RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > PLEASE READ. THIS. £80000 car had been extensively damaged
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 5 12345>

highfellzippy

United Kingdom 
PLEASE READ. THIS. £80000 car had been extensively damaged

HELLO. I WILL NAME AND SHAME. THIS DEALER.

IN SEPT I BOUGHT A NEW SPORT EX DEMO AUTOBIOGRAPHY WITH 3000 miles

ON THE WAY HOME SAT IN THE PASSENGER SEAT I NOTICED THAT THE PAINTWORK WAS OFF COLOUR ON THE DOORS

AFTER NUMEROUS CALLS TO DEALER AND AFTER 2 conversations with sales man. THE DEALER PRINCIPLE HAS NOW ADMITTED THE CAR HAS HAD EXTENSIVE DAMAGE RESULTING IN REPLACEMENT BODY PANELS WHEN IT WAS A DEMO with THEM

I GAVE THEM THE CHANCE TO RECTIFY THE ISSUES. SAYING if THE CAR WAS NOT PERFECT I WILL BE REJECTING THE CAR. THEY HAVE NOW PAINTED THE BONNET BUMPER WING BOTH NEARSIDE DOORS AND REAR QUARTER.

ON INSPECTION YOU COULD SEE WHERE THE MASKING TAPE HAD BEEN PUT ON AROUND THE BLACK TRIM ON THE REAR QUARTER AND WHEN REMOVED THIS HAS LEFT A JAGGED EDGE ON THE WHITE PAINTWORK.

WORST OF ALL BUFFING COMPOUND WAS SMEARED IN THE GAP TO HIDE THE FACT THE PAINTWORK WAS SUBSTANDARD

I PAID £78500. Dealer principles buy back offer. Would LEAVE ME OUT OF POCKET BY £7000

As he says I have done 3000 miles in it

ANYONE KNOW SOMEONES CONTACT DETAILS HIGH UP AT LANDROVER. AS THIS DEALERSHIP SHOULD BE NAMED AND SHAMED

AND WILL BE. SOON

Post #450788 Sun Feb 01 2015 7:41pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ABSport

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

Shocking Shocked I am angry just reading the post, all that money paid out and it's like this. Hope you get a replacement.

Post #450800 Sun Feb 01 2015 8:23pm
PEACHY

England 

HFZ - what would be your ideal settlement - why can't you name the Dealership it may stop somebody else being treated this way - which I feel is appalling !!! 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
17MY Autobiography Dynamic - Corris Grey - WOW.
14MY Autobiography Dynamic - SDV6 - Fuji White Smile
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Orkney Grey - awesome ;(
2005 Java Black - 4.2 V8 Supercharged First Edition- will never be forgotten ;(

Post #450801 Sun Feb 01 2015 8:29pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

It's only £80k, what's the problem....?

Seriously though, £80k and they try to fob you off with that. No wonder your hacked off!

Try pete@landrover you should find him in the LR customer relations section. Thumbs Up Bodsys Brake Bible
Software Updates Contact me
RRS Timed Heat/Remote kits - Contact me
BAS Engine Re-maps/ EGR Blank EuIII and EuIV
Clock On The Dash/ SNOTM /3Flash / BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes read\ Gearbox Reset
See it HERE

Post #450804 Sun Feb 01 2015 8:43pm
highfellzippy

United Kingdom 

Dealership s in the north east

Any guesses ????????????

ANYONE ??

Post #450806 Sun Feb 01 2015 8:57pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Clearly, the only reasonable action is for them to buy the car back for what you paid, irrespective of the miles you've done in it (though you should have stopped driving it the moment the reality became clear). Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #450812 Sun Feb 01 2015 9:31pm
highfellzippy

United Kingdom 

They constantly denied it had been damaged for 3 months they only admitted if after I had an idepedant report done on the car

I agreed if they repaired it correctly I would look at keeping it but even after 3 weeks at the body shop it was still A mess

And to top it off they put compound on the car to try and hide it.

This dealership. Even lied about the mileage I. Travelled 100 miles to buy a 2100 mile car as advertised and found it to have travelled 3900

Great car . Dealer Censored

Post #450815 Sun Feb 01 2015 9:53pm
whippetman

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Definite case for Trading Standards and Small Claims Court

Post #450836 Sun Feb 01 2015 11:07pm
highfellzippy

United Kingdom 

Thanks hope Landrover comes good tomorrow

The dealer wants it all their way and not willing to meet in the middle. I will stick the car outside the entrance. And have large card signs on display

Stating what they have done after I have invested
£82000

Post #450838 Sun Feb 01 2015 11:25pm
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

What do you want or expect LR to do? I understand your anger, but your beef is with the dealer. 

Post #450840 Sun Feb 01 2015 11:51pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

The dealer is representing the brand of LR. I would want them to pressure the dealer to resolve the issue in the right way. Bodsys Brake Bible
Software Updates Contact me
RRS Timed Heat/Remote kits - Contact me
BAS Engine Re-maps/ EGR Blank EuIII and EuIV
Clock On The Dash/ SNOTM /3Flash / BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes read\ Gearbox Reset
See it HERE

Post #450841 Sun Feb 01 2015 11:59pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

I feel your pain HFZ and hope you get sorted. I went through a similar experience after dealer dropped mine off a ramp. I contacted everyone I could at LR including Dr Speth to no avail but give it a go Bow down

I had months of hot air and attempts to repair but in the end I had to suck it up take the hit and move on. The next dealer screwed up the replacement and the next messed up a warranty repair and so on.......

I've lost interest in anything JLR build because no matter how good it looks I haven't found a dealer who employs staff who give a Censored and neither do LRCS Evil or Very Mad

This is why I don't come on here as much as I used to Rolling Eyes

If you used finance or paid deposit with credit card try for refund under sale of goods act/consumer credit act Thumbs Up Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #450850 Mon Feb 02 2015 12:48am
nashvegas

United States 2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Zermatt Silver
Awful situation

I would post very detailed pictures up here ... that will certainly shame the dealer.

Post #450853 Mon Feb 02 2015 3:17am
BKHK

Australia 

Disgraceful. Name and shame them on here, it will stop other people being ripped off. Suggest that you will put signs on saying that you were sold a dud by xx dealer.

An acquaintance of mine recently had an issue with a new vehicle purchase within the first 6 weeks. He runs a restaurant. He invited the salesman to a free dinner. When the salesman got to the restaurant, he saw a sign in the window pointing with an arrow to the vehicle in question explaining what was wrong with it. When he opened the menu, he saw a photo of the vehicle and the dealership and an explanation of what was wrong.

Next day, the car was taken back and exchanged with at charge for a new one. Its only publicity which will shake them into action.

Post #450856 Mon Feb 02 2015 5:11am
viper

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

which dealer then stratstone newcastle or stockton ? ive always dealt with newcastle and never had a problem but this is a discrace and if a main dealer can treat a customer like this after a 80k purchase name them and shame them and i hope you can get the car sorted to the condition it should be with some compensation or better still a new replacement good luck Thumbs Up 2016 bmw x5 40d m-sport space grey
2015 bmw 335i m-sport touring mineral grey/coral interior looking to change again .
Gone HSE SDV6 Dynamic indus silver, santorini contrast roof,panoramic roof,red brakes,privacy,climate front seats,tow bar great car enjoyed it ����
Gone my10 3.0 tdv6 Bali blue/ivory 5 years 24k no problems great car will be missed

Post #450858 Mon Feb 02 2015 7:03am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 5 12345>