This is old but relevant?

http://www.carkeys.co.uk/features/industry/2005/6070.asp

Would think that the RRS would get this next year Cool

Post #3718 Fri Oct 21 2005 1:42am
noddy

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

nickp wrote:
RRfan

Also the current TDV6 engine is not Euro IV compliant so will this mean that this can't be sold after Dec 2005 ? I am not sure of the legislation .

My understanding is that it's not the newer Peugeot-derived TDV6 lump but the old BMW-sourced TD6 (in the big RR) which will be non-compliant to EuroIV? and is it Dec 05 or 06 when the rules are to be enforced? dunno.
but surely no manufacturer would launch a new car (the RRS) with an engine which would fail emissions regs so soon?

Anyway I'm still muliing over whether to order a new RRS with the V8 smoker in it.. Confused

RRUK - you must be so chuffed that the S/C engine wasn't designed by the French!
Wink Wink Wink

Nod RRS Supercharged
Java/ Ivory

'94 F355, '90 M3 Evo, '95 Integrale Evo, '97 Cooper S Works, '84 911 Cab, '89 911 Speedster, '85 6R4, '59 Routemaster and something sensible for the Mrs

Post #3725 Fri Oct 21 2005 10:16am
MDP

United Kingdom 

hokoyo wrote:
This is old but relevant?

http://www.carkeys.co.uk/features/industry/2005/6070.asp

Would think that the RRS would get this next year Cool

Great stuff Very Happy , every article seems to be saying the same thing. Its all adding up. 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #3726 Fri Oct 21 2005 10:20am
hokoyo

Australia 

noddy wrote:

Anyway I'm still muliing over whether to order a new RRS with the V8 smoker in it.. Confused

Nod

But here the dealers are in denial, from there point of view if this is correct then they are already selling redundant vehicles.

Two question's though on the Euro compliance, i assume that it requires low sulphur diesel, not sure if ours would meet those requirements, or can the engines run on lower quality diesel?

Again the target market would America, do they have "clean" diesel in the States?

Post #3796 Sat Oct 22 2005 12:38am
grommet

United States 

"Clean Diesel" will appear in 2007 in USA... and all new diesel passenger vehicles must use it, and meet the new emission standards. California and New York won't be the only "tough on emissions" states anymore.

Post #3797 Sat Oct 22 2005 3:10am
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

I would suggest that Dealerships are denying the V8D because they don't want to encourage potential Sport buyers to wait until it is due in the range, and would rather they purchase a car NOW instead. Simple Logic.

I thought the TDV6 was a Jaguar unit? That's what I read in LRO magazine, I've never heard mention of it coming from Peugeot. L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #3806 Sat Oct 22 2005 1:09pm
RRfan

Scotland 

The Ford -Peogeot diesel tie up goes back to 2003 when the 1.4 diesel was jointly produced in the new monster diesel factory somewhere in France, then the 2.0 litre diesel, now the posh TDV6 for Jaguar, RR, RRS, disco , 607 and new 407.
These families of engines are scattered through out the Ford/Peugeot/Citroem brands

I think the V8 is developed by Ford itself and is not in the same cooperative link up with Peugeot as I believe it is really the TDV6 with an extra set of cylinders -(which would also explain the slightly disappointing output figures).

Considering that the TDV6 is in th S type jag - it also would make sense that the V8 go into the XJ similar to sticking the V8 into the RR so as to differentiate between S-type / RRS and XJ/RR for the top range models (at least in price) if not style! RRSprt HSE TDV6 - Artic Frost, Tow pack, Privacy glass.

Previous 10 yrs with P38 JE Engineered, coil sprung DT
Previous 10 yrs Classic V8 Supercharged

Post #3813 Sat Oct 22 2005 1:54pm
l

Spain 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

How fast will the new V8 be 130mph maybe. Why are Range Rover so prudent with their diesel engines? Look at Mercedes up tp 4.0 CDI RRS TDV6 HSE BUCKINGHAM BLUE BLACK LEATHER INTERIOR RHODIUM TASMOD SILLS PARROT 3000 EVOLUTION WHITE SIDE REPEATERS RRPORT.CO.UK BROLLY & STICKER
HOW GOOD IS THIS CAR!!!!
8 YEARS AND STILL GETTING LOOKS

Post #3828 Sun Oct 23 2005 7:19am
hokoyo

Australia 

Channel 4 have got these shots

http://www.channel4.com/4car/gallery/spysh...sport.html

Post #3930 Tue Oct 25 2005 9:36am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

It would be good to have some audio to go with it, eh? Wink 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #3952 Tue Oct 25 2005 12:19pm
Martin
Site Administrator & Owner

United Kingdom 

I've seen a Sport with a silver version of that grille (the one on the Channel 4 link) running around locally at home (Gaydon/Banbury area).

Didn't think much of it until now Shocked Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Post #3962 Tue Oct 25 2005 2:20pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
tasmod

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

===

Last edited by tasmod on Tue Jan 14 2014 1:29pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #3963 Tue Oct 25 2005 3:03pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

By the same token the bigger and more powerful diesel would allow the Sport moniker to be more meaningful throughout the RRS range given it's only the SC which really goes anywhere near what you might call "performance".... Like you say, LR will end up doing what they want regardless of the views of their customers.

Cheers
Steve 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #3964 Tue Oct 25 2005 3:18pm
Pelyma

England 

As I've said a while back this RRS ,but it isn't a mule,has been going out to the continent for some time presumably for testing on the Nuremburgring. A couple of months back my parents went to Belgium and it was parked next to them on the ferry. I don't think RRS was ever a mule, the D3 platform had an Explorer body mule and the original Freelander had a Maestro van mule, with the latest Freelander mule being the current Freelander body.

The original plan was a V10 or 12 but weight was a problem apparently. BTW for those that are concerned about the engine being a Peugeot/Citroen the TDV6 is used in the latest Citroen (C6?) and is about 220bhp.

Post #3982 Tue Oct 25 2005 8:40pm
d3matt

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey
V8 out in Sept 2006

In the November issue of "4x4 & MPV Driver" magazine, it says the new V8 diesel will be out in around September 2006 and will be in the Range Rover & Sport.
The also say that the Defender will be get changes next year - mainly changing the side mounted rear chairs (soon to be banned) with front facing seats. Also a new Defender will be out in 2007. Matt
-------------------------------------------
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #4083 Thu Oct 27 2005 12:16pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>