fkarim

United Kingdom 
MY16 Autobiography Dynamic

Deposit paid several days ago, didn't get a chance to post the spec before:

Autobiography Dynamic SDV6
Carpathian Grey - Premium Metallic
Contrast Full Size Sliding Panoramic Roof - Santorini Black
Privacy Glass
Ebony/Ivory with Ebony/Ivory Oxford Leather Autobiography Patterned seats, Ivory Alston Headlining, Dark Engine Turned Aluminium finishers
60:40 Folding Rear Seats with Load Through
21 inch five split-spoke 'Style 507' with Diamond Turned Finish
20 inch Red Brembo Brake Calipers
Full Size Spare Wheel
Remote Park Heat with Timed Climate
Power Adjustable, Heated, Power fold Exterior Mirrors with Auto Dimming
Blind Spot Monitoring with Closing Vehicle Sensing and Reverse Traffic Detection
Twin Blade Sunvisor
Extra Large Additional Washer Bottle
Fixed Side Steps
Front & Rear Mud Flaps
5 Year Service Plan

September delivery. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Last edited by fkarim on Fri May 08 2015 10:53am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #459020 Mon Apr 13 2015 10:33am
Dave777

United Kingdom 

Looks an excellent choice. The wait will feel forever!!!

Post #459083 Mon Apr 13 2015 9:10pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Thanks. Strangely I am not feeling impatient. Not right now anyway. Perhaps the reason is that my current one has the same gearbox and engine, although tweaked for an additional 51 bhp and 100 Nm torque (which shouldn't be underestimated). Very happy with my RRS1 and still look forward to every journey in it but that doesn't mean I should keep it forever. May be I will want the new one sooner in the coming weeks/months. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone

Post #459094 Mon Apr 13 2015 10:16pm
myfirstrrs

United Kingdom 

Looks like a great spec fkarim but why no heated steering wheel? I love mine and they were originally a £150 option, probably a lot more now but very useful.

Post #459106 Tue Apr 14 2015 8:17am
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Heated steering wheel is standard on AB. Even if it wasn't, I probably wouldn't have bothered. I have remote park heating in the current one and to me that is a must. So I specced it on the new one. Even more important in RRS2 IMHO because as far as I know, not ticking it means you don't get the fuel fired heater that was standard in RRS1 (with or without RPH and timed climate) which meant the car warmed up much quicker after starting even in the absence of RPH. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top

Post #459108 Tue Apr 14 2015 8:47am
362bkr

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

Did they offer you a SENSIBLE P/x price ?

Post #459121 Tue Apr 14 2015 9:54am
fkarim

United Kingdom 

The p/ex price wasn't too unreasonable. However, how relevant it is 5 months down the line is the important question. I will try to negotiate it when they revalue it a month before the new one arrives if the figure goes down too much. Might try selling privately if I am not happy with the p/ex. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top

Post #459123 Tue Apr 14 2015 10:04am
Maidenmania

United Kingdom 

I had same problem and don't fancy the deal they would offer in 5 months so I sold mine last night. So now no Range Rover and I have to wait for the new one 2008 Factory HST- Sold
Arrived 2016 HSE carpathian grey

Post #459129 Tue Apr 14 2015 11:12am
fkarim

United Kingdom 

I thought about doing that too but it is our only car. Can't be without a car all Spring & Summer and hiring something would probably cost the same as 5 month depreciation (haven't done any maths on this though). Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top

Post #459131 Tue Apr 14 2015 11:34am
Maidenmania

United Kingdom 

Have you been given a definite September delivery. 2008 Factory HST- Sold

Post #459291 Wed Apr 15 2015 6:52pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

They were like "we are quoting September but even if it is ready for August, we would recommend waiting until Sep to get the 65 reg".

To be honest, I don't even know if my order is in the system yet because I was told the online system hadn't been updated to cater for MY16 changes and they would have to do a manual order the old fashioned way. I made sure they had the spec right on paper before signing (emails back and forth a few times) to avoid any surprises come delivery time.

Been too busy to chase them up about status but I was assured I would be contacted if there was any problem. I hope they will do so because I think (could be wrong) that my deposit is fully refundable until the order hits LR Wink Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top

Post #459320 Wed Apr 15 2015 10:23pm
Maidenmania

United Kingdom 

Pretty much the same as I was told 2008 Factory HST- Sold

Post #459360 Thu Apr 16 2015 9:44am
Cloudman

United Kingdom 

I'm considering the Carpathian grey....has anyone seen it in the flesh? Also, isn't remote heating now controlled through the App? This is from their MY16 spec:

New feature added to the InControl Offering -> InControlTM Remote Premium.
Includes the following functionality which can be controlled via the InControl smartphone app:
> Remote Climate Control / Remote Vehicle Interaction / Remote Control Cabin Heater.
> Remote Engine Start to support Remote Climate Control

Post #459501 Fri Apr 17 2015 2:11pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

I have seen Corris in the flesh and Carpathian looked a bit darker than Corris in the pictures. This would make it a very dark grey. I am hoping dealers will get sample plates in a few weeks' time and I can take a look and change if I don't like it.

App may be another way of controlling heating but I think it will only be useful in an unstarted car if the aux heater is also fitted which only comes as part of remote park heating as I understand.

However, with "remote start" using InControl, I am also wondering whether it is worth having remote heating. If I can start the car in advance, it will be warm in a few minutes as I leave climate control on auto.

Having said that, the fuel fired aux heater does get the temperature up really quickly in a started car even if it hasn't been pre-warmed. I could tell straightaway one day when it was +3 degrees and the heater didn't fire up - took ages for the engine temp guage to reach the mid point and for the cabin to warm up. So may be worth the £1k Confused

I will ask Pete to clarify and update here Thumbs Up Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top

Post #459502 Fri Apr 17 2015 2:36pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Have you asked the dealer to throw in a secondary anti-theft device like a Discloc or Stoploc? It seems that Autobiographies are the thief's favourite target............... even when fitted with InControl Remote and Secure. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #459517 Fri Apr 17 2015 3:52pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>