RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Land Rover tracker
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Maidenmania

United Kingdom 
Land Rover tracker

The sale man who I orderd my car through mentioned the 2015 car has a cat 6 tracker factory fit. Does anyone know how good these are, is there a subscription and will they be acceptable to insurance company. Thanks for any help 2008 Factory HST- Sold
Arrived 2016 HSE carpathian grey

Post #457815 Tue Mar 31 2015 7:03pm
Nowaytk

England 

The Land Rover cat 6 tracker is now fitted as standard on UK cars and I beleive is active for the 3 year warranty period, how much the subscription is after that I don't know. It does let you know if your car is moving without the ignition on, but if you're the victim of a keyless theft the first you will know is when you look out of your window at the empty spot. I beleive some members have got cat 5 trackers fitted as you also need a fob/card present which you would keep on your person and not leave in the vehicle, so if it moves without this then it would be activated. What with all the reported keyless thefts I would've thought LR could've upgraded to cat 5 ? Can't be too much more cost wise, even if they shared some of the cost with the customer Rolling Eyes
I assume the insurance companies would know MY15 cars come with trackers as standard, but does the cat 5 get an extra discount, I don't know, but would hope someone will be along in a mo to answer that one Thumbs Up 2015 HSE SDV6 Scotia Grey, ebony / lunar, colour coded, deployable steps, TV, sliding pano and a few other bits. Now gone
2018 Velar R-Dynamic HSE sdv6 silicon silver

Post #457825 Tue Mar 31 2015 8:38pm
JSR2014

England 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

I just got a cat 5 fitted. No idea on insurance until renewal! 2014.5 Mariana Black 5.0 Supercharged V8 Autobiography

Post #457830 Tue Mar 31 2015 9:25pm
robbo770

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

I just got one fitted as non I surable now without it any LR😳😳😳

Cost with 3 yrs 1k Exclamation None currently

Gone
rejected RRS autobi Dynamic MY14.5 (Peter Vardy 👎)
D3 XXV full conversion
4.2 SC FFRR
4.4 FFRR
Freelander 1

Post #457838 Tue Mar 31 2015 9:52pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

No problems with Land Rover Insurance - despite changing from a 2.2ltSD4 £54000 Evoque to a £70,000 and SDv6 HSE Dynamic there was no increase in premium for this year either. My Evoque had the same InControl Secure system fitted too. Subscription for first 3 years is included in the cost of the car. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #457839 Tue Mar 31 2015 9:56pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Old Stager

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

My insurers (Zurich Private Clients) are happy with CAT 6. I guess you need to check with your specific insurance company - they'll all probably have different requirements. 14.5MY SDV6 HSE Dynamic Indus silver/lunar/ebony 20" wheels, InControl, full-size spare, electric tow bar, adaptive xenons, adaptive cruise control, auto main beam assist. Gone: TDV8 HSE; Zermatt silver/ebony, 19" off road alloys, active diff, particle filter, tow pack (it was fun) BMW 730D SE (great car, sadly missed). Ford Focus RS mk2, Ultimate green, lux pack 2, bluetooth. The start of my mid-life crisis.
IN THE GARAGE: BMW i8 - the mid-life crisis continues and it's great fun.

Post #457840 Tue Mar 31 2015 10:40pm
sally

United Kingdom 

Anything MY15 (with the exception of the defender) will have the cat 6 security. I used Admiral for the SVR insurance and they didnt care what security levels i had. They were also the cheapest. Give them a try. 2012 Evoque
2014 Sport Autobiography
2015 SVR for the fun stuff
2016 Evoque SI4 Dynamic Lux for the daily drive
2016 Defender 90
2018 SVR

Post #457856 Wed Apr 01 2015 9:37am
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

I agree about Admiral - I have their multi-car policy with the maximum of 5 cars on it and the total for 2400 bhp's worth of cars is about £1800. They were fine with the Cat 6.

The difference between Cat 5 and 6 is that with Cat 5, you have a separate token which has to be in the car when you drive otherwise there's a security alert. It provides better protection in the event of key cloning because even with a valid key which allows you to start the car, the thieves need the token as well which they can steal but cannot reproduce. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #457857 Wed Apr 01 2015 9:45am
JSR2014

Mark - that is unless you keep the token in your wallet...which you then leave in the car!

I am having so many contradicting thoughts on where to keep the token. If thieves break in to my house steal the keys, I assume they'll take my wallet as well thus negating the Cat5 benefit....if I keep it in my jacket then it might fall out, I'm not going to leave it in the car....ARGH the frustration!!

A family member suggested I stick it to my keys Rolling Eyes Laughing Rolling with laughter Big Cry

Oh - and agreed on Admiral, I have 0 NCB (New Policy) and the 5.0SC AB cost me in the region of £800 PA (without tracker). 2014.5 Mariana Black 5.0 Supercharged V8 Autobiography

Last edited by JSR2014 on Wed Apr 01 2015 12:12pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #457861 Wed Apr 01 2015 9:55am
Maidenmania

United Kingdom 

Thanks for all the replies...really helpful. Really dont want my RR nicked when its delivered so still not too sure what to do. Ive looked at steering locks but they can be taken off in less than a minute so if someone is going to the trouble of cloning a key im sure they will learn how to get a steering lock off as well. As for the cat 5 im with you guys (and gal) where to keep it. The hassles of owning a nice vehicle 2008 Factory HST- Sold
Arrived 2016 HSE carpathian grey

Post #457871 Wed Apr 01 2015 12:07pm
Nowaytk

England 

The way I look at it is, if you have been targeted then they will get it, if it means my family aren't harmed by someone trying to find additional fobs/keys etc then that can only be a good thing. All it means is a bit of inconvenience until a new one comes, that's what I pay insurance and gap insurance for. Life's too short to be worrying all the time Thumbs Up 2015 HSE SDV6 Scotia Grey, ebony / lunar, colour coded, deployable steps, TV, sliding pano and a few other bits. Now gone
2018 Velar R-Dynamic HSE sdv6 silicon silver

Post #457898 Wed Apr 01 2015 3:49pm
Tim in Scotland

I have a Stop-Loc steering wheel clamp from Halfords. The thoery is that today's thieves come equipped with a laptop or tablet and connect up to the OBD port............ and they don't know what a hacksaw is for and that delays them for longer. The stop lock also has a flashing red LED on it to show that there is soemthing else there.
First thing I tried on my Evoque (with I/C Secure) was the Discloc but the size supposed to fit the Evoque's steeriing wheel was about 2mm too small and it is unweildy to take off and put on and could damage the steering wheel. Next probelm with the StopLoc was although it was the right size to clamp over the steering wheel and it did the job, for the length of time I have to leave the car it also marked the steering wheel leather with indents. These did come out over a period of 3 weeks and with some help from the heated steering wheel heater, but annoying. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #457899 Wed Apr 01 2015 3:51pm
sally

United Kingdom 

Nowaytk wrote:
The way I look at it is, if you have been targeted then they will get it, if it means my family aren't harmed by someone trying to find additional fobs/keys etc then that can only be a good thing. All it means is a bit of inconvenience until a new one comes, that's what I pay insurance and gap insurance for. Life's too short to be worrying all the time Thumbs Up

Thumbs Up 2012 Evoque
2014 Sport Autobiography
2015 SVR for the fun stuff
2016 Evoque SI4 Dynamic Lux for the daily drive
2016 Defender 90
2018 SVR

Post #457982 Thu Apr 02 2015 8:57am
JSR2014

Whilst I agree, not many thieves are going to know that the car has the Cat5 so they won't look for the fob, I would assume they'd want to be in and out of the house (if they even bother to try and get the key) as fast as possible.

If they were to do the worst and make threats I'd say its not got a tracker, they'd never know...until it was too late...surely? 2014.5 Mariana Black 5.0 Supercharged V8 Autobiography

Post #457986 Thu Apr 02 2015 9:05am
Tim in Scotland

All the latest UK supplied Land Rover Products except Defender and Disco4 come with InControl Secure, theives broke into my house twice looking for the keys to my first Evoque and my L322 FFRR - they got nothing because the keys weren't left there. You also need to remember that there is a distance to the car even from inside the house when the car will still detect the fob so if you have an integral garage be very careful where in the hgouse you leave the keys as the car might not be locked even inside a garage.......... I'm now just as worried about having my smartphone stolen as that will guide them to the car unless the app is fully logged out after each use rather than just closed. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #457994 Thu Apr 02 2015 9:39am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>