RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Dealership Feedback > Lookers Chipperfield Kings Langley Herfordshire - Terrible S
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

RRSman

United Kingdom 
Lookers Chipperfield Kings Langley Herfordshire - Terrible S

Been wanting to share this but been busy so here goes:

Was looking at approved used Vehicles as current lead times for new cars were being quoted anywhere between 3 and 5 months. Saw a car I liked so booked in an appointment to view and test drive. Reached the dealer and was greeted by the salesman who took me to the car. Coversation as follows:

Sales man (SM)
Here is the car sir.
It has a tow bar as the only optional extra but being an HSE it's fully loades anyway sir.

Me:
Thanks so it's a basic spec car that is 12 months old but priced the same as list on a new car! Wow these are really holding their value arn't they?

SM:
Yes as if you wanted a new one the current leadtimes are 9-13 months!!

Me:
(Thinking to myself what a fuxking lie!) Oh wow that is long. Can we take this for a drive in that case?
SM:
Yes we can but would you buy this today of you liked it? Or have you got your eye on anything else?
ME: I won't be taking a decision today as have another car to see at another dealer but have never driven one of these before so really need to drive one before I know of it's the right car for me!
SM: oh ok but I don't want to be wasting my time with you taking you for a drive only to see you go and buy at another dealer.
ME: urm sorry? If you don't want to waste your time that is fine leave it at that. But if you don't try you won't get a sale? What do you want me to do place a deposit and then go for a drive.
SM: sir that would be great

I was fuming so told him where to put his head and walked out.

Fuxking appalling! Will be driving in to see him once my brand new car arrives on 1st March!

Rant over but ridiculous behaviour!

Excuse any typos on my Iphone!

Post #452520 Sat Feb 14 2015 5:58pm
Nowaytk

England 

Wow, can't believe what appalling behaviour, I purchased my sport from chipperfeild and had a totally different experience, ie; when I went in for a service for my evoque, I mentioned that I was thinking of upgrading so was offered a test drive, which was unaccompanied and for at least 2 hrs. Fortunately that was enough to make me think seriously about it. I mentioned that I needed to have a longer test, to see about access issues etc which they sorted out with a longer drive. Even when I mentioned how does the supercharged perform, was told here are the keys bring it back in an hour, ( even though he knew I was going for the sdv6 ) so a totally different experience, if you want to, let me know who gave you this appalling service ( pm me if you want ) and next time I'm in there I'll let the dp know as they shouldn't be allowed to get away with this sort of attitude,
Omg, just re read what I put, and anyone would think I worked there Laughing , seriously though, I've only got praise for this dealership based on my experience either it be the service department or sales so a bit shocked on your experience 2015 HSE SDV6 Scotia Grey, ebony / lunar, colour coded, deployable steps, TV, sliding pano and a few other bits. Now gone
2018 Velar R-Dynamic HSE sdv6 silicon silver

Post #452536 Sat Feb 14 2015 9:34pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

I tell you what - I was so appaled At what happened I totally forgot the chaps name!

Post #452769 Mon Feb 16 2015 9:28pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I remember a car salesman (not LR) refusing to tell a colleague the price of a car unless he undertook to buy it there and then. Really, he refused to tell him the price. And wanted him to agree to buy it. Yes, really.

Suffice to say that m'colleague went elsewhere.

I wonder, sometimes, if these salespeople really are stupid or if they just have some very clever plan to buy the cars themselves... 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #452777 Mon Feb 16 2015 11:29pm
nil07

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Bonatti Grey

RRS . cant believe u were treated like that.
i had similar treatment from them and looker park royal. so last july i ended up foning around at ended up with a nice chap at marshall land rover so went all the way there. he told me i would get the RRS by oct/nov so i booked with him...bit miffed when in the end i got deliv date of march 2015. anyway the guy was nice and good customer service. i mean if u spend 80k and then get a Censored of a sales guy then thats not a good strt for a prmium lux brand
N

currently car is in dealer with @suspension@ fault - some guy on here assures me its only a faulty sensor - hope so

any thoughts which are the best dealers for customer care and service around london / m25 north

Post #458383 Mon Apr 06 2015 10:50am
ravingmad

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

I bought mine from Hadleigh Green in Barnet.
Good customer service then.
It has now been taken over by Grange Motors, so cannot comment.
I did however buy my previous Jag from Grange in Brentwood and they were excellent.
Pot luck in the end. MY13.5 Autobiography, Santorini Black, Privacy Glass. Gone
Driving a milk float for now.

Post #458387 Mon Apr 06 2015 12:35pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Took delivery of mine from Grange Last week, 2nd car I have bought from them, prior to that I used Lookers Park Royal until most of the senior sales tream moved to Hadley Green (now Grange Garage). Have had nothing but brilliant service from both dealers when buying. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #458394 Mon Apr 06 2015 2:25pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Mine will be going to Slough for regular maintainence. Also heard good things about Park Royal service..

Post #458412 Mon Apr 06 2015 4:12pm
Ian.H

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HST Java Black

Where abouts in Slough mate?

I'm on the look out for a local garage.. Park Royal isn't far (albeit A40 traffic is never fun!).. but Slough isn't far either being based in Hillingdon (bought my Focus RS from SMC in slough a couple of years ago).

Cheers..

Ian

Post #458419 Mon Apr 06 2015 5:47pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Lancaster Burnham Slough - 4 miles from me.

Did go in to buy from them and very friendly staff happy to offer test drives etc but a little pushy with sales and no movement on negotiations at all. Was a bit odd as the salesman was a nice chap who kept saying he would do everything he can to get my sale but the fact was that he was doing nothing lol - typical we have too many people and not enough cars so sorry no discount, no service pack free and no extras free mentality.

He did call after I bought the car and I told him what deal I got and he seemed upset Smile

Hope they are better with service though:
http://www.lancaster.burnham.landrover.co.uk

Post #458428 Mon Apr 06 2015 6:54pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1