RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > Hurrah! SVR has been built...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>

Mark_N

United Kingdom 

So, car arriving at the dealer today or tomorrow, will be picking up on Sunday 1 March. Insurance has come out at £509 which is reasonable. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #452698 Mon Feb 16 2015 2:27pm
viper

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

Well at least your nuts are ok then Mark Shocked (wheel nuts)
Insurance is a good price well look forward to pics and sound track Thumbs Up 2016 bmw x5 40d m-sport space grey
2015 bmw 335i m-sport touring mineral grey/coral interior looking to change again .
Gone HSE SDV6 Dynamic indus silver, santorini contrast roof,panoramic roof,red brakes,privacy,climate front seats,tow bar great car enjoyed it ����
Gone my10 3.0 tdv6 Bali blue/ivory 5 years 24k no problems great car will be missed

Post #452708 Mon Feb 16 2015 5:27pm
sally

United Kingdom 

Mark_N wrote:
So, car arriving at the dealer today or tomorrow, will be picking up on Sunday 1 March. Insurance has come out at £509 which is reasonable.

Waa hey! First SVR imminent!

Can i ask who you went with for insurance? 2012 Evoque
2014 Sport Autobiography
2015 SVR for the fun stuff
2016 Evoque SI4 Dynamic Lux for the daily drive
2016 Defender 90
2018 SVR

Post #452710 Mon Feb 16 2015 5:32pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

I added it to my Admiral Multi-Car policy bringing me back to the maximum of 5 cars. I'm a retired old dog, so no commuting or business use, £1000 excess.

The cover is cheap - something like £1800 for the cars - but Admiral cover has to come with a wealth warning because there isn't the flexibility to agree value and they will only ever pay market value which as we know means that most options will not be reflected in any total loss payout. There is therefore an element of self-insurance in that you have to cover the difference between reinstatement cost and their payout.

I'm comfortable with that but I can imagine others will want more security. Does make me wonder whether I'll buy GAP insurance for it. I daresay I'll get the sales pitch in due course... Mark

Post #452739 Mon Feb 16 2015 7:01pm
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

This is the thing about insurance. I hate it with a passion, but pay 5 figures p.a. so I sleep at night. The £509 is what the increase in my premium will be. They (Chubb) are also fantastic come a claim. Only had to claim once - outstanding service.

The great benefits of my policy are (a) an agreed value (the agreed value of my current sport is 50% more than its trade in value Whistle ) and (b) any car, any driver (except the wife who has to be named). This is a huge benefit - all of you are insured to drive my cars, but not my wife.

Everyone's a winner. 

Post #452749 Mon Feb 16 2015 8:01pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

I've no doubt at all that Chubb provide better cover than Admiral but it comes at a cost. I'm widowed so there's only me driving one of the cars at any one time which reduces the premium. Mark

Post #452764 Mon Feb 16 2015 9:37pm
philmw

There are sensible and astute people in this world.

And then there's me.

Thumbs Up 

Post #452772 Mon Feb 16 2015 11:03pm
Dickie

United Kingdom 

Drove past a LR transporter today which from the rear looked like it had its usual mixture of common as muck Discos and Vogues but then as I went past there were 2 simply stunning Estoril SVRs on it. Supremely jealous that someone's getting their SVR so soon and I've got to wait until mid-April. The transporter was driving south on the A34 just south of Oxford therefore assume somewhere Hampshire/Southampton based - unless that's where they're shipped from these days?

I seriously can't wait for mine now! SOLD - 15 plate Estoril SVR

SOLD - 64 plate Aleutian Silver Supercharged

SOLD - 63 plate Corris SDV6 Autobiography

Post #452779 Tue Feb 17 2015 1:29am
philmw

I think it is great that UK cars are being delivered. The fact that LR scheduled at least 74 and probably more like 100 UK orders for build in front of mine is what has beaten most of the excitement out of me. 

Post #452784 Tue Feb 17 2015 7:58am
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Pleased to say mine has arrived at the dealer. Going there on Friday to take a look, sadly diary congestion getting in the way.

Interesting what Dickie says - I wonder if it's the styling tweaks or the colour which made them stand out?

I use the A34 a lot and there's a constant stream of transporters heading south to (I assume) Southampton which is where the ship that ran aground sailed from. Mark

Post #452816 Tue Feb 17 2015 3:58pm
ABSport

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

Pictures please, love to see it Thumbs Up

Post #452822 Tue Feb 17 2015 6:28pm
viper

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

Mark what kind of retirement is that diary fully booked i would have to cancel something to get there a little sooner more will power than me well enjoy friday and get plenty footage Thumbs Up 2016 bmw x5 40d m-sport space grey
2015 bmw 335i m-sport touring mineral grey/coral interior looking to change again .
Gone HSE SDV6 Dynamic indus silver, santorini contrast roof,panoramic roof,red brakes,privacy,climate front seats,tow bar great car enjoyed it ����
Gone my10 3.0 tdv6 Bali blue/ivory 5 years 24k no problems great car will be missed

Post #452828 Tue Feb 17 2015 7:49pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Ah, salesman's day off on Wednesday and I'm leading an all-day walk with my walking group on Thursday, so Friday it is!

You're right though, retirement is so busy, I wonder how I ever had time to work!! Mark

Post #452829 Tue Feb 17 2015 7:56pm
peanutbob

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Retired people normally end up with the last company car, like an old Merc S Class, Jag XJ6, BMW 7 Series, which they keep for 8 years and then buy a Honda Jazz (for the reduced carbon footprint..). So, what on earth are you doing buying an SVR in your retirement years?? However, you are with a walking group.... Laughing The blue rinse ladies will have something to say when you arrive in a snorting monster!

Post #452832 Tue Feb 17 2015 8:45pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Ah yes, the Honda Jazz. A few of those... We're a breakaway group from the nature ramblers, walks start at 10 miles and this one is 7.1 before lunch at a lovely pub in Cold Aston in Gloucestershire and 4 or so after. Good exercise, convivial company (even if there is lack of comprehension about cars) and glorious countryside. The SVR will attract a few comments though... Mark

Post #452835 Tue Feb 17 2015 9:44pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>