RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > Robbo's stainless upgrades but car rejected!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

robbo770

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

phone kit removed due to Lemon of a crap car being returned for full refund,

LR owners beware quality is evaporating rapidly on the product they produce!! None currently

Gone
rejected RRS autobi Dynamic MY14.5 (Peter Vardy 👎)
D3 XXV full conversion
4.2 SC FFRR
4.4 FFRR
Freelander 1

Post #467101 Fri Jul 10 2015 9:55am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
jimbg

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

What was so bad that they are taking the car back? 2023 P440e SE Dynamic on order -cancelled

2022 HSE Dynamic P400e

2017 Discovery 3.0 HSE Silicon Silver Nimbus interior and a few extra toys SOLD

2013 HSE Black, Orkney Grey, Ebony Seats and Ivory Interior SOLD

2006 HSE

Plus a few other cars inbetween!

Post #467103 Fri Jul 10 2015 9:57am
robbo770

I have refused to continue trying to own a car I have driven 19 days in 3 months as it is always have warranty work done!!

its had Censored Censored Evil or Very Mad

both rear calipers and carriers replaced, dragging left electric handbrake / start stop brake replaced
all rear discs and pads for warped

all front discs and pads replaced as warped as brake checks not done correctly 3 times!!!

drivers brembo replaced under warranty as seized pistons (2 off) causing massive twisting and angular bending of disc, I flagged the caliper issue at point of survey prior to buying!!!!, took LR (Pete) to get it addressed once all discs had been warped due to no corrective action by dealer!!

Fuel tank anti slosh due to LR not fixing at factory when this has been known about , meant removal of exhaust, prop shaft and heap of other bits, then they took 3 days!!

Paint repair on the car is a saga in its own league!!, 2 attempt to repair dealer damage to boot lid, even painted it the wrong colour with onsite bodging!!, then approved paint shop had overspray even on boot opening button and camera!!,

as for the front Bumper 3 times been attempted to address inspection survey defects, still not resolved and grey overspray everywhere!!!!!, sandpaper finish!!
car always uneven power delivery, back several times, told nothing wrong with it!!

now had 3 software Tech written updates from LR, new injector as the aux belt trying to depart from the engine due to very rough engine balance, idler bouncing around over 1 inch of movement!!!, engine is basically on self destruct

as I am a Disco 3 / 4 forum and previous owner, I know the TDV6 and the SDV6 engine very well, and the stress induced into the crankshaft , the weakest point in these engines there is no way I am willing to accept the pending future issues that will occur with this powertrain, crank failure expected in next 10K at piston 1 to main bearing on crankshaft, seen so many now not risking it on this much outlay of my hard cash!!.

the service and support also leaves me with such a bad taste in the mouth I just have no faith in the car or LR regarding it now, and rejection is the only option.

what should have be a pleasure to purchase and drive now is something I just wish I had not bothered even getting involved in with this car. None currently

Gone
D3 XXV full conversion
4.2 SC FFRR
4.4 FFRR
Freelander 1

Post #467111 Fri Jul 10 2015 10:16am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
robbo770

sound like you have one of the sister lemon from the run of my Car!!

I would be kicking off if a lower powered motor is faster for starters!,

I have a LR supplied FFRR 3.0 same drive train and is a rocket, so mine is a definite sick it I not accepting that motor any more.

you always will get bad motors, that just a plain fact, so a SVR new build is something I am happy to do ,

but different dealer, LR support involved directly from Day ONE!!

and SVO getting me build updates, if I can actual get someone to talk to me before I place the order.

I am right now sourcing the wife's Evogue, a dynamic Lux to keep her mobile during the build of the SVR.

so she is a happy person, although it is not brand new, or 61 plate its only got 30 thou on the clock, and one owner from the same dealer, and is mint.

Sometimes a known car with no issues is a better option. None currently

Gone
D3 XXV full conversion
4.2 SC FFRR
4.4 FFRR
Freelander 1

Last edited by robbo770 on Mon Jul 13 2015 10:22am. Edited 2 times in total

Post #467139 Fri Jul 10 2015 12:14pm
robbo770

wife replacement car purchased to ensure she is mobile whilst this nightmare continues!!

car is as new dealer described and promised, what a breath of fresh air, can recommend Jason Ogg in Elgin enough for his efforts to ease my pain!!

ten out of Ten

None currently

Gone
D3 XXV full conversion
4.2 SC FFRR
4.4 FFRR
Freelander 1

Post #467237 Sat Jul 11 2015 7:33pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

64 plate and 30000 miles. Blimey. Tyres? Brakes? Stone chips? Sagging leather?

Brave man to go through all of this with your RRS, reject it and put faith in an SVR. That said, mine has been perfect aside from an intermittent iPod connection and what problems there have been were the dealer's fault.

SVR is no guarantee of special quality though, built on the same line, Phil's experience has (from what I can gather) been mixed. I hope LR are learning from these problems though I do wonder whether the dealers are up to it.

I would be very unhappy if the dealer needed to put 150 miles on my car to (not) fix a problem. That costs, not just fuel but tyres and wear and tear and what happens if there are paint or windscreen chips? I once got Porsche to replace the windscreen in a car because of chips while the car was being road tested. Say, £5 a mile... Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #467350 Sun Jul 12 2015 9:50pm
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

All my problems have been dealer-created. and most dealer-resolved.

ETA: SVO, and JLR through association, were fantastic.

ETA again: No, I lie. The grille wasn't a dealer problem and they did get it resolved. 

Last edited by philmw on Sun Jul 12 2015 10:40pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #467353 Sun Jul 12 2015 10:03pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Which sort of confirms my feeling that having the dealer try to fix problems does not necessarily make things better. Badly trained bodgers with insufficient technical backup. Mark

Post #467354 Sun Jul 12 2015 10:07pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Speaking to the service chap at my local dealers last time I was in there. He was quite open in saying that they are struggling to find experienced LR-trained chaps for the service bays. So they get guys who don't have experience on LRs with all of their little foibles.

It seems that they probably don't read the workshop manual either - I had to point out where to look to find the routing for the starter motor breather pipe, for example. Why doesn't the spanner monkey know that if I do?

One issue, of course, is that the dealers put the technicians under a lot of time pressures by having bonuses to finish work in less than book time. That's always gong to end one way and it's not in the customer's best interest.

I use an indie now. Whistle 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #467357 Sun Jul 12 2015 10:32pm
Disco_Mikey

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

Because the dealers just aren't paying the money Wink

£7 p/h they offered me after finishing my apprenticeship in the dealer Rolling Eyes

Post #467371 Mon Jul 13 2015 7:07am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Yikes! I can see why you work for yourself. That's a ridiculous rate, especially when one considers they're charging the customer over £100/hour. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #467376 Mon Jul 13 2015 9:22am
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

So, what happened to all the stainless bits and pieces you added? Did they stay with the car? Mark

Post #467455 Tue Jul 14 2015 5:16am
robbo770

Currently they stay on the car and will be cost recovered......... If not they will be removed and either sold on or fitted on the SVR. None currently

Gone
D3 XXV full conversion
4.2 SC FFRR
4.4 FFRR
Freelander 1

Post #467485 Tue Jul 14 2015 11:03am
big pimp

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

where did you get the wee umbrella holder from?

really like that - neat touch

sorry to hear of the problems with your motor.... really disappointing MY10 HSE 3.0 TDV6 : Santorini Black : Ebony Interior w/Anigre wood : Privacy Glass (total) : Sunroof : Sidesteps : Hybrid TV : Detachable Tow Kit : Spare Wheel Cover : 22" Dished Supersports

Post #467541 Tue Jul 14 2015 11:26pm
robbo770

umbrella holder from flebay, the rear catch is a garden latch bolt clip in blued steel, works and wont rust None currently

Gone
D3 XXV full conversion
4.2 SC FFRR
4.4 FFRR
Freelander 1

Post #467859 Fri Jul 17 2015 5:35pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12