build so it at least gets somewhere close to the Macan/Tiguan/SQ3/5. My last Evqoue was the worst built Land Rover product of all the 10 previous Land Rovers I've owned - full of rattles (some of which could not be cured without removing both the panoramic roof and the front screen..................... to get into the header rail to fix the InControl wiring - oh and the entire headlining was going to have to come down.) Even worse than the Disco1 I owned back in 1996. My first Evoque was brilliantly built, but it was a high spec launch day delivery so extra care was putr into the QC. My RRS is way way better built than my last Evoque 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #460024 Tue Apr 21 2015 3:46pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
alexv

United Kingdom 

I think it looks odd and at £65k for a high spec, surely a way of losing a lot of money fast! On order expected October 16 macan turbo
Current car MY15 Hse Dynamic
Cayenne v6 MY64
RRS MY13 Black edition
Discovery MY61 xs
RRS TDV6 MY07
XC90 Executive
Yada yada yada

Post #460070 Tue Apr 21 2015 9:18pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I'm not averse to that new vehicle. If it does come with air suspension as noted in the piece then I think it'll be attractive to many. More comfortable on road than the Evoque and more capable off road too. I'd prefer to see the Disco Sport with air suspension - that would make more sense.

Not quite sure on LR's plans other than to have a seamless line up of price points. It makes me fear that the Disco 5 will be too overpriced and overly styled to be usable as anything other than a family bus.

Hate to think what the Defender will be like... 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #460092 Tue Apr 21 2015 10:35pm
Baco

Belgium 

I think this will be quite interesting for people who like the Evoque but find it a bit too small and who would like a bit more performance than the current engines. Could be quite interesting for those that find the RRS a bit 'too much' imho, but still want to shop within the Range Rover range

Post #460306 Fri Apr 24 2015 6:39am
simon645

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

362bkr wrote:
Im afraid its a NO from me......... Crying or Very sad
And A big NO from me, RRS has nothing to worry about with that evoke lol

Post #460333 Fri Apr 24 2015 1:17pm
ironada

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I think it looks pretty good and I agree with the sentiment about entry level price. I can't afford a new Sport yet, especially not the spec I would like, but this might make more sense (we need the space to transport kids to and from boarding school) and I would probably achieve the spec I want in my price range too. The Disco Sport offers us a similar proposition but it's a Land Rover as opposed to a Range Rover (if you know what I mean....) despite being a decent car; a new Discovery will probably be too expensive as well (those badge specs again!). In sum, it's about choices for the consumer - we tend to pick what satisfies us (and that varies enormously) across an affordable resource range (which clearly differs too). My only concern is that sales success at Land Rover will lead to over-ambitious pricing (is it already there with the Disco Sport?) which will start to crack open the sales boom (even given a bit of lag), once it hits a ceiling and begins to be seen as cynical profit grabbing...just my thoughts of course. HSE Black - Orkney Grey, ivory leather, privacy glass, tow bar. GBNF - Discover 4 XS Nara Bronze (11); Discovery 3 HSE, Zermatt Silver (57); Discovery 3 HSE, Buckingham Blue (55); Volvo V70 Titanium SE (53); Audi A4 1.9 TDI SE, Denim Blue (02); Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 6, Black (99-V); VW Corrado VR6, Red (92-K); Toyota MR2, Racing Green (94-M); Nissan Sunny GTI, Red (92-K); Mk1 Toyota MR2 T-bar, Red (89-G); Citroen AX GT, Red (87-E); Talbot Horizon, Snot Green (83-A, I think).

Post #460342 Fri Apr 24 2015 3:01pm
URX

Scotland 

wont be buying that I dont't think... too much Ewok dna to be a real alternative to the RRS

Post #460343 Fri Apr 24 2015 3:39pm
RRSTDV8

The RRS is stuffed with Evoque DNA - just look at the lights, the silly plastic bits on the bonnet, the rear end, the dashboard. Rolling with laughter 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders

Post #460362 Fri Apr 24 2015 6:06pm
RRSTDV8

ironada wrote:
The Disco Sport offers us a similar proposition but it's a Land Rover as opposed to a Range Rover (if you know what I mean....) despite being a decent car

Yes, it's the same badge-led focus that allows Audi to charge more than Skoda for what is basically the same car... Whistle 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders

Post #460363 Fri Apr 24 2015 6:08pm
mikef

United Kingdom 

ironada wrote:
. My only concern is that sales success at Land Rover will lead to over-ambitious pricing (is it already there with the Disco Sport?) which will start to crack open the sales boom (even given a bit of lag), once it hits a ceiling and begins to be seen as cynical profit grabbing...just my thoughts of course.

Agreed. L-R is already taking the Censored with their pricing which means sooner or later they'll have to discount the RR and RRS to shift them. That will affect used values as will new models below the RRS because some potential used RRS buyers will be tempted to buy a new Evoque Plus or Discovery Sport instead. IMHO, L-R are devaluing their brand by attempting to fill every niche with a proliferation of new models.

Post #460790 Wed Apr 29 2015 8:54pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>