RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > HELP.... dilemma
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

4ntG

England 
HELP.... dilemma

I recently decided to buy a used car. Have a budget of 15k and seen a few RRS on auto trader and other websites.
I have always wanted one and running cost is not a problem unless I end up getting constant issues with it. The one i have seen is
2005 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE with 69k miles.
http://www.yardleywoodmotorcompany.co.uk/u...3221966345

I have read loads of reviews and forums threads on every site available over the last few days and all seem to have constant issues and repair cost to contend with.

is the above a safe option to buy. Like I say running it is not an issue but I don't want there to be one problem after the other. I intend on keeping to his for about 2-3 years then Look for something else. what does everyone think?
Should I or shouldn't I go for this? Mileage seems low for year and had this verified, but I guess I'm looking for opinions from people with experience as this would be my first LR. I'm going to look at it tomorrow but what should I look out for?

thanks
Ant

Post #457199 Thu Mar 26 2015 12:52am
PEACHY

England 

Welcome to the forum Thumbs Up

Bit of a way to come from Yorkshire down to sunny Brum Rolling with laughter

Pic 1 : Wheels look like replica 22` Overfinch - check for cracks on the inside of the rims. Tyres need to be 35 side wall or above. Mirror cover & side vents - not genuine - look like after market - make sure the cover is not just stuck on - they become loose over time.

Pic 3 : HST Front Grill - not standard but individuals choice.

Pic 5 : Privacy glass looks like an added extra ( cant tell from pics ). Badged up as TDV8 - but the RRS is the 2.7 variant. Lower tailgate lettering seems uneven & looks different colour from the bonnet decals.

Overall - the door handles have been painted or changed which is ok if done well. Again they might just be stick on covers. The lower bumpers / door sills have all been painted.These would have been dark grey when the Sport was new. Check the quality look for peeling lacquer uneven coats.

Please note the above is purely observations - the Sport may have been loved & drives like a dream.

TAKE THIS ALONG - ITS A MUST
http://www.rrsport.co.uk/gallery/albums/us...uide~0.pdf

Good luck - you've come to the right place for advice. Thumbs Up 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
17MY Autobiography Dynamic - Corris Grey - WOW.
14MY Autobiography Dynamic - SDV6 - Fuji White Smile
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Orkney Grey - awesome ;(
2005 Java Black - 4.2 V8 Supercharged First Edition- will never be forgotten ;(

Post #457202 Thu Mar 26 2015 2:36am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

If possible get underneath the car (or get it on a ramp) and check for offroad damage - not many do go off road but RRS is very competent for doing the job and is as good as a Discovery 3 - check for signs of mud and grass in nooks and crannies easily missed when washing.
RRS is also a very good tow car but often the removable tow hook corrodes into the slot when the owner cannot be bothered to remove it when not in use. Chech that both tow hook keys are present and that the tow hook can be removed. If the tow hook cannot be removed then there should also be a plastic trim plate that covers the tow hook slot, electrics and recovery eye present (even though) when it isn't in use. If the towhook is not present then remove the plastic plate and check if there are towing electrics and ask where the removable tow hook is - no electrics, no tow hook was fitted. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #457203 Thu Mar 26 2015 7:59am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
4ntG

England 

Great feedback gents. Really appreciate it.... Thank you for the document Peachy Thumbs Up

There is something about this one that niggled at me, I really want a RRS but think Im going to stay clear of this one. Gut instinct says so

Thanks again.

Great forum!!! Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

Post #457205 Thu Mar 26 2015 10:09am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

There are plenty of them out there - like all Land Rovers the rule of thumb is "if it doesn't look/ feel right then pass on by as another will be available soon". It can also pay off to ask your local Land Rover dealer if they have been offered any as part exchanges as they are often offered cars that cannot be put into the Approved Used scheme because of missing service history or age/milage is too high. These would then be offloaded to motor auctions. If you give a dealer a spec that you would like they can keep you in mind and of course if it is on their site it makes inspections easier!. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #457209 Thu Mar 26 2015 10:26am
PEACHY

England 

4ntG wrote:

There is something about this one that niggled at me, I really want a RRS but think Im going to stay clear of this one. Gut instinct says so

Very Happy IMO the right decision Thumbs Up Thumbs Up 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
17MY Autobiography Dynamic - Corris Grey - WOW.
14MY Autobiography Dynamic - SDV6 - Fuji White Smile
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Orkney Grey - awesome ;(
2005 Java Black - 4.2 V8 Supercharged First Edition- will never be forgotten ;(

Post #457216 Thu Mar 26 2015 10:56am
myfirstrrs

United Kingdom 

Hi 4ntG,

In my opinion, and I appreciate that there are other opinions on this forum, the more original the car is the more interesting it is. There are some Halford's specials around that have been blinged up that I wouldn't even park close to, never mind spending good money to buy one. Landrover designed a fantastic looking car so they should be left as they are. In most cases you can tell if a car is genuine within 5 minutes by general condition and service history.

Post #457217 Thu Mar 26 2015 11:08am
4ntG

England 

Totally agree myfirstrrs - I also prefer the originals ones Thumbs Up

Thank you all for your comments. I have already seen a few more and based my search criteria on the advice given on this thread.

Really appreciate it.

Post #457260 Thu Mar 26 2015 5:40pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1