RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Wheels & Tyres > Correct tyre size 2010 RRS
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Mirzazuber

England 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black
Correct tyre size 2010 RRS

Hi i need some information regarding correct tyre size for my 2010 rrs tdv8, i am looking to buy some genuine 7style 22" alloy wheels but regards to the tyre size been told two different tyre sizes for 275 35 22 or 275 40 22?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Post #455775 Fri Mar 13 2015 10:43pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

There is no correct 22 inch tyre size - Land Rover never offered a 22 inch wheel for the series 1 RRS. 285/30/22 would be closest to the approved 275/40/20 in terms of diameter and circumference but you'd be losing nearly a quarter of the sidewall depth. Not good if drive on anything other smooth tarmac.

You can play around with tyre sizes here: http://tire-size-conversion.com/tire-size-comparison/ 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #455776 Fri Mar 13 2015 10:57pm
Mirzazuber

Thanks for replying what would you suggest not getting the upgrade? I don't understand how i have seen other rrs same year with 22" wheels on doesnt it f up the ride?

Post #455778 Fri Mar 13 2015 11:34pm
Guyzer73

Oman 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Vesuvius Orange

22nd are fine despite what some might say. Get 285/35R22 tyres.

I've been running 22 inch supercharged rims and am also getting good oem Style 7 rims Smile

Just go for it and enjoy the looks. Note however Style 7 rims aren't sided strangely enough so they look different on either side...

Cheers

Guy 2006 RRS S/C CONSTANTLY under modification...
1994 RRC 4.2l not LSE sadly gone but not forgotten
LR Defender 300Tdi - affectionately know as "The Black Beast"

Post #455788 Sat Mar 14 2015 8:02am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

It's quite common to see RRS1 with 22 inch wheels, it's just that Land Rover never made a 22 inch wheel for the RRS1 so they never homologated a tyre size for it. You can use the search facility at the top of the forum page and you'll find lots of threads about 22 inch rims and tyres.

As for the ride quality, some people do find that it makes the ride too firm but others seem happy with it. It's a personal thing that, sadly, you won't know until you do it - unless you can get a ride in one and see what you think of the ride etc.

My own view is that I think 22 inch rims with rubber band tyres on a 4x4 look ridiculous but I appear to be in a minority! Rolling with laughter 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #455789 Sat Mar 14 2015 8:06am
Mirzazuber

Thanks for replying, it's all confusing by reading other forums eveyone seems to have there own opinion i just don't want meas up my ride i.e bushes etc by putting 22".

Post #455825 Sat Mar 14 2015 3:26pm
Guyzer73

Oman 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Vesuvius Orange

Mirzazuber,

I've had no discernible effect on my bushes etc. I got them replaced after 3 years of 22s, and the garage seems to think this is normal in our climate and with the driving I do (short distance, plenty of turns and on unsurfaced roads)...

Comfort wise I've lowered the Sport 20mm using an IIDTool and run 285/35R22s Toyo Proxes tyres. I don't find the ride harsh compared to the original 20s (275/40R20) but that said when I'm on road the surface is very good and there are no pot holes etc to navigate... Think German Autobahn rather than UK country roads Wink

Ultimately it's up to you as the owner. I'm more than happy with my choice and will be sticking with it, others have tried 22s and have reverted back to 20s.

Have a good rest of weekend.

Guy 2006 RRS S/C CONSTANTLY under modification...
1994 RRC 4.2l not LSE sadly gone but not forgotten
LR Defender 300Tdi - affectionately know as "The Black Beast"

Post #455893 Sun Mar 15 2015 6:31am
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

RRSTDV8 wrote:

My own view is that I think 22 inch rims with rubber band tyres on a 4x4 look ridiculous but I appear to be in a minority! Rolling with laughter

Personally I have to agree with RRSTDV8 however as he said it is purely a personal choice, and fortunately everybody has different tastes and ideas otherwise we might as welll all drive trabants or what ever they are called.

The first thing I did when I bought both my TDV8 and 5.0 Supercharger was to change the tyres to 275x45x20 as felt this was the best option. the overall diameter is slightly larger so fills the arch a bit more and looks visually better, the tyre also has a higher load rating of 110y instead of 106y, also having a bit more side wall I think it rides better and also feel it gives a little more protection to the rim against kerbing and cracking.

The difference in the speedo reading is negligible, there are different tyre sizes listed in the CCF files so this may allow the size to be changed to compensate for this, never did find out if that is what they are for or not.

Informed my insurance company I had fitted different wheels (Genuine Overfinch) and tyres and they were more than happy with the change. Have had no issues with L/R warranty either.

As said this is all personal choice and have found this to be the best option for myself.

Cheers
Col

Post #455914 Sun Mar 15 2015 11:49am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1