RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > SVR in Autocar/Auto Express/EVO
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Mark_N

United Kingdom 
SVR in Autocar/Auto Express/EVO

At last the production SVR makes it into the motoring press... but not until next week.

This week's Autocar has "SVR First Drive" billed for next week's issue, on sale Wednesdsy March 25th. Form an orderley queue here...

Edit: and if you cannot wait until then, there's a review online at www.autoexpress.co.uk of a handsome SVR in Firenze with black/pimento.

They like it and specifically talk about the car at its most rabid - Dynamic Chassis Mode, Sports Gearbox mode and Sports Exhaust On. It really is quite extraordinary. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Last edited by Mark_N on Sat Mar 21 2015 3:12am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #456284 Wed Mar 18 2015 4:14am
Dickie

United Kingdom 

This is going to be a tough couple of weeks reading all these reviews and not being able to yet get my hands on mine!

Odd that the press car had the optional CF engine cover (which although beautiful will rarely be seen!) but didn't have the CF interior trim...? SOLD - 15 plate Estoril SVR

SOLD - 64 plate Aleutian Silver Supercharged

SOLD - 63 plate Corris SDV6 Autobiography

Post #456295 Wed Mar 18 2015 7:47am
viper

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

Tell me about it Dickie ive got months yet but im really looking forward to you views when you are going from a RRS2 supercharged to the SVR and see how you think they compare .

Auto car review

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/land-r...svr-review 2016 bmw x5 40d m-sport space grey
2015 bmw 335i m-sport touring mineral grey/coral interior looking to change again .
Gone HSE SDV6 Dynamic indus silver, santorini contrast roof,panoramic roof,red brakes,privacy,climate front seats,tow bar great car enjoyed it ����
Gone my10 3.0 tdv6 Bali blue/ivory 5 years 24k no problems great car will be missed

Post #456299 Wed Mar 18 2015 7:59am
viper

Harrys garage online review that sound Thumbs Up

wonder what he means about what up there sleeves next ? 2016 bmw x5 40d m-sport space grey
2015 bmw 335i m-sport touring mineral grey/coral interior looking to change again .
Gone HSE SDV6 Dynamic indus silver, santorini contrast roof,panoramic roof,red brakes,privacy,climate front seats,tow bar great car enjoyed it ����
Gone my10 3.0 tdv6 Bali blue/ivory 5 years 24k no problems great car will be missed

Post #456381 Wed Mar 18 2015 6:37pm
DaveW

United Kingdom 

It's also on top gear website
http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/range-r...2015-03-18

Post #456383 Wed Mar 18 2015 6:52pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Looks like Harry Metcalfe's video has been pulled, I'm getting a message saying "it's private". Pity, because it gives the best review of the car so far... Can anyone else still show it? Mark

Post #456519 Fri Mar 20 2015 11:55am
viper

Mark I'm getting the same message pity 2016 bmw x5 40d m-sport space grey

Post #456526 Fri Mar 20 2015 1:45pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

I wonder what's happened. I wonder if he's had his wrists slapped by JLR at this "unofficial" review keeping in mind he's on some sort of retainer. Who knows? I can't imagine anyone will come away from the review with an anything but a completely positive opinion about the car.

I do get the feeling this car's publicity has been strangled a little bit. Normally, JLR are falling over themselves to get any publicity they can, though the review of the Discovery Sport in Autocar this week unusually tells it as they find it - madness to release the car with the old, tired, non-JLR engine. I don't know what's happening at Wolverhampton but it seems to me they've dropped a Censored not having the new engines ready in time to supply the Discovery Sport from the outset. Mark

Post #456529 Fri Mar 20 2015 2:33pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

The EVO review is out and very favourable and, as expected, a ringing endorsement from them of the 22 inch wheels. While I definitely have a need for M&S capability, maybe I should order a set to try out for summer use. I wonder what that will cost, £6000?

So for the obvious reviewers, only Car Magazine now dragging its feet. Mark

Post #456619 Sat Mar 21 2015 3:02am
viper

Mark can you just fit the 22" wheels straight on or do you need the wheelarch extentions that come on a car ordered with the 22"wheels i have ordered mine with the 21" wheels as well so would be interesting to no. 2016 bmw x5 40d m-sport space grey

Post #456621 Sat Mar 21 2015 6:57am
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

To be honest, I do not know and I've asked DaveW for guidance.

I think the spats are there for type approval to meet the requirement that the wheels must not extend beyond the bodywork. The Evoque has little winglets on the wheel arch trim to do the same.

I assume you could have the spats retrofitted as well but I'm more interested to know whether you can swap freely between the two. In any case, I need M&S tyres for winter use. Mark

Post #456635 Sat Mar 21 2015 8:53am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Mark, you may find that you have to go down to a 20" for winter tyres, and I'm not sure that there is a speed/ load rated tyres available yet for the SVR. When 20's were the biggest tyres you could get I had problems getting anything wintery or muddy for my TDv8. I ended up driving from Southampton to Stirling on 23 Dec one year (the same winter that Basingstoke got cut off from the rest of the UK!) and ended up driving almost the entire trip with the GGS setting of the TR selected. The run up to Gretna was fine but after Gretna there had been no ploughing or road treatment made at all and the motorway police were stopping and sorting out the suitable cars from the unsuitable - even stopping Audi Q's, BMW X's and Cayennes and not letting them through because of silly sized tyres. I was surprised to find that I had a clear run through to Stirling and the GGS setting even allowed me to get up to 65-70 on the snow at times! That was on summer tyres. I think you will find that TR2 in Auto mode will look after you pretty well without winter tyres needed.

Do you have the All Terrain Progress Control that is in effect an offroad cruise control fitted to the SVR?

My RRS is coming with factory fitted 22's so will have to have a look and see what LR has fitted to cover any protruding wheel next week when I collect it. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #456641 Sat Mar 21 2015 9:30am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

The off-road cruise control is not available for the SVR not least because the switch position is taken up by the exhaust switch.

Don't think you can go below 21 in the SVR because of the brakes and there are no wheel arch extensions for 22s on the standard car. With the SVR, the tyres are 295 instead of 275; not sure if any of that extra is inboard but the spats are required to cover the outboard and be completely legal.

I think it probably would have been better to specify 22s and use 21s for M&S rather than the other way round. Too late for me now!! Mark

Post #456648 Sat Mar 21 2015 9:51am
Dave777

United Kingdom 

According to the specs the SVR has the same 380mm brakes as the standard ones except blue. Does this mean 20" will fit. Am new to RR but love studying specs Very Happy

Post #456654 Sat Mar 21 2015 10:40am
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

I think the problem is that even if 20s fit without fouling anything, you have to find a tyre which fits the wheel and has the required load and speed ratings. Mark

Post #456657 Sat Mar 21 2015 11:01am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>