RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Is my dealer being a tight a*se ;)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

steve_hmmm

United Kingdom 
Is my dealer being a tight a*se ;)

Hi everyone,

Newbie here, and I'm after some advice from the RRS expertzzz Cool

I'm on the brink of ordering a new RRS with a few options... HSE + service pack + park heat [for missus & toddler] + large washer bottle [thanks to the numerous suggestions on this site Very Happy ]

Local deal (Solihull) isn't offering a bean - PCP 6.9%, List Price + no discount on options.

From other posts, this looks like the dealer might be being a meanie, but would appreciate advice from anyone here that's had a recent experience.

Post #455849 Sat Mar 14 2015 8:01pm
PEACHY

England 

Welcome to the forum Thumbs Up would the dealership be Stratstones by any chance - I was at the new Colliers dealership today in Erdington - the place was rammed - I've visited a few dealerships but never seen one so busy Very Happy
There are stories on here of purchasers walking away with plenty of extras - if you feel your not being treated a little bit special for spending £70k plus then try somewhere else - after all the Sport will still be made at Solihull Thumbs Up

Good luck with your new purchase Thumbs Up 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
17MY Autobiography Dynamic - Corris Grey - WOW.
14MY Autobiography Dynamic - SDV6 - Fuji White Smile
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Orkney Grey - awesome ;(
2005 Java Black - 4.2 V8 Supercharged First Edition- will never be forgotten ;(

Post #455851 Sat Mar 14 2015 8:27pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
viper

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

Got nothing with mine either didn't use PCP but no freebies no discount paid cash very poor that was stratstones as well . 2016 bmw x5 40d m-sport space grey
2015 bmw 335i m-sport touring mineral grey/coral interior looking to change again .
Gone HSE SDV6 Dynamic indus silver, santorini contrast roof,panoramic roof,red brakes,privacy,climate front seats,tow bar great car enjoyed it ����
Gone my10 3.0 tdv6 Bali blue/ivory 5 years 24k no problems great car will be missed

Post #455853 Sat Mar 14 2015 8:45pm
Chrisr1806

England 

I got no discount in March 14 but got half a tank of diesel, complementary mints, 2 LR Umbrellas and a bouquet of flowers. Arrived: MY16 A/B SDV6 in Aruba, Ivory interior, piano black trim, black panoramic roof, spare wheel, blind spot monitoring, mudlaps and more... Twisted Evil

Gone but not forgotten:
2014 RRS2 SDV6 HSE in Loire Blue
2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE in Santorini Black

Post #455856 Sat Mar 14 2015 8:56pm
steve_hmmm

United Kingdom 

Sounds like I should at least give Colliers a shot - thanks Peachy.

Maybe I'll try to use toddler power Big Cry to see if they offer up more than Chris & Viper got. Rolling with laughter

Post #455857 Sat Mar 14 2015 9:08pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Harwoods Croydon...full tank of fuel, free service pack and autoglym lifeshine. Brilliant service all round and they beat Oracle Finance on a very competitive PCP quote too!

Post #455859 Sat Mar 14 2015 9:15pm
BKHK

Australia 

How can a full tank of fuel be worth anything special? Here no one would accept a new car with anything less than a full tank.

Post #455862 Sat Mar 14 2015 9:38pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Thats what I thought but many on here in another thread confirmed they got half a tank or nothing in the tank at all!!

Post #455865 Sat Mar 14 2015 9:44pm
alexv

United Kingdom 

Do you mean you got a better quote from range rover, better than their 6.9 apr offer RRSman? On order expected October 16 macan turbo
Current car MY15 Hse Dynamic
Cayenne v6 MY64
RRS MY13 Black edition
Discovery MY61 xs
RRS TDV6 MY07
XC90 Executive
Yada yada yada

Post #455867 Sat Mar 14 2015 9:49pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Yes the dealer offered me finance at 6.9 % APR but I declined as was getting a much better deal via Oracle Finance (5.9% APR) so they (LandRover Finance) matched that Very Happy

They kept telling me this was strictly a one of though and that it may never happen again but just goes to prove that it can be done. The residual baloon value was also higher by around £4500 with them over Oracle Finance so I was quids in!

Post #455875 Sat Mar 14 2015 10:31pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

With LR dealers able to sell every car that can be made there's no need to give incentives to buy, but while you may not get any discount on the car you can try getting the service pack for free, free paint protection, free/ discounted Gap and free/discounted Wheel and Tyre Insurance or a few dealer fit accessories and maybe a full day Experience instead a half day. To give a half tank of fuel is not exactly generous when the price of fuel has fallen so much....... Also try shopping around the UK to see what other dealers are offering or see if they will price match. It's getting round to end of month/end of quarter and dealers are getting edgy about making their sales targets, they get bonuses for making or exceeding them so you may hit the dealer on the make or break day for him and it is always worth him cutting some slack on price to make his targets 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #455880 Sat Mar 14 2015 10:56pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
steve_hmmm

United Kingdom 

Thanks for the advice everyone. Bow down

Now to let the dealer battle commence Shocked

Post #455895 Sun Mar 15 2015 6:57am
harrygh60

England 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

BKHK wrote:
How can a full tank of fuel be worth anything special? Here no one would accept a new car with anything less than a full tank.
When purchasing a used or new car of this class. Haggle for everything you want.. I did on my used car and on my new one as well. Full Tank of Derv, Mudflaps, Rubber Mats, I refused to pay £99 Admin charge, And they paid first registration charge and road tax. Call their bluff get up and walk away. I did and they were on my phone when i got home. offering me a bit more as well. itisme

Post #455903 Sun Mar 15 2015 9:10am
RRSman

United Kingdom 

harrygh60 Im afraid you may find that quite hard for a car with waiting lists of 4-6 months! It's more about being in the right place at the right time for the new RRS Smile

Post #455907 Sun Mar 15 2015 9:40am
alexv

United Kingdom 

Second hand cars i find easier to get a deal on even substantial savings, but when it comes to new sports i think you should expect/hope for what others have achieved rather than hang on for dealers to call you back, as i fear you may be waiting a long time for a new sport.

Kind regards

Alex On order expected October 16 macan turbo
Current car MY15 Hse Dynamic
Cayenne v6 MY64
RRS MY13 Black edition
Discovery MY61 xs
RRS TDV6 MY07
XC90 Executive
Yada yada yada

Post #455932 Sun Mar 15 2015 1:32pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>