RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Looking for advise on new car with faults
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Si-W85

Looking for advise on new car with faults

I have owned my RRS S/C for almost 2 months now, when I bought the vehicle it all seemed ok. Anyway 1 month down the line faults started appearing, the garage have now had it for 2.5 weeks of my 2 months owning it

1. Suspension knock
2.anti roll bar bushes squeeking
3. Battery keeps going dead
3.front drivers side sometimes sits down and a lot lower than the others
4.suspension fault normal ride height only
5.both near side doors intermittently don't lock/unlock
6.tow bar seized and doesn't work

My problem now is the garage talked me In to buying warranty at £520 and the warranty say they won't cover the compressor fault which is apparently also why the front side sits down sometimes as well as other faults, the dealer says he will pay for it but can't pay for any of the other bits. Where do I stand with this? Should they be sorting it all out or not? Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks

Post #462439 Wed May 20 2015 1:05pm
rajhirani

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

you shouldn't have had to buy the warranty.

new laws came out to protect buyer, they say you have a 6 month warranty with the Garage (regardless what they say).

Regards,

Raj RRS MY2012 AutoBiography

Post #462442 Wed May 20 2015 1:35pm
Si-W85

Thanks for the reply Raj. Where do I stand with the bits I have mentioned should they all be fixed? Or are such things as ARB bushes and battery expected and I should pay?

Post #462447 Wed May 20 2015 1:58pm
steve2026

2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Vesuvius Orange

You need to tell us more about this warranty, ( type, who etc etc ) and why you had to "buy" it.
Was it just to extend the normal warranty that they are, by law, obliged to provide.
Too much of this is going on today, people pay to have a warranty and then the companies do all in their power to "duck and dive".
Do your research, get the facts about the warranty etc then advise them of their obligations, I find it normally works if you do it in a professional manner. 2005 Vesuvius 1st edition ( now sadly gone ).

Post #462448 Wed May 20 2015 1:58pm
steve2026

Si-W85 wrote:
Thanks for the reply Raj. Where do I stand with the bits I have mentioned should they all be fixed? Or are such things as ARB bushes and battery expected and I should pay?

Wasn't the car inspected by the garage before you bought it, surely these things should have been picked up and rectified.
Normally things that are down to "wear and tear" are not covered, ( unless you have a specific warranty that does cover " wear and tear" items ).
But this shouldn't even be part of the warranty seeing as it's happened so early on after being purchased.
After all, it's not as if it's a couple of grands worth of car, is it. 2005 Vesuvius 1st edition ( now sadly gone ).

Post #462450 Wed May 20 2015 2:02pm
Lost for Words

United Kingdom 
Re: Looking for advise on new car with faults

Si-W85 wrote:
1. Suspension knock
2.anti roll bar bushes squeeking

Wear and tear. I wouldn't expect either the garage or warranty to pay for these unless it was specified as otherwise when sold.

Quote:
3. Battery keeps going dead

Worth investigating for a battery drain. Would think the garage should cover this.

Quote:
3.front drivers side sometimes sits down and a lot lower than the others
4.suspension fault normal ride height only

Possibly related?

Quote:
compressor fault which is apparently also why the front side sits down sometimes as well as other faults, the dealer says he will pay for it but can't pay for any of the other bits.

I would think valve block/height sensor issue or a leak rather than the compressor itself.

Quote:
5.both near side doors intermittently don't lock/unlock

Definitely think this should be covered by the garage.

Quote:
6.tow bar seized and doesn't work

In what way doesn't it work, just that it's stuck? Might also be put down to wear and tear but then, it could be considered unsafe so...

Thumbs Up Visiting from DISCO3.CO.UK
2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Auto HSE Zambezi Silver

Post #462452 Wed May 20 2015 2:29pm
Si-W85

Yes had a full inspection apparently. I have been patient and have kept my words in a form of respect with the MD so far and been very thankful but I'm ready for telling them to keep the car and give me my money back as I don't need this of a car of such value. I've had another issue which I won't go in to too much but basically the car had been freshly wrapped and within the first week I noticed it starting to bubble on the bonnet and rear door so he took it back to the vehicle wrap place and when peeled off the lacquer came with it so the wrap place said its the garages fault as they knew there was an issue with the lacquer but the garage assured me the paint work was 100% so I am now having stories from the wrap place and the garage both telling me each other is telling lies. Anyway the garage has paid for the paint on the door and bonnet and then back but the wrap place said it was t good enough so has been taken way yet again to be painted once more, so basically I won't have my car for at least another week I've had enough and feel it isn't my problem I just want it sorting.

Post #462453 Wed May 20 2015 2:30pm
steve2026

I think I'd be telling them to take the car back and fully refund me, a decent garage would have spotted most, if not all, of the faults mentioned, and should certainly not involve the customer when dealing with a third party company about problems with the wrap on the car, they sort the problem and then go after the other company.
You still haven't said about the warranty, and why you had to pay extra for it. 2005 Vesuvius 1st edition ( now sadly gone ).

Post #462455 Wed May 20 2015 2:38pm
Si-W85

Basically I took out an extended warranty which gave me 15 month of cover which I was again assured was the best paying warranty company to be with Rolling with laughter

Post #462456 Wed May 20 2015 2:41pm
rajhirani

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

Hi,

here's some info i used myself, when I had a issue with a car I bought last year.

http://www.lawgistics.co.uk/legal-article-...a-used-car

There's also a template on the Trading standards site, which you can use.

Hope it helps. RRS MY2012 AutoBiography

Post #462516 Wed May 20 2015 8:57pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1