RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Insurance warning!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

whippetman

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Insurance warning!

Received this today from Zenith who are Land Rover Insurance.

"As a responsible insurer we are making you aware of steps you can undertake to minimise this theft risk as FAILURE TO MAKE REASONABLE MEASURES TO SAFEGUARD YOUR VEHICLE AGAINST THEFT COULD JEOPARDISE FUTURE THEFT CLAIMS .....

They strongly recommend checking with "local retailer" as to how many keys have been programmed,also that you have the "latest security software update" and "ask them to explain vehicle security features such as locking down access to the navigation system and dead locking"

Had my 2014 for 4 months for annual premium with "extra " cover etc for around £600 pa
Looks like if I don't follow new "advice" cover may not pay out as agreed when policy taken out..............

70 mile round trip to the Main Dealer probably to be told " yes sir trust us all is OK!" Or words to that effect...?

Any one else got this ?

Post #453352 Sat Feb 21 2015 11:06pm
1JBS

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 SE Orkney Grey

Tread very carefully with Zenith, I recently had a very poor response to an attempted theft claim on my brand new Sprinter van that was covered by their parent company Markerstudy! I had to get the CEO involved to get it approved for repairs over 1 month later, not helpful when you rely on the van to earn a living.. They have a reputation for being very fierce on any claims leading to huge delays and possibly non payment. It may be better to insure with a premium brand.

Post #453379 Sun Feb 22 2015 11:54am
baxc

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
Re: Insurance warning!

whippetman wrote:
Received this today from Zenith who are Land Rover Insurance.

"As a responsible insurer we are making you aware of steps you can undertake to minimise this theft risk as FAILURE TO MAKE REASONABLE MEASURES TO SAFEGUARD YOUR VEHICLE AGAINST THEFT COULD JEOPARDISE FUTURE THEFT CLAIMS .....

They strongly recommend checking with "local retailer" as to how many keys have been programmed,also that you have the "latest security software update" and "ask them to explain vehicle security features such as locking down access to the navigation system and dead locking"

Had my 2014 for 4 months for annual premium with "extra " cover etc for around £600 pa
Looks like if I don't follow new "advice" cover may not pay out as agreed when policy taken out..............

70 mile round trip to the Main Dealer probably to be told " yes sir trust us all is OK!" Or words to that effect...?

Any one else got this ?

In the event of a claim you can take this as they are going to fight not to pay out unless all security measures were taken and iam sure they will find some excuse not to pay out. If i was you i would change insurance if my insurance sent me this i'd be worried

Post #453383 Sun Feb 22 2015 12:28pm
jimbg

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Zenith Insurance is a trading name of Zenith Insurance plc, registered in Gibraltar (No.84085) with registered office address at 846 - 848 Europort, Gibraltar. Zenith Insurance plc is authorised by the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission and subject to a limited regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority in respect of underwriting business in the UK (register number: 211787). 2023 P440e SE Dynamic on order -cancelled

2022 HSE Dynamic P400e

2017 Discovery 3.0 HSE Silicon Silver Nimbus interior and a few extra toys SOLD

2013 HSE Black, Orkney Grey, Ebony Seats and Ivory Interior SOLD

2006 HSE

Plus a few other cars inbetween!

Post #453386 Sun Feb 22 2015 1:55pm
whippetman

Well I bought it under the LR banner,they guarantee all NEW genuine parts in event of an accident ( unlike many well known insurers) and they state that they only use main LR dealers for repairs,..presumeably one that has a body shop!!
Will be calling dealer in morning to check this out.
See this is up on the full fat site too Whistle

Post #453389 Sun Feb 22 2015 2:25pm
jimbg

LR have to stand behind the security of their own product surely? 2023 P440e SE Dynamic on order -cancelled

2022 HSE Dynamic P400e

2006 HSE

Post #453391 Sun Feb 22 2015 3:09pm
Andrew

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Firenze Red

I have also received this... 5.0 Ltr Superchrged RRS2, Chile Red, Sideways out of junctions!
TDV8 HST Stornaway on a 08.. remapped.. now gone and replaced, was a mighty fine car..
4.2 SC First Edition when they first came out, quick car!

Post #453399 Sun Feb 22 2015 3:59pm
jimbg

Thought I would try them for a quote and it is not Zenith now?

Land Rover Insurance is provided by Original Insurance Services Ltd, registered in England and Wales No. 05686831 at Batchworth House, Church Street, Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire, WD3 1JE and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. It is underwritten by Allianz Insurance plc, registered in England No. 84638 at 57 Ladymead, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 1DB. Allianz Insurance plc is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (Financial Services Register No. 121849). 2023 P440e SE Dynamic on order -cancelled

2022 HSE Dynamic P400e

2006 HSE

Post #453402 Sun Feb 22 2015 4:09pm
whippetman

As at 24 /10/2014. When my policy started it states as you quote Original Insurance Services etc regulated by FCA BUT
underwritten by Zurich Insurance Plc ....based in Gibraltar.......
Best check it out,of course I am sure everything will be perfectly ok Whistle

Post #453415 Sun Feb 22 2015 6:14pm
mikef

United Kingdom 

I insured my new RRS with Zenith via Land Rover when I took delivery of the car and I also have just received the same threatening letter from Zenith. I am no legal expert but it seems to me that Zenith can say what they like but if the apparent conditions laid out in the letter were not in the original policy document, then they have no legal standing. Effectively, what they are trying to do is change the conditions of the policy after it has been signed and agreed and IMHO they have no right to do that. I have no doubt that Zenith would try to resist any claim on the basis of this letter but any half decent lawyor is going to make them look foolish if it ever got legal. However, having said that, I'm not sure how you take legal action against an insurance company which appears to be based in Gibraltar, although the letter comes from an address in West Sussex?
The second thing that concerns me is this. If Zenith has been inundated with claims which have put the company under financial pressure, is it possible that they go bust and what happens to our insurance policies then?
I guess that L-R will simply wash their hands of any situation despite the fact that the policies were sold under the L-R brand

Post #453946 Thu Feb 26 2015 6:22pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Check that the policy states that English Law applies. Also check that it is fully authorised by the PRA - if it is then the FSCS might be available in the event of a failed claim because the firm goes bust (defaults).

LR would no doubt run a mile claiming that they don't provide the insurance - which is true of course. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #453987 Fri Feb 27 2015 12:24am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1