RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Brake caliper removal
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

shakeapaw

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black
Brake caliper removal

Morning, so I had three days off, so what do you do, you change the front discs to slotted and drilled ones, painted black, repaint the calipers red ( Brembos fitted as standard ) and put in a new pair of pads. Good idea one may think, however when I came to the nearside wheel, the caliper bolts would not come undo, they cracked easy enough with a 600mm pry bar, but the bolts are just as tight 3 full turns later, and in fact seemed to be getting stiffer. After an hour of messing about, loads of wd40 and tightening/untightening I gave up and put it all back togeather, plus it had stated to rain Sad
So, as the drivers side was very easy to do, with nothing over tight, why is the passenger side beginning to turn into a nightmare, I honestly think something would have snapped if I would have carried on, a 600m pry bar with me pulling down on it with all my might can't be doing the bolt, or myself any good Confused
So guys, what's my next step? 07,TDV8,Black, Black Heated leather all round, Rear Entertainment with Headpones & Remote, TV, DVD, Pure Dab Digital Radio, Sidesteps, Adaptive Headlights, sunroof, now working fuel burning heater Smile)))

Post #457863 Wed Apr 01 2015 10:37am
Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

Something doesn't sound right, that's for sure.

Wheres DiscoMikey, he's done a few brembos Laughing Thumbs Up Bodsys Brake Bible
Software Updates Contact me
RRS Timed Heat/Remote kits - Contact me
BAS Engine Re-maps/ EGR Blank EuIII and EuIV
Clock On The Dash/ SNOTM /3Flash / BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes read\ Gearbox Reset
See it HERE

Post #457869 Wed Apr 01 2015 11:30am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Disco_Mikey

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

Sounds like the threads have been damaged, and have picked up on the way out...

Been there before with a single bolt, just worked it in and out for ages, and it eventually cleaned a useable thread

Post #457878 Wed Apr 01 2015 12:37pm
shakeapaw

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

I was hopeing you would confirm that all I had to do was work it in and out for hours and hours and hours Razz
oh the joy Laughing Laughing Laughing Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 07,TDV8,Black, Black Heated leather all round, Rear Entertainment with Headpones & Remote, TV, DVD, Pure Dab Digital Radio, Sidesteps, Adaptive Headlights, sunroof, now working fuel burning heater Smile)))

Post #457890 Wed Apr 01 2015 2:15pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1