RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > SVR - My God!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>

DaveW

United Kingdom 

viper wrote:
thanks rich will have a look dont get anything from my dealer was hoping to get invite from davew Bow down Very Happy to see the SVR mine isnt expected till september so its quite a wait nothing compared with phil though

Unfortunately I have no idea how one organises a factory visit (I think if the guys in Solihull found out I was doing that too, they'd never have me in there Rolling with laughter - in truth, they're an amazing team up there who do incredible things)

Post #454937 Fri Mar 06 2015 11:22pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

You can arrange a factory visit through the Land Rover Experience Centre in Solihull, Google is your friend.

The tour costs £45 (yes I know it should be offered FOC to those interested) and lasts 2 - 3 hours. They use retired production line engineers to drive you around the site and talk you through it in groups of 4 - 6. You typically see the press shop, body-in-white production and final assembly.

If you're interested in LR heritage, there's a more in depth tour of just the Defender line - Defender production at Solihull is stopping at the end of the year. I'm doing this in a few weeks. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #454938 Fri Mar 06 2015 11:54pm
andman

Andorra 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

Thank you DaveW....spent too long looking at the pictures.. and should of asked you at the outset... Very Happy

I like the extensions with the 22's... 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's
2013 Porsche Boxster S 3.4
2014 Audi A3 S line Quattro
---------------------------------

Post #454946 Sat Mar 07 2015 6:09am
DaveW

United Kingdom 

No problem. If there is anything else you need help with, just ask. Thumbs Up

Post #454948 Sat Mar 07 2015 8:30am
viper

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

Andman we might be collecting around the same time dealer offered me around £62,500 had car since October done 1300 miles think he is being a little tight thought he would have made more effort especially when you see what there charging on forcourt 2016 bmw x5 40d m-sport space grey
2015 bmw 335i m-sport touring mineral grey/coral interior looking to change again .
Gone HSE SDV6 Dynamic indus silver, santorini contrast roof,panoramic roof,red brakes,privacy,climate front seats,tow bar great car enjoyed it ����
Gone my10 3.0 tdv6 Bali blue/ivory 5 years 24k no problems great car will be missed

Post #454949 Sat Mar 07 2015 8:34am
Disco_Mikey

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

shadrack wrote:
DaveW wrote:
That's quite unlikely tbh.

We recognise what this car means to our customers so wouldn't be looking to de-value what we've worked so hard to
produce

its very likely, just look at how many 05s are tarted up into 12 plates etc etc, and the market is huge for this type of thing and when driving down the road who can tell between a real and a fake? and as prices drop for the early rrs 2 people will be able to get an svr replica for half the price of a genuine svr

I expect you will not be able to order ANY SVR specific parts without a valid VIN number, and proof of ownership/body shop owner etc, exactly the same as the Defender SVX and Discovery XXV etc. And the prices will be astronomical, to put people off buying them

Thumbs Up

Post #454950 Sat Mar 07 2015 8:50am
andman

viper wrote:
Andman we might be collecting around the same time dealer offered me around £62,500 had car since October done 1300 miles think he is being a little tight thought he would have made more effort especially when you see what there charging on forcourt

Captive tiny audience here.. and a monopoly .... Even so I hope they won't be too brutal...

Having said that they lost three new car sales to me in two year already because of their silly pricing so you'd think they

"might" want to get me on board as a customer .... Fingers crossed.... Laughing 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's

Post #454951 Sat Mar 07 2015 9:02am
shadrack

United Kingdom 

Disco_Mikey wrote:
shadrack wrote:
DaveW wrote:
That's quite unlikely tbh.

We recognise what this car means to our customers so wouldn't be looking to de-value what we've worked so hard to
produce

its very likely, just look at how many 05s are tarted up into 12 plates etc etc, and the market is huge for this type of thing and when driving down the road who can tell between a real and a fake? and as prices drop for the early rrs 2 people will be able to get an svr replica for half the price of a genuine svr

I expect you will not be able to order ANY SVR specific parts without a valid VIN number, and proof of ownership/body shop owner etc, exactly the same as the Defender SVX and Discovery XXV etc. And the prices will be astronomical, to put people off buying them

Thumbs Up

maybe so as bmw do with the ///M parts, but as sonn as theres a market all the chinese copies come along, how many autobiography kits on ebay are from landrover Whistle

Post #454968 Sat Mar 07 2015 12:09pm
Gavin Beecham

United Kingdom 

viper wrote:
Andman we might be collecting around the same time dealer offered me around £62,500 had car since October done 1300 miles think he is being a little tight thought he would have made more effort especially when you see what there charging on forcourt

My buyer pulled out and now I'm struggling to move it on. Speaking to a trader it seems prices for these are all over the place.
A couple of months ago you couldn't find a used dynamic; as of yesterday there are 251 available nationally......
Viper, is that the price the dealer will give you in September? If it is, judging by my experience, you'll be doing well.
I'm putting mine in a showroom, sale or return. They'll do all the leg work and can offer finance etc. all for a fixed fee.
I'll give it a few weeks and see how it fares. If it doesn't go I may have to take bath on it.......PX Big Cry
I must say I thought values would have held up far better than they currently are......!

Post #454996 Sat Mar 07 2015 3:19pm
viper

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

yes gavin it is wbac.com is offering about the same .
Prices on autotrader are well above what he is offering so might try private route aswell 2016 bmw x5 40d m-sport space grey
2015 bmw 335i m-sport touring mineral grey/coral interior looking to change again .
Gone HSE SDV6 Dynamic indus silver, santorini contrast roof,panoramic roof,red brakes,privacy,climate front seats,tow bar great car enjoyed it ����
Gone my10 3.0 tdv6 Bali blue/ivory 5 years 24k no problems great car will be missed

Post #454997 Sat Mar 07 2015 3:25pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

I think the whole business of selling cars is fraught with problems.

I was able to sell my Evoque for more than the dealer was offering only because of a freak valuation by WBAC.

Not so my SVR. Just out of interest - no I am not selling - I did a valuation on WBAC. This 7 day old car which cost £106k has apparently depreciated to £68k, that's about £6000 a day or £250 an hour. Clearly a nonsense.

I'm afraid those looking for p/ex for nearly new cars will take a bit of a bath. I think V8 SCs are particularly vulnerable and however many toys you have on it which are options, they count for next to nothing.

Very difficult to know too how things will change over 6 months. If you can, get rid of it now, it's never going to be worth as much as it is now. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #455026 Sat Mar 07 2015 7:27pm
peanutbob

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Who do WEBAC sell the vehicles to? I've WEBACed my 14000 mile 16 month old RRS SDV6 AB twice in Feb and received plus £69k offers. I haven't gone to a site appointment yet as it's a month too early before my replacement gets built, and I daresay will get knocked down a bit further, but the two offers seemed quite strong to me, so where's their margin?

Post #455046 Sat Mar 07 2015 8:47pm
andman

Mark_N wrote:
I think the whole business of selling cars is fraught with problems.

I was able to sell my Evoque for more than the dealer was offering only because of a freak valuation by WBAC.

Not so my SVR. Just out of interest - no I am not selling - I did a valuation on WBAC. This 7 day old car which cost £106k has apparently depreciated to £68k, that's about £6000 a day or £250 an hour. Clearly a nonsense.

I'm afraid those looking for p/ex for nearly new cars will take a bit of a bath. I think V8 SCs are particularly vulnerable and however many toys you have on it which are options, they count for next to nothing.

Very difficult to know too how things will change over 6 months. If you can, get rid of it now, it's never going to be worth as much as it is now.

Peanuts car's worth a grand more than yours Mark...... Rolling with laughter 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's

Post #455049 Sat Mar 07 2015 9:29pm
peanutbob

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

If we're going to swap, can you have the £1k in readies, and a full tank of fuel, as nothing annoys me more than having to fuel up after 50 miles... Laughing

Post #455050 Sat Mar 07 2015 9:39pm
Andrew

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Firenze Red

Mark,
you can have my car PX and I'll give you the £1000 in cash on Monday !! Wink 5.0 Ltr Superchrged RRS2, Chile Red, Sideways out of junctions!
TDV8 HST Stornaway on a 08.. remapped.. now gone and replaced, was a mighty fine car..
4.2 SC First Edition when they first came out, quick car!

Post #455051 Sat Mar 07 2015 9:41pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>