RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > I have seen the future - and it's BLUE!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>

Mark_N

United Kingdom 
I have seen the future - and it's BLUE!!

What a Car!

Here are some pictures of my SVR which has been through PDI, is waiting for a valet before I take delivery on 1 March. You can see the car is crammed into a compound so the pictures taken so close to the car do not do it justice but I can tell you it is quite wonderful.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

The Estoril Blue speaks for itself and sparkles in the light. Personal taste, I know, but there was another SVR in white and there is just not the same effect.

You can see this car has the 21 inch wheels shod in Michelin Latitude 275/45 R21 110Y with decent kerb protection which cost around £225, so the car can be re-shod for £1k.

Also, the side rubbing strips have been fitted, look good, £450 and worthwhile to help prevent parking dings.

Click image to enlarge

Under the bonnet, the hugely extravagant carbon fibre engine cover, looks great even if it does cost £1500. The carbon fibre inside looks good too, I prefer it to the turned aluminium which was on the white car. Incidentally, if you buy the main carbon-fibre trim option, the trim in the steering wheel is included, you do not need to specify it separately.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Inside, the seats look good with the cirrus piping and are very comfortable. I'm pleased with my all black interior, again, personal choice. Only disappointment is that the screen saver - which in the Evoque can be set to the side profile icon - has a limited range of options, it would have been nice to have one for the SVR, a logo or something.

Most of it is standard RRS but the exhaust button is new; turn the engine on, blip the throttle and these's this wonderful noise and popping on the overrun. I tried to record it hanging the iPhone out of the window, not wholly successful but I will try to post the recording if I can and will do better when I have the car to myself.

Mileage is 30 currently, apparently the SVRs are coming in with slightly nore miles than normal, perhaps it reflects additional testing or else the dealer has taken it for a longer than normal PDI test drive...

Rear boot space, there's something I noticed which looked like a piece of missing trim, must investigate. The loadspace threshold is a bit low rent compared to the stainless threshold I had on the Evoque, you can have it on this one too as an accessory, plain or illuminated. Some would say you never see it so why bother but that logic didn't apply to the engine cover so it won't apply here either.

So, the car is paid for, been offered GAP insurance at £699, tyre and wheel at £599 and ding insurance at £299 if taken together. Thinking about it...

This car is going to be great. It oozes quality, the exhaust note is fantastic, it looks sensational and is a lot of car for the money. I cannot wait to drive it. If you have an SVR on order, you will not be in the least disappointed and I hope your's arrives soon! Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #453126 Fri Feb 20 2015 2:19pm
sally

United Kingdom 

WAAAAAAA HHHHEEEYYYYYYYYY!!! First SVR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That blue, even on a dull day and rain still looks gorgeous. Congrats on getting it and i cant wait for mine!!

Please do post the exhaust clip when you get as chance!! 2012 Evoque
2014 Sport Autobiography
2015 SVR for the fun stuff
2016 Evoque SI4 Dynamic Lux for the daily drive
2016 Defender 90
2018 SVR

Post #453127 Fri Feb 20 2015 2:31pm
Renaco

Germany 

Fantastic Car, congrats. Hope you can drive it soon.

By the way, I see the exhoust tips are silver Chrome?
I assumed from all Promotion cars, the tips are coming in the great black-Chrome, matching to the "black-out" SVR design.

I see now also another difference to all Promotion cars, it misses the SVR broadening on the Fenders. Is this a dealer fit, or did they Change the design in the last Minute...?

Last edited by Renaco on Fri Feb 20 2015 2:45pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #453128 Fri Feb 20 2015 2:37pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Thank you both.

Yes, exhaust tips are a sort of dull chrome I think, just fine, bright chrome requires too much cleaning. One other thing to sort out is the LR badge on the front which is green; I'd like to replace it with black...

Sorry but the audio clip is very poor and doesn't do the car justice. Will do it again when I get it! Mark

Last edited by Mark_N on Fri Feb 20 2015 2:49pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #453129 Fri Feb 20 2015 2:44pm
Renaco

Germany 

Yes, the black logo is for the SVR a must... Wink

I see now also another difference to all Promotion cars, it misses the SVR broadening on the Fenders. Is this a dealer fit, or did they Change the design in the last Minute...?

By the way, great that you where going with clear Windows, the RRS Looks perfect without black tinted Windows...

Post #453130 Fri Feb 20 2015 2:48pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Yes, for me, the tinted rear windows upset the balance but each to their own. I have them on my GT3 and they're fine. As for the fenders, I assume you mean the wheel arches are not as flared as expected. I think that's true, some of the initial pictures seem to highlight them and the car appears a bit less muscular as a result. Still more than fine for me!! Mark

Post #453131 Fri Feb 20 2015 3:01pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Was also surprised by the aerial on the roof; is that true of all RRS or is it because I have the Wi-Fi hot-spot option? Mark

Post #453132 Fri Feb 20 2015 3:09pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Bow down Bow down Bow down
I am sure you know exactly how many minutes to go until 1st March. This is the best colour, doesn't matter if it ends up being the most common among all the SVRs that are going to be out there. Congratulations Thumbs Up Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #453134 Fri Feb 20 2015 3:20pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Thank you! Mark

Post #453137 Fri Feb 20 2015 3:34pm
Chrisr1806

England 

Bow down Bow down

Stunning. Cool So jealous, I'll have to cope with my poverty spec HSE diesel. Big Cry Arrived: MY16 A/B SDV6 in Aruba, Ivory interior, piano black trim, black panoramic roof, spare wheel, blind spot monitoring, mudlaps and more... Twisted Evil

Gone but not forgotten:
2014 RRS2 SDV6 HSE in Loire Blue
2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE in Santorini Black

Post #453153 Fri Feb 20 2015 5:16pm
Invincible

United Kingdom 

Stunning!! - good luck to you Sir Thumbs Up

Post #453156 Fri Feb 20 2015 5:43pm
Renaco

Germany 

Mark_N wrote:
Yes, for me, the tinted rear windows upset the balance but each to their own. I have them on my GT3 and they're fine. As for the fenders, I assume you mean the wheel arches are not as flared as expected. I think that's true, some of the initial pictures seem to highlight them and the car appears a bit less muscular as a result. Still more than fine for me!!

I like it anyway more the clean wheel arches on your SVR.
I was just wondering, because all SVR´s i have found in the net had it flared with this colour coded plastic arches...

I am happy for you, such a stylish machine...

Post #453160 Fri Feb 20 2015 5:48pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Thank you both. The proof will be in the driving. This will be my everyday driver apart from my battered Subaru Impreza when it is doing supermarket/airport duty. Mark

Post #453162 Fri Feb 20 2015 5:53pm
Dave777

United Kingdom 

Bow down Awesome Bow down

So jealous. Waiting for my 3.0SDV6 now but I think I know what my next one is going to be!!!!! You should get commission.

My dealer did a good deal on insurances too, nothing on the car sadly.

Roll on March 1st.

Post #453163 Fri Feb 20 2015 5:58pm
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

That looks fabulous Mark. Well done.

I thought the SVR arches had to be slightly flared to take the 22s. And I agree entirely about the privacy glass - has been on my last 3 sports but not the SVR. Thumbs Up 

Post #453164 Fri Feb 20 2015 6:01pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>